Got a real gunbelt.

After a lot of internet searching and reading here, I figured it was time to take the plunge I thought my regular belt was doing an ok job of herting around my M&P all day but at the end of the day it was sagging pretty badly and starting to show signs of premature wear. We went to walk around the Nashville flea market a couple of weekends ago and I came across a leather booth. I went in and the guy was really nice as I looked over his offerings not really finding what I was looking for. I asked if he had any betls that were thicker. He stepped over to the corner and said "I have these, but they are more for the people that carry a gun." I just laughed and said "That's what I am looking for."

He did not have my size on account of I am a fat ass, but showed me some of the belts and we taked about what I wanted. He gave me his card and said to send him an e-mail. A few days, and a paypal transaction later and I have a very nice hand made gun belt. Fits like a glove and what a difference when it comes to carrying a pistol. The weight just disappears, the gun feels solid on my side and has no sag at all.

In all I am happy with it so far. I am looking forward to the weekend when I can let the gun ride the whole day and see how it does.

• Like 1
Guest 73challenger

I have a wilderness tactical belt. I love it. I bought it because of the suggestions on TGO. I think this belt will still be in good shape 10 years from now.

• 2 weeks later...

Leather is nice and all but pretty expensive. Can anyone recommend any of those nylon, range, instructors belts? Blackhawk, 5.11, Galco, Uncle Mikes, etc I'd like a belt that is good for all occasions whether I'm carrying or not aswell.

I have one of the Wilderness Tactical 3-stitch Ring belts (looks like they have discontinued this model, but the Frequent Flyer's belt is very similar). Very sturdy, fastens with velcro so it's infinitely adjustable. Carries any of my handguns with no problem.

Edited by DaddyO

Leather is nice and all but pretty expensive. Can anyone recommend any of those nylon, range, instructors belts? Blackhawk, 5.11, Galco, Uncle Mikes, etc I'd like a belt that is good for all occasions whether I'm carrying or not as well.

I think that is the beauty of the one I got. It is a plain brown leather belt. I specifically made sure I chose one with no special adorments to draw attention and so that it would go with pretty much anything I wear. It is a 1.5" belt so it fits in the loops of all my shorts and pants. The best part was it was $47.00 shipped. Can't beat that.

Leather is nice and all but pretty expensive. Can anyone recommend any of those nylon, range, instructors belts? Blackhawk, 5.11, Galco, Uncle Mikes, etc I'd like a belt that is good for all occasions whether I'm carrying or not aswell.

Wilderness 5 stitch instructor belt is nice, but it's still not as good as a Beltman leather belt, horsehide for mine.

• Like 1

I have a 4 year old Uncle Mike's kydex reinforced rigger's belt that shows no indications of wear/sag whatsoever, but lately I've been wanting a kydex reinforced leather dress belt (maybe 1.25"). I'll have to check this guy out and see if he has anything like that.