Gun help!

Guest GlocKingTN

Guest GlocKingTN

Im thinking about getting a Sig 2022 in 357sig. He is wanting my M&P 9mm full size. Is it a good trade? His comes with night sights, all factory hardware! Mine is in just as good a shape. What you guys think?:)

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrator

My experience has been that anytime someone offers you to trade even, there's something about whatever you have that is more desirable than what they have. Especially if he's willing to give up night sights ($100 value) to move to the M&P.

I like SIGs but their polymer guns are just weird. I'd stick with the M&P if it were my decision.

PS: I just did a search on Gunbroker and there are a half-dozen 2022's in 9mm, brand new, for under $400. The M&P prices are about to go up per Smith & Wesson and it's already difficult to find them for under $500. On Target in Murfreesboro was asking $569 for their M&P .40SW last week and it should be priced the same as the 9mm.

Even more reason to stay with what you have!

Guest GlocKingTN

Im guessing the 357sig model is the same price as well! I just cant make myself like this gun. I shot it today, and it didnt shoot the way I like for some reason. I cant really explain it!

• Administrator
Im guessing the 357sig model is the same price as well! I just cant make myself like this gun. I shot it today, and it didnt shoot the way I like for some reason. I cant really explain it!

You're talking about the M&P? If you can't describe why you didn't like it, it's going to be hard to offer suggestions on things to try that might help you warm up to it.

Sometimes guns just boil down to personal preference. If the M&P isn't your mug o' beer then you might offer to trade it to the other guy for his SIG + cash. Like $100-150 or so. He might seem offended by that, but his gun isn't worth as much as your M&P is on the open market.

Guest GlocKingTN
You're talking about the M&P? If you can't describe why you didn't like it, it's going to be hard to offer suggestions on things to try that might help you warm up to it.

Sometimes guns just boil down to personal preference. If the M&P isn't your mug o' beer then you might offer to trade it to the other guy for his SIG + cash. Like $100-150 or so. He might seem offended by that, but his gun isn't worth as much as your M&P is on the open market.

I tried that already. He is pretty proud of his Sig as well! Although he did offer to buy the CTAC as well, to go with the gun!:)

• Administrator
I tried that already. He is pretty proud of his Sig as well! Although he did offer to buy the CTAC as well, to go with the gun!:)

Wait and see how bad he wants the M&P. He might come around to your terms of trade + cash. Like I said, your gun is worth more than his. I wouldn't trade evenly.

Guest GlocKingTN
Wait and see how bad he wants the M&P. He might come around to your terms of trade + cash. Like I said, your gun is worth more than his. I wouldn't trade evenly.

Not only does he want to trade even, I have to drive 80+ miles to meet him!:)

Guest DeeZee
Is he including Vaseline with this deal? Cosmoline? :)

For real Tung...

BTW Glock, .357 sig will be real expensive to play with on any sort of regular basis. You should have just stuck with the 17 :P. I was calling you that day to offer you a 92fs for that 17, such is life.....I need to hold on to the Beretta anyways! Good luck with the trade bud.

Guest GlocKingTN
For real Tung...

BTW Glock, .357 sig will be real expensive to play with on any sort of regular basis. You should have just stuck with the 17 ;). I was calling you that day to offer you a 92fs for that 17, such is life.....I need to hold on to the Beretta anyways! Good luck with the trade bud.

And yes, your right DZ! Should have kept the 17!:)

I will know better next time, maybe!:P

Guest DeeZee
He offered the Sig+$100 for my M&P+CTAC holster! Whatcha think?:P

The question is, what do you want the firearm for??? If its gonna be for carry, you're gonna want to practice with it. If you're gonna practice with the 357sig round you're gonna wish you had a .45 cause .45 ammo is cheaper.

If its a super fast light projectile you're looking for why don't you just go for 9mm+p or better yet +p+.

