Finally talked my wife into joining me at the range!

I had been talking to her about it all day Saturday, but when I woke up this morning I figured that I was going alone. Only thing that I'd heard from her was "I'll think about it." This morning, my daughter was babysitting two little boys and knew I was wanting to get out for awhile and asked me if I was going shooting, meaning alone. "Yup..." I said. Right before I was ready to leave she told me that she'd decided she would go too!

"Won't nobody laugh at me will they?" she asked. She has NEVER shot a gun before and showed no interest before today. I promised her that no one will be paying any attention to her, but me. I wasn't going to let her do anything stupid or unsafe.

I took a couple of .22 pistols to use and took only two other pistols that I hadn't had a chance to shoot yet; a S&W .357Mag, and a S&W 642 Airweight .38 special.

I went over the basics of aiming, safety, loading, shooting, and unloading and handed her the SR22. She was pretty jumpy at first, especially when the guy next to us was shooting, but calmed down pretty well, fairly fast. I must be a good teacher :pleased: as she did very well on her first time shooting. After watching me shoot the .38 and the .357 she said that she wanted to try them too!

Congratulations dear! You made me proud today!

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I consider myself lucky. My wife & I shoot together once a week at G&L in Hendersonville. We compete against one another, and shoot pretty much as well as one another.

She has had her HCP over a year now.

sent from ...

My only concern was when she asked me, "How many did you bring?" I don't think she has any idea as to how many I own. I'd like to keep it that way,

Always a touchy subject, and there is no correct answer to her question.. The best response is - just enough.

Edited by quietguy

Good to hear that..

Woman usualy take a lot more faster to gun related stuff than men because we usualy do not handle guns ..So we do not have bad habbits or bad muscle memory..a blank and fresh canvas to work with, as you will....

Get her her own guns..or be prepared for her to lay claim on yours.....lol

I did..and now he has a few less firearms to call his..hehehe

Good to hear that..

Woman usualy take a lot more faster to gun related stuff than men because we usualy do not handle guns ..So we do not have bad habbits or bad muscle memory..a blank and fresh canvas to work with, as you will....

Get her her own guns..or be prepared for her to lay claim on yours.....lol

I did..and now he has a few less firearms to call his..hehehe

As we were leaving she said that she "had fun, but don't buy me a gun for Christmas."

Good for her! :) My sister got a new Ruger LC9 and came over to let me "show her how to shoot it"......she took to it right away and wound up shooting 100 rds.....and she even loaded all her own mags! I think that women oftentimes underestimate their ability when it comes to handling firearms.