Night Match at Green River Gun Club, October 27 in Bowling Green KY.

4th Annual Night Shoot - Saturday October 27th at Green River Gun Club in Bowling Green KY.

Its like nothing you've probably done before.

For the 4th time, Ezletta - a Kentucky based Tactical Flashlight Manufacturer, is donating the main prize.

5 Stages

Hand held flashlight or weapon mounted light if holster accomadates it

Registration at 5:00 PM

Mandatory shooters meeting at 6:00 PM

Match starts at approximately 7:00 PM

You can use weapon mounted lights, if its in a duty holster capable of containing them. You will be placed in a separate class with other weapon-mounted light users. This allowance excludes us from being an "Official IDPA" match, but otherwise, we're using IDPA scoring, targets, stages, safety rules , . . . Just so you know what type of equipment to bring, and what sort of match/rules to expect.

If you have questions contact the Match Director Dennis Saylor @ 270-781-5517.

dennis.saylor@insightbb.com

Click on the special Night Shoot page for more details.

http://www.bggrgc.com/html/NightMatch_Special_Events.html

• 3 weeks later...

No chance of a rifle side match. The old guys will miss their bed time!

I haven't got a round count from Denny, Mark.

5 Stages, 20 rounds /stage= 100 is as good a guess I can come up with for the MINIMIMUN round count. Now add how many times you are going to miss. 101 should be about right.

..... 100 is as good a guess I can come up with for the MINIMIMUN round count. Now add how many times you are going to miss. 101 should be about right.

I'll play it safe and bring 103 rounds. :x:

Going to shoot my SIG 1911 TACOPS with a Surefire X300 this time. I did use this match as justification to buy a railed 1911. :dirty:

Guest wickedwanda

I'll play it safe and bring 103 rounds. :x:

Going to shoot my SIG 1911 TACOPS with a Surefire X300 this time. I did use this match as justification to buy a railed 1911. :dirty:

Do like I do, if it calss for 100 take 200. I had rather have it and not need it then need it and not have it. :D

.... if it calls for 100 take 200....

Reckon I didn't make myself clear.

I'll have 12 loaded mags plus my Barney Mag for a total of 103 rounds ready Per Stage. :rofl:

I once was in a situation where there wasn't such a thing as having Too Much Ammo (or too many mags). :ugh:

I swore that night that I would never, ever run low on ammo again!

Edited by DMark
Guest wickedwanda

Reckon I didn't make myself clear.

I'll have 12 loaded mags plus my Barney Mag for a total of 103 rounds ready Per Stage.

I once was in a situation where there wasn't such a thing as having Too Much Ammo (or too many mags). I swore that night that I would never, ever run low on ammo again!

Well excuse me. I was just having a little fun. Sorry I stepped on your toes.

Don't forget, if you shoot with a weapon mounted light, you must have a holster that accomadates it.

You can't just stick that 1911 in your pants, Mark!

Ammo is like money, no such thing as too much!

Can't wait to see Robert and Wanda back on the range.

Well excuse me. I was just having a little fun. Sorry I stepped on your toes.

Oops! No please excuse me....., I knew I should have used that winking face. ;)

..... Don't forget, if you shoot with a weapon mounted light, you must have a holster that accomadates it. You can't just stick that 1911 in your pants, Mark!

DANG! And I just spent the entire morning getting my sting the right length for using a Mexican Carry. :panic:

2wgybur.jpg

I think Mark is in LOOOOOVE with his Sig!!!

It ran like a top.

He just could not get enough bullets in it for all of those ten-round stages!

I kept telling him to put two rounds in the chamber, but he would not do it.

Edited by broox
I think Mark is in LOOOOOVE with his Sig!!! It ran like a top.

I love my Colts...., but I have to admit that this SIG TACOPS might be the most accurate 1911 that I have ever run. Shot for shot, it rivals my beloved and repected Series 70 Gold Cup National Match. Below is a link to some pictures of the SIG that I had posted earlier.

http://www.tngunowne...682-sig-tacops/

Saturday night was a Great Match, Done Right!

I've been doing some recent instruction with low light/night firing, but its has been a while since I was "under the clock" at night. Funny how you always learn (re-learn) a couple of things when that "beep" happens. :eek:

- For the first few shots you will tend to shoot a little bit high at night since your eyes will be drawn over the top of the sights onto the target that you have lit up.

- Choice of ammo (flash & smoke) can be a factor that draws you attention away from the front sight.

- Just because you hit the mag release during a slide-lock reload, you won't be able to see if the empty mag dropped at night. That mag will stick at the wrost moment (it was a cold night) and you'll try to load a fresh mag in and all you'll get done is push the empty mag back in. Now its rip the empty out while holding onto the fresh mag..., good thing we practice Tac Reloads.

- You'll miss the slide release because during your re-load you were being all TAC-COOL by turning off your weapon light and now (because of the stuck empty mag) you are in a rush and try to turn on the light, release the slide and rotate back onto the target all at the same time. But hey, you looked cool and only the SO will ever know that you couldn't see what you were doing.

- Hand Held Light Suck....., Weapon Lights Rock!

AND.....,

You miss those NVDs that your Uncle use to issue you.

:stir: - - - WARNING! WARNING! - - - The following may contain a "Gamer" comment. - - - WARNING! WARNING! - - - :stir:

Too bad all of the scores are just lumped together and not broken out by firearm divisions.

Us CDP shooters had to do reloads for every stage while the SSP and ESP folks did not.

• Like 1

:stir: - - - WARNING! WARNING! - - - The following may contain a "Gamer" comment. - - - WARNING! WARNING! - - - :stir:

Too bad all of the scores are just lumped together and not broken out by firearm divisions.

Us CDP shooters had to do reloads for every stage while the SSP and ESP folks did not.

I will play!

1. You should have brought ten round mags.

2. Why did hand held beat weapon mounted?

I'm pretty sure we are just bullcrapping each other, but seriously could you run a 10 round and just be considered ESP? Since there were no divisions.

My tape measure does not have millimeters, so I do not know how long 140 mm is.

Edited by broox

Other than the use of weapon lights being allowed, the Match Director said that all other IDPA rules would be in affect. A 10 round mag in a 1911 won't fit in the IDPA "box" as far size goes.

Yea..., You're right..., We're just talking smack! ;)