J Floyds Golf and Gun

Guest m&pc9

Guest m&pc9

I noticed today J Floyds Golf and Gun in Sevierville has a sign on the front door that said "loaded guns are not allowed in the store" so if someone could post this in the prohibited section, as I dont have enough post to.

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest jp79

they had that same sign posted at their store in knoxville for a while. I asked the owner if it applied to concealed carry and he said YES. His reason for putting the sign up was a police officer came in a pointed a loaded gun at him with his finger on the trigger while he was clearing it. I said to him that i would take my business elsewhere. His response was he wasnt going to search me.

I know that is a problem for gun stores. Most of the stores i visit have no signs or signs stating carry weapons must remain holstered at all time.

Guest jfountain2
I know that is a problem for gun stores. Most of the stores i visit have no signs or signs stating carry weapons must remain holstered at all time.

Maybe he would take the "loaded guns not allowed in store" sign down if you were to suggest a sign that said "please keep your weapon in it's holster".

Guest Liberty Seeker

It doesn't sound like it's legally posted, and he stated he wasn't going to search for them, so it sounds like don't ask, don't tell to me. I would be more concerned about people carrying a weapon in "empty", than a HCP holder with a holstered weapon, but maybe that's just me.

If property owners have the right to regulate how you carry is a sign like that "leaglly posted"? Does it carry the same weight as a leaglly posted no carry sign?

Guest tokarev

There's a gun shop near me that I've frequented for more that 20 years, that has a hand written sign that says "no loaded guns allowed".

I asked about it one day. I was told that they didn't worry about conceled permit holders, it was for the dummies that bring in guns to be repaired with a round chambered. They put up the sign after a customer pulled a pistol out his gun rug and pulled the trigger without checking the chamber first. The round missed the employee in front of him and struck the wall behind. There was another employee in the room behind that wall but the bullet had struck a support member and didn't pentetrate all of the way through.

Guest 70below

I was told by one of the employees (granted not the owner) that the reason they posted that was because of individuals coming in with gunsmithing questions and other issues and it didn't apply to handgun permit holders. On numerous occasions my buddy and I shopped in the store after a trip to the range and he was carrying open and no one so much as said a word to him. The only time anyone said something to him was in reference to the situation at the walmart in which an individual carried open into the store and got hassled by a police officer. He said to my friend "I know you can carry that way, but why do you, you're just opening yourself up for trouble", my friend simply told him the only reason he was carrying open was due to the fact we just came directly from the range to the gun store, but that he normally would carry concealed.

Must be a recent addition, I was also in last Monday and it wasn't posted. I would much rather visit Sevier Indoor Range, just a few miles down the road, concealed weapons are welcomed as olng as they stay concealed. Plus you don,t have to deal with all those dangerous people swinging golf clubs at your head! I can guarantee J. Floyds needs me more as a customer than I need them as a vendor!

i've seen the posted sign, i always figured that it pertained to people bringing guns in for work or to trade/sell (which i've never found to be a good idea at that place). i never really thought about it on the concealed carry side, why would i carry an unloaded gun?

I see those signs all the time, pawn shops are good for them, they are NOT "legal" signs so I keep on about my business. I can tell you that for the most part these signs are for the idiots that come in there waving a gun around to pawn or to get worked on. I ignore them unless I'm told otherwise (as in my cover comes up and I am "made") then I'll thank them and leave.

Guest BG38357

We will probably see more signs go up as people move here from elsewhere.

Anyone see if the Smoky Mt. Flea Market is etill posted up on Dumplin' Creek (I-40 exit 407)?

A shame.

I went by the J Floyds on Merchants in Knoxville a few days ago and it was closed... I mean emptied out... hmmmmmm. Did they relocate or did the close for good?

i'm not 100% positive but i think that one closed for good... (used to be Outdoor Sports?, then changed to J Floyds shortly?)