Reloads at the Nashville Armory

Guest Brian Manookian

I can't believe after two threads on the matter that their policy is still in question

I guess people think they are going to "bitch and complain" them into submission or until they shut them down.

If people don't like the policy then don't go there but don't come on here and try to ruin them before they even open and that is idiotic.

This is one of the rare times when I am really, really upset. The next person who tries to subvert Nashville Armory on here, especially before they open, will be gone.

Dolomite

Guest NashvilleArmory

A little off topic, but hey. What are your Grand Opening plans?

Looking forward to having a new shop and range in the Nashville area.

Thanks, and we're excited about being here for the Nashville area. Our Grand Opening festivities will start this coming Friday, the 28th, and continue on Saturday, the 29th. There will be some live radio broadcasts, a ribbon cutting, and few other special things going on. We'll open at 9am both days and close at 9pm. We're expecting a big crowd, and we'd love for anyone and everyone here to come out and be a part of this with us.

I guess people think they are going to "bitch and complain" them into submission or until they shut them down.

If people don't like the policy then don't go there but don't come on here and try to ruin them before they even open and that is idiotic.

This is one of the rare times when I am really, really upset. The next person who tries to subvert Nashville Armory on here, especially before they open, will be gone.

Dolomite

I wasn't "bitching and complaining" about the range; I was pointing out the irrationality of the insurance company. Reloads would not increase the risk to range equipment, but the range owner is held hostage by a stupid policy. I understand that. If people who question a dumb insurance policy get threatened with being "gone" then maybe the moderator needs to flush out his headgear.

• Administrator

I wasn't "bitching and complaining" about the range; I was pointing out the irrationality of the insurance company. Reloads would not increase the risk to range equipment, but the range owner is held hostage by a stupid policy. I understand that. If people who question a dumb insurance policy get threatened with being "gone" then maybe the moderator needs to flush out his headgear.

I've had it with this nonsense. Deerslayer's account is now suspended for the next 30 days. Anyone else who wants to jump on his bandwagon is welcome to join him. If we need to start making these vacations permanent for folks to get the idea that we're not putting up with it, we can do that too.

• 2 weeks later...

i need to crawl out from under my rock and go take a look. any business supporting the sport/industry deserves a standing ovation.

i guess it is ok to shoot +p+ out of a kel-tec, WWB wal-mart bulk even though i would trust buffalo bore over it any day ;-) no one ever claimed lawyers and actuaries had common sense.

on a lighter note Nashvile Armory offers free soda and water :) that's unprecedented IMHO, I'm a reloader and a member there and been using monarch 9mm 115gr brass from acedamy which my SR9c, Kahr K9 and PM9 somewhat likes they prefer 124gr +p NATO but it's a bit expensive. I've been picking my own brass which so far they have not forbiden,

I will have to shoot my 124 gr power Pistol reloads at Charles Haffner open range which I think is good supporting both ranges they each have their own niche and gives me a very good excuse to renew my memebership at Charle's next year plus at Charle's I've meet and bonded with fellow reloaders, shooters alike. "Reloaders" are more relaxed and easy going, wise, experienced shooters I guess. I've been to Nashville Armory range at least 6 times since it's opening and so far have talked to only one fellow shooter, most are young and 1st time shooters w/c to be honest scares me a bit, know, i know i was a 1st time shooter too at one point but still, I did observed that the staff are polite and very efficient at what they do, that's why I'd be ordering my first sig sauer 1911 ttt from Nashville Armory for Christmas...

Edited by cgpeanut

I feel like I'm new to the forum all over again, having been away a few years. I'm stoked to see all the new shops and vendors we have, and super excited for a new range in Nashville that's pretty close to my current place of employment! In the next few weeks I plan on purchasing a membership to an indoor range. I was a member at On Target back in 2006-2008, but am not necessarily set on re-upping there.

A few days ago I first saw The Armory's site and was really excited about it! Everything online seems to point to a great facility and store, and I'm sure that's true. Today, however, I saw this thread. I am a reloader. First, it was out of just wanting to jump further into the hobby, but it's also a point of economics for me. When I go shooting, I go through a LOT of ammo, and mostly magnums. That $35 box of .44 mags I make for around $11... less if I go plain lead.

I am honestly quite disheartened that my ammo cannot be used at The Armory. I sold insurance in a former life, and I know how ridiculous the restrictions these companies put on their policyholders can be. I COMPLETELY understand their situation and have utmost respect for the owners, especially the incredible genuiness and outstanding commitment to customer satisfaction they are already showing through their offer. That is so far above and beyond the gold standard of customer service it's basically insane!

I plan to visit and try out the range next week some time. Part of me is hoping I will love the place so much that I will do whatever I have to do to join and buy factory ammo, I just hope my wallet (and wife) don't put the kibosh on the whole thing.

Pretty much OT... in my guesstimation I've loaded about 15,000 rounds so far. The only ammo related problem I've ever had was a remanufactured .223 from UltraMax, purchased at Dick's sporting goods in Rivergate that literally blew my AR apart. They claimed responsibilty and replaced the gun. Thankfully no one was hurt.

• 6 months later...
When i was there, they did not have any 9mm ammo i needed to shot the m&p core I just purchased from them.

At the current political climate you are force to reload or give up this hobby altogether. I'm at a point now were I'm shooting 300 rounds per week, add the cost of membership and factory ammo its not cost effective for me, I'm
shooting 44 mags, 45 acp and 9mm plus, every time I go there I end up purchasing another gun, three so far this year.

Good news is Charlie Haffner Range and Stones River Range are reloader friendly so there's hope and gun shops are popping at every corner here in Nashville. Nice to know we reloaders got options and choices.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2