state employee towards a civilian/customers?

Guest shellbell

Guest shellbell

Did any of you get attitude from state employees when you went down to the Tennessee driver's license station?

They gave me grief over wearing my reading glasses while standing in line to take my picture which I had to re-take because my year old CDL picture wasn't allowed.

Just seems like unnecessary hoops.

Edited by shellbell

Did any of you get attitude from state employees when you went down to the Tennessee driver's license station?

They gave me grief over wearing my reading glasses while standing in line to take my picture which I had to re-take because my year old CDL picture wasn't allowed.

Just seems like unnecessary hoops.

When I got my photo taken for my HCP, I had to remove my glasses. But the clerk didn't give me any flack about it... just politely asked me to take them off. I think it's to avoid glare from the flash??
Guest uofmeet

Even if I was having a bad day, If I gave crap to one of our clients, I will still get in trouble about it. Not my problem you are having a bay day. Don't be an ass to me because someone has their panties in a twist.

When you stop to consider how many friggin inbred, white trash, ghetto scum, non English speaking retards they have to deal with in a days time, you realize you'd probably be an Ahole too. No way I could do that job, I'd kill me three or four before the cops showed up. People are stupid and putting up with it will drive you barking mad. It's not a reason to treat others like crap, but at least consider that before you label someone a jerk.

Me, I'm both. I was a jerk before and now that I have to deal with the public, I'm a super jerk.

• Like 3

I'm sorry, but the in three years I spent working at Walt Disney World, one of the things that they did not tolerate was being rude to guests. You didn't have to take any abuse, but you certainly were not allowed to be rude or give the impression that you had an attitude. If you did you were gone. Didn't matter what you had going on in your personal life. And, yes, I had to interact with more stupid people on a daily basis than you can imagine, answering the same stupid question about 200 times a day if not more. It didn't matter.

That's what I expect from whomever I am dealing with as a customer. My personal problems don't give me immunity from being polite.

Edited by DaddyO
  • Like 1

You can thank the great welfare to work program for the 'tudes.

When I got my photo taken for my HCP, I had to remove my glasses. But the clerk didn't give me any flack about it... just politely asked me to take them off. I think it's to avoid glare from the flash??

Only glasses needed for driving can be worn for pictures.

Nope. When I originally got my HCP the folks at the West Knoxville office were professional and efficient (that office no longer does anything for HCPs - the only Knoxville DL station that deals with HCPs, now, is the one at the Strawberry Plains exit.) When I went to renew mine earlier this year, I used the Rockwood office. The folks there were downright pleasant and friendly. The lady at the counter even folded my receipt in a certain way so that it had a nice, neat little pocket then placed my old HCP into the pocket so I could easily keep the two together until my new card arrived.

Edited by JAB

In my experience I believe it's a U.S. wide attitude at DL facilities. It's ingrained they know you need them and you're an inconvenience and distraction from their paycheck as a state employee.

The only exception to the above I have found is... Small town drivers license facilities tend to be much more friendly and courteous to those they serve.

In my experience, it be the population, whether going to the smog inspection station, court house, etc. in the city, The moe people you crowd into a limited space, the moe arrogant and disrespectful day become.

Over time, when you put up with attitude all day, even when you start out as a very nice person, you become conditioned to arrive at work with an unmovable chip on your shoulder.

Ever wonder why ten times out of ten, when you have attitude placing your order at a fast food drive through, you get home and your order is all screwed up, and not for the better? Best check for a dead roach on that burger too!

Even with no attitude, 7 out of 10 orders at a fast food drive through are going to be incorrect and not in your favor anyway, so why press your luck?

Just the musings of an old fart, your mileage may very...

I think the "no glasses" rule has been in effect for a while now. Think it has to do with facial recognition software. Not just reading glasses.

Have had good luck at two of my local DMV's. Super nice and very helpful with the permit process and renewal when that came around. Lincoln Co. and Tullahoma DMV's.

I have to wonder if the attitude wasn't on the part of the OP. Maybe those "hoops" are there for a reason? Asking you to remove the glasses due to a rule isn't attitude. Perhaps they were just trying to speed up the process for the people behind you. Did you question why you had to do it? Argue about it? I would much prefer you have that conversation while in line than when it's your turn to have your picture taken if you are in front of me.

As Dennis said, giving attitude vastly increases your chances of getting attitude. If you walk in there with a sour expression, they are going to assume you are Caster and treat you as such! ;)

It has nothing to do with the glare... It's because the facial recognition software the state uses can't handle glasses very well... It's to better allow them to do matching from other sources such as security cameras and sources such as the internet.

It has nothing to do with the glare... It's because the facial recognition software the state uses can't handle glasses very well... It's to better allow them to do matching from other sources such as security cameras and sources such as the internet.

Proof?

I was told to put my glasses on for my pic because they were needed for me to pass the tests.

The couple times I've been pulled over I was asked where my glasses were (I don't wear them a lot) after the cops looked at my license.

Edited by strickj
Guest shellbell

Among the line, there were three of us from class waiting out front for the door to be opened. A the front door opened a lady asked, what were we there for? We told her, to get our handgun carry permit. The first thing she said was "You can't just show up and get a permit, you have to go to a class first."

Then a guy told us acting like he was a cop on the side of the road, he wanted our IDs and Birth Certificates.

Next, another guy barked at me I couldn't wear glasses for my picture while I was standing in line trying to read all the paperwork for my photograph.

Then they told me not to smile for the picture.

It is this attitude that boils over into all of society as well as public employees. It is like how more and more cops bark at us now days instead of having any sort of civility.

We didn't forecast any kind of bad attitude going to get our permit.

If I acted to the public the way they do at my job, I would be fired.

Guest HillyKarma

When you stop to consider how many friggin inbred, white trash, ghetto scum, non English speaking retards they have to deal with in a days time, you realize you'd probably be an Ahole too. No way I could do that job, I'd kill me three or four before the cops showed up. People are stupid and putting up with it will drive you barking mad. It's not a reason to treat others like crap, but at least consider that before you label someone a jerk.

Me, I'm both. I was a jerk before and now that I have to deal with the public, I'm a super jerk.

A-####in'-men brother. I'm so glad I only have to deal with retards at school, then come home and hop on my favorite forum lol.

Guest ThePunisher

You can thank the great welfare to work program for the 'tudes.

Only glasses needed for driving can be worn for pictures.

I had to get a new picture in May for HCP, and I was wearing my glasses, and picture was made with them on. Probably just who you have to deal with or who is having an attitude that day.

Proof?

I was told to put my glasses on for my pic because they were needed for me to pass the tests.

The couple times I've been pulled over I was asked where my glasses were (I don't wear them a lot) after the cops looked at my license.

http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/news/nation/2009-05-25-licenses_N.htm?poe=HFMostPopular

It's probably has to do with you needing glasses to drive. But we're one of the 31 states noted in the article doing computerize matching.