IDPA Classifier At Gallatin Gun Club

Gallatin Gun will host the IDPA classifer this Saturday Sept. 8th. Start time is 9:00AM, try to be at the range by 8:30. Match fees are $10 for club members and $15 for non-members. Youth is $10. Each gun you want to shoot will incure a seperate fee. Match is open to all. Gate will be closed, just wait for someone to come and open it or follow a member in. Round count is 90

We got deluged last time we tried this. Weather looks better this time.

The classifier is great for first time(safe)shooters. 14 separate strings of fire with 13 draws from your holster. Nothing to wild to deal with. Shots from cover, reloads, shots while moving, strong and weak hand shots.

You do not have to be an IDPA or Gallatin Gun Club member to come out and shoot.

I've noticed that you SO quite a bit. I have also noticed that it's really hard for me to focus on my game when I'm SOing so if your game is all over the place try shooting a match just as a shooter. That is if you can I know your needed. Gonna try and visit you all this next weekend.

I've noticed that you SO quite a bit. I have also noticed that it's really hard for me to focus on my game when I'm SOing so if your game is all over the place try shooting a match just as a shooter. That is if you can I know your needed. Gonna try and visit you all this next weekend.

That was the plan last week. Then I SO'd a guy and almost got swept first stage :eek:. That set the tone for the rest of the day.

Worked out to be a pretty good day. By the end it got nice and sunny.

I met my goal for the day by making Sharpshooter in both SSP and ESP. But so close to Expert in SSP I actually felt a little disappointment, LOL. Ah well, maybe I can slow down enough to actually hit all my shots on Stage 3 next time.

I enjoyed coming out and meeting everyone yesterday. It was fun shooting and I hope to be back up for the November match. I'm not equipped for a 3 gun match so I'll have to sit the next match out. Can't wait to see how my score came out yesterday.

-Tony

• 2 weeks later...

I am new to the forums and would love to get into the IDPA shooting. Do any of you do practice/training for it? Maybe try to meet up with you guys sometime. Thanks!

The class is more of an advanced class. Not sure how they let me in. :huh:

We shoot the IDPA classifier on the 6th of October. It is a great place to start.