Censor Test

Guest flesheatingvirus

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

Yes.

http://www.tngunowners.com/forums/faq.php?faq=general#faq_general_conduct

Hang around me long enough and you'll quickly realize that language doesn't offend me but there are reasons for this rule.

1. Responsible gun ownership is not an "adult" topic. It should start early with your kids. If someone's 8 year old daughter wanted to sign on here and learn more about our American heritage of firearms ownership and the rights and responsibilities that go along with it, far be it from me to have her be exposed to a bunch of profanity in the process.

2. Many of us are fortunate enough to be able to browse the forums from our workplaces. Many workplaces have Internet filters in place that "learn" what web sites we are visiting and may adjust to clamp down on and restrict us from visiting sites with a large volume of profanity. Such sites could be deemed to be inappropriate just because of language. By censoring certain words here, we help avoid that problem.

3. The Oxford English Dictionary lists about 500,000 words in the English language. Some say that the average educated person knows about 20,000 words and uses about 2,000 words in a week. If out of that vast assortment of tools at your disposal you cannot adequately express yourself without depending heavily on a dozen or so "profane" words... :D

Hope that helps. :eek:

• 2 weeks later...

Flesheatingvirus,

Probably not a lot here will know right off where your sig line comes from but I have always known the Litany against Fear. Its cool, I grew up reading Herbert and have every book he ever wrote including an early hardback of the original Dune !

Glad to see another fan in the room.

Hope no one has to see you Gom Jabbar anytime soon!

Archived