Recommend AR sling

Title says it...Im looking for a sling setup for my carbine. I want something that holds it fairly tight to my body. Maybe a 3 point? Is anything available that I can rotate it around to my back while riding my wheeler and then semi-easily shoulder it in the event I come across a varmint?

Thanks for the input

I have used single point and dual point slings. I prefer a two point sling because when you transition your gun will be tight to your body. With a single point sling it will continue to swing around as you move. I attach the rear sling point to the end plate and the front of the sling as far out on the rail as I can.

I would also avoid bungee slings as they tend to increase the bouncing and movement of a single point.

Something else I consider a must is a quick detach system. I can't count how many times I have been caught up on something. Fortunately it was never during a life and death moment. Had it been having a quick detach would have let me get free more quickly.

Joe Bob has plenty of slings:

http://www.joeboboutfitters.com/Slings_s/256.htm

He also is a sponsor here and offers a discount.

Dolomite

Magpul MS3 would get my vote.

Plus 10. It's solid, and it's convertible from single-point to double point. It's got the quick-release function that Dolomite calls for. Get the MagPul buffer-tube mounted bracket that goes with it, and the little MagPul rail-mounted ring for up front. And then you're done.

Edited by QuietDan
  • Like 1

I have used single point and dual point slings. I prefer a two point sling because when you transition your gun will be tight to your body. With a single point sling it will continue to swing around as you move. I attach the rear sling point to the end plate and the front of the sling as far out on the rail as I can.

I would also avoid bungee slings as they tend to increase the bouncing and movement of a single point.

Something else I consider a must is a quick detach system. I can't count how many times I have been caught up on something. Fortunately it was never during a life and death moment. Had it been having a quick detach would have let me get free more quickly.

Joe Bob has plenty of slings:

http://www.joebobout...lings_s/256.htm

He also is a sponsor here and offers a discount.

Dolomite

Plus 10. It's solid, and it's convertible from single-point to double point. It's got the quick-release function that Dolomite calls for. Get the MagPul buffer-tube mounted bracket that goes with it, and the little MagPul rail-mounted ring for up front. And then you're done.

Awesome, thanks all. I'll take a look at all the suggestions. I will likely order from JoeBob...ordered several things from them and was pleased with the service and super fast (usually same day) shipping.

I am not fond of the single point aka nut slapper.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I'm a two point guy as well. All my experience comes from hunting. The gun seems to always be in a good controllable position. I have a Gear Sector sling and can't say anything bad about it.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest nowheretobefound

After having about a dozen different ones given to me to try what I still like the very best in to use a portion of a bicycle inner tube. Of course my choice was based on actual use, not caring a bit about how it looked or if it was "cool"!

After having about a dozen different ones given to me to try what I still like the very best in to use a portion of a bicycle inner tube. Of course my choice was based on actual use, not caring a bit about how it looked or if it was "cool"!

Cool!

. . . uh, do you carry a knife by gripping it between your teeth? . . . (just checkin'!)

Care to elaborate on this? How much tube, how do you secure it to the weapon, why do you prefer this over production slings?

Guest nowheretobefound

Sure Lumber_Jack, The length will depend on your physical size, what gear you have to use it over and how tight you like it to your body and the tension as you shoulder your rifle. I've always slit the tubes I use in half, attach as a two point sling, use a hole punch on each end then a slit to weave the tube in on its self (similar to a leather braid). No hardware to break or that makes noise (at least it' one thing less to make noise if you are in full uniform and kit) easy to find around the globe and and adjustment free if you go from front of body to around back and over a pack of any sort. I know some guys that attach to a single point ring and back to the butt stock but I feel that is good for front of body and side hang only.

My blunder...I thought this was an ADULT forum.

Hard to tell here for a response: Are you operating under your Truth flag, your Sarcasm flag, your Air Force vs Army flag, or your "I'm sensitive don't josh with me" flag? We're not standing toe-to-toe here looking into each other's eyes for non-verbal feedback, so other online hints are often used.

Your icon, your screen name and your narrative suggest you are active USA or have been recently, but you have yet to set your "military' flag in your profile. So, you probably ARE a no-foolin' professional, and probably NOT a mall ninja.

Please advise.

I especially appreciate your follow-on post comments with attachment point, adjustment criteria and worldwide availability & utility insight.

/Truth off

Edited by QuietDan

I like the inner tube idea I'd more than likely slip the sling through the tube and rivot it to the strap at the ends to keep it from sliding up but leave the adjustment buckle un covered. :)