XD help

Guest jackdog

Guest jackdog

Most of you know that I love Glocks, but I recently started looking at the XD.

Like the feel of the xd and the grip safety is nice. Trigger does not impress me, but then the glock trigger took some getting used to as well. Reliability is a big issue for me, as my glocks have never let me down. So where can I go to actually shoot the xd. Need some ranges that will rent me the pistol.

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The Sevierville Indoor range has an XD-9 Service for rent, not sure if that's near you, but I do know they have one.

If the XD trigger feels funny, it's probably because it's brand new and hasn't been broken in yet. 100 rounds or so later it will feel noticeably different. My XD's trigger was stiff and heavy for an XD when I bought it. Now, about 3500 rounds later, it's not quite so heavy, and the pull is very crisp IMO.

My take on the XD is that it's a gun that rewards you for shooting it more. The trigger just gets better as you go. One more incentive to shoot it more often.

I know you're pretty far away from me, and I don't know about the ranges in your area... but if you're ever this way you're welcome to try mine.

Surely there is a range at least in Nashville which has a rental XD?

+1 on that.

This brings up an interesting point. Triggers feel different when you are dry firing in a store than they do on the range. Not just triggers either.

I've commented on how different the P7M8 feels when actually shooting it.

The first time I pulled the trigger on an XD-9 sub, it had a round in the chamber. Probably in anticipation of the discharge, I really didn't notice anything particularly different about the trigger pull than the G26 I brought with me and was used to. There is a difference, of course.

Point is, you can't really judge the trigger action on a handgun in the store. You really need to get it out on a range and shoot it.

What Marswolf said... Very true.

One could just about say that some of the best triggers are the ones which you can't feel break when actually firing the gun.

That's the way my Sigs have been, in SA, good 1911s, and the way my XDs have been, once broken-in...

On the other hand... I consider Walther P99s to have a decent trigger, but there is a distinct metallic 'ping' felt upon discharge.

Guest jackdog

Asp would be closer, think i'll give them a call.

Mars you are correct that's why I want to do some live fire testing.

Molon,sss thanks for the offer and the help. I'll let you know how it works out

Guest Phantom6

Yeah, what Marswolf said. :lol:

------------------------------

Actually though my first thought was where in the heck is Dover? :stare: If I knew that, I could determine whether or not I could answer your question.

What is really sad is that I could give you driving directions from Trieste, Italy to Opatija, Croatia (still known as Opatija, Yougoslavia the last of many, many times I was there).:lol: Never been to Dover though, that I know of.