Finally Got a Beretta Inox!

As a few of you know I'm addicted to Berettas & have been on the lookout for an Inox (stainless) model Beretta 92FS in my price range for years without any luck. I spotted this one a few days ago and had to grab it! She's a beauty & in new condition with all stainless controls & included the factory hard case, two 15 round mags, and a set of walnut grips with Beretta emblems. I took the walnut grips off and replaced them with a set of aluminum grips, but may put them on another pistol.

002-36.jpg

003-33.jpg

006-24.jpg

009-13.jpg

008-22.jpg

004-37.jpg

• Like 5
Guest Lester Weevils

That one looks in great condition. Congrats!

There are many handsome pistols and everyone has their own tastes, but IMO an inox 92 is just about the best-looking pistol ever. The black ones are exactly the same shape of course but for whatever reason the beautiful industrial design of the gun is easy to overlook in black, but just hits ya over the head with its elegance in inox.

Gorgeous. Have wanted one for a good while, too. CDNN has shown them in their catalog for $600 for last several months, but never have them in. They claim they do get some time to time . They don't do a notify though, so you just have to call a lot I guess.

- OS

That is a killer deal OhShoot, sucks that they do not notify though

They generally have the regular blued Italian made 92FS, 2 mags, for $520 + $20 ship. You could get started with that. ;)

I won't be calling them for a while. I bought a couple of AR lowers to stash. Just to stash, not build. Yeah, right.

- OS

Edited by OhShoot
  • 5 months later...

Those grips are sexy.  Where can I get a set?

Thanks. They're alumagips made by Hogue & have the Beretta "Trident" logo etched into them. Here's the ad on Beretta USA... https://www.berettausa.com/products/beretta-92-series-aluminum-chechered-grips-w/-trident-logo/

You may also keep an eye on ebay. Sometimes they appear on there a lot less expensive. You can also join the Beretta forum (which is free) & get 10% off any order for life from Beretta USA's website. It's saved me a bundle on parts & accessories.

Ironic the timing of this topic revival. I have a blued 92FS but have rather wanted a stainless one for a good long while too. Never found one used for anything less than new price, and of course even the new ones are pretty tough to get. Have barely missed getting one from online places, always just sold out by the time I saw them. But happened to get email from CDNN and grabbed one, just picked it up from Bill's Outpost this evening.

Beretta92FS-Stainless.jpg

LuvMyBeretta's is nicer though, as the newer ones don't have all the various parts as stainless anymore (guide rod, takedown, slide release, safety, mag catch, hammer). I can get a stainless guide rod, but looks like that's all Beretta offers parts-wise in stainless.

LMB, is yours Italian? My blued one is, but the only option on stainless now is the USA made one. Love the feel of the rubberized grips (Hogue?), but may put the walnut ones on it from my other one.

Beretta92FS-Blued.jpg

I like her anyway. Something about this model really turns me on, and you know I must love that since I shoot the blued one significantly low to boot. We'll see if the same with this new one.

- OS

Edited by Oh Shoot
Guest Lester Weevils

OS, I have two Inox 92FS. One of them was built circa Y2K, made in USA, all stainless/silvery, no black parts. And (was it 2010??) when Beretta was celebrating some kind of multi-hundred-year centennial of the company, bought at Sportsmans Warehouse a made in Italy that looks exactly the same, all stainless/silvery, no black parts.

The main differences between the Y2K Made in USA and the 2010 or 2011 Made in Italy, was that the newer one had a plastic guide rod, and the newer one was naturally "more accurate" tighter out of the box. The old one took some shooting before it got broke in, but the new one was as accurate as the old one right out of the box. It really did seem to be a "break in" issue with the old one, because I earlier had a worn-out blue police trade-in 92FS that was lots more accurate than the inox I got in Y2K, though the Y2K inox got just as accurate after a few hundred rounds.

I put a wolf stainless guide rod in the new one, just because, though didn't have any complaints about the plastic guide rod.

The new one also seemed to have a stiffer recoil spring from the factory, because the old one always would reliably cycle my weak practice reloads from day one, but I had to increase the velocity of my reloads to reliably cycle the new one. The new one would stovepipe on the "old weak reloads" that ran fine on the old one "out of the box".

Just sayin, there were some all-silver ones made at least a couple of years ago, in quantity. Whether one would find one of that era used or new would be another issue.

OTOH, the black safety, hammer and trigger makes a nice cosmetic contrast as well.

Edited by Lester Weevils

LuvMyBeretta's is nicer though, as the newer ones don't have all the various parts as stainless anymore (guide rod, takedown, slide release, safety, mag catch, hammer). I can get a stainless guide rod, but looks like that's all Beretta offers parts-wise in stainless.

It looks like CDNN has stainless parts available.  http://www.cdnninvestments.com/be92magrebuw.html

Edited by mav
  • Like 1