micro rig

I'd like to find a basic chest rig that doesn't break the bank.

Last time I checked that SOE rig was ridiculously expensive for what it is.

The micro's $100. I don't have one but that's not unreasonable to me. Maybe you're thinking one of the full sized rigs? I think if you don't carry a gun for a living you're probably looking at 75-100 for a good basic setup, and that'll cover most everything you need.

that's why i got the micro...basic for what i want and can add a hydro carrier in a couple months...don't think range usa will have another class till next year...but i have a friend with land that might let me setup a course that will allow me to practice some run and gun...

The micro's $100. I don't have one but that's not unreasonable to me. Maybe you're thinking one of the full sized rigs? I think if you don't carry a gun for a living you're probably looking at 75-100 for a good basic setup, and that'll cover most everything you need.

Good catch. Last time Mike posted the other rig I looked it up and it was almost $200.

The micro is definitely more affordable.

Guest ThePunisher

I'd like to find a basic chest rig that doesn't break the bank.

Last time I checked that SOE rig was ridiculously expensive for what it is.

Blackhawk has a chest rig that has 4 .556 pouches that hold 2 mags. apiece, and 2 pistol mag. pouches. Two straps around neck and shoulders and one strap around waist. Well made light weight chest rig. I think I paid about $60.00 for it. I bought two of them at Guns and Leather in Hendersonville, but haven't seen them carrying anymore. Visit the Blackhawk website and look for chest pouches. TacticalGear.com has them for $53.99

Edited by ThePunisher
I think I paid about $60.00 for it.

And for 40 more dollars you can get one that is not only made in America, but made right here in TN, that won't break on you when you use it!

I've seen several Blackhawk! rigs come apart at the seams and have buckles rip off. Never seen SOE gear do that. Ever. Even if you do manage to tear it up, John will send you a new one.

Mike

Edited by Mike
  • Like 1
Guest dont_tread_on_me

Have you been to a class before? As I read your post it seems like a 'no'. If you CCW I'd suggest just adding a single AR magazine in a RCS/Ready Tactical/Kaluban Cloak (good kydex but they are total asses) behind your reloads and stick another in your back pocket if you need it. You'll already be used to indexing that area for your reloads, and you don't want to be fighting the gear your first time on the line. Any evolution in an intro class probably won't require any more FLC than that.

Edited by dont_tread_on_me
  • 2 weeks later...