You need to take what the rest of the world says with a grain of salt my man and go with what works for you. All I know is that when you were out on the range with me that G22 fit you like a glove.....and you could hit with it.....WELL. I can understand why you might have wanted to switch to the 17 (from an economical point of view)...Same controls and ergos yet cheaper to play with. There will ALWAYS be a new flavor of the week my Friend, and don't get me wrong, its fun to get a little strange every now and then :), but you need to hold on to what WORKS FOR YOU!!!!!

Guest GlocKingTN
The question is, what do you want the firearm for??? If its gonna be for carry, you're gonna want to practice with it. If you're gonna practice with the 357sig round you're gonna wish you had a .45 cause .45 ammo is cheaper.

If its a super fast light projectile you're looking for why don't you just go for 9mm+p or better yet +p+.

You need to take what the rest of the world says with a grain of salt my man and go with what works for you. All I know is that when you were out on the range with me that G22 fit you like a glove.....and you could hit with it.....WELL. I can understand why you might have wanted to switch to the 17 (from an economical point of view)...Same controls and ergos yet cheaper to play with. There will ALWAYS be a new flavor of the week my Friend, and don't get me wrong, its fun to get a little strange every now and then :), but you need to hold on to what WORKS FOR YOU!!!!!

Yes the G22 did. Another of my mistakes! Hey DZ, sign into Yahoo Messenger!

For real-world carry, 9mm +p+ still falls short of even the lightest loadings in .357sig... especially for bullet weights greater than 115gr.

But, for economical practicing, 9mm is about 1/2 the price.

In terms of the guns, the Sig and M&P are actually of similar value, if in comparable condition... if he is willing to throw in $100 to boot, that's a good deal. You need to consider that the Sig is a much different animal than the M&P, there is the DA/SA trigger, decocker, and external hammer to deal with... But, for all intents and purposes, it will be a bit easier to carry. The Sig is slightly smaller.

The Sig, especially in .357, will have more muzzle lift, because the bore sits higher above the grip, but I've never experienced any great loss in shot-to-shot time due to this with my P239. The Sig will likely have slightly better accuracy potential, just because Sigs do. I had an early Sig Pro, an SP2340 in .357... it was a wonderful gun, a tack-driver. But, at the time there was no holster/accessory infrastructure to allow me to carry it, though that is different now.

Other things to consider are:

- how much do magazines cost?

- which one fits your hand better?

- would you regret getting rid of your M&P? (unless it really doesn't fit you, you probably will)

- how much would he want for his Sig, if he sold it out-right to you?

- how much would you take for yours, sold out-right?

As much as I like Sigs, I'd be more likely to trade my M&P-9 for an M&P-357, if the caliber is the issue... otherwise, make sure the Sig is really what you want before you commit.

Guest utarch00

I have a 2022 and M&P, bith in 9mm. I prefer the 2022. There is absolutely nothing wrong with the M&P.

The 2022 comes from the factory with night sights. The 2022 is slightly more expensive then the M&P, so in a heads up trade you are making out in the deal, all things being equal.

My 2 cents.

Guest GlocKingTN

Thanks guys! The Sig is gone anyway! So I didnt get that trade. Now I have a guy wanting to trade me a G22 w/3 mags for the M&P. I may go that route. I do miss my glocks!

Thanks guys! The Sig is gone anyway! So I didn't get that trade. Now I have a guy wanting to trade me a G22 w/3 mags for the M&P. I may go that route. I do miss my glocks!

You definitely need to ask for some money to-boot on that deal... Big difference in street value. (not bashing Glocks, just making a valid observation... I'd say the same thing if it was a used XD)

Here is something my wife keeps trying to impress upon me. Unless you are getting a gun of equal value to what you paid for yours, don't trade, just go buy a new one (when the budget allows.)

That is why I didn't end up trading off the Springfield because I wasn't getting = value for it.

That being said, getting a new gun is always fun and waiting to get one sucks!!!