V.E.P.R. AK Rifles

MiddTennTaco

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest The Dude

The length of pull isnt that much more than a warsaw length stock. Maybe 1" or so. prolly about like a NATO length AK stock.

ETA: And the wood on these rifles is gorgeous. Pics dont do them justice.

Edited by The Dude
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest Camar068

Hi guys, new to the forum as of just now. Thanks for all the info you all have posted. I've been eyeballing these as well. I'm actually going to pick up one this friday, but not sure which one to get. I plan to get the 7.62x54R w/20.5" barrel with the integrated sights. I'm new to AK's as well so please excuse my ignorance.

Do you think the integrated sights would be less accurate than the standard sights? I've also read that the standard sights is Ver. 01 and the integrated sights are Ver. 02...which has a longer gas tube. Do you think the longer gas tube will be an issue down the road?

Lastly, what do you think about the rail listed below? I've seen the centered Molot mounts, but they are about a $100 more. I'm not even sure if the below link will work on this rifle. I'd like the ability to use a scope as well as iron sights, but I dont want to lift my head up a mile to use them like the AR carrying handle scope mount.

http://centerfiresys...m/MNTAKA15.aspx

Thanks In Advance

If you feel I'm hijacking, please delete, thought the questions would add to the topic.

'Maro

Edited by Camar068
Hi guys, new to the forum as of just now. I've been eyeballing these as well. I'm actually going to pick up one this friday, but not sure which one to get. I plan to get the 7.62x54R w/20.5" barrel with the integrated sights. I'm new to AK's as well so please excuse my ignorance.

Do you think the integrated sights would be less accurate than the standard sights? I've also read that the standard sights is Ver. 01 and the integrated sights are Ver. 02...which has a longer gas tube. Do you think the longer gas tube will be an issue down the road?

Lastly, what do you think about the rail listed below? I've seen the centered Molot mounts, but they are about a $100 more. I'm not even sure if the below link will work on this rifle. I'd like the ability to use a scope as well as iron sights, but I dont want to lift my head up a mile to use them like the AR carrying handle scope mount.

http://centerfiresystems.com/MNTAKA15.aspx

Thanks In Advance

If you feel I'm hijacking, please delete, thought the questions would add to the topic.

'Maro

I personally don't like the integrated sights. They aren't as adjustable and you can't use the numerous good mounts that use the standard leaf sights if you are so inclined down the road. The only top cover mount that works its the TWS mount and it is awesome!

Stay away from the mount you posted and all like it. They don't hold zero from shot to shot.

Guest Camar068

Thx Smith, looks like I need to contact them to ensure they have one that will fit the 54. I don't see anything definitive stating one will fit. I'd seen that one yesterday, but outta my price range (~$50) right now.

Hi guys, new to the forum as of just now...

Thanks In Advance

'Maro

Rare indeed is the thread on TGO that doesn't get hijacked to one degree or another, at least you are on topic.

Welcome to TGO BTW!

Guest The Dude

The integrated sight models do have different gas tubes. The standard AK tubes are 7 inches in length, and the 02 models are longer. The only problem you would have is if you wanted to convert to use standard AK furniture later on, as a standard tube wouldnt fit. The 01 model will take a standard tube, but will require either removing the tension spring, or taking a little material off the spring to clear the larger ID of the barrel in order to fully seat and allow the tube latch to close and lock it in place.

• 3 months later...