Zombie Night at RangeUSA - Oct 26/27

I saw a Groupon email about a two Zombie nights at RangeUSA. I dug out my last RangeUSA newsletter. Here is the description:

Zombie Night 4, October 26 & 27, 6:00pm-9:00pm - this is our annual zombie night event. Memphis, and specifically, Range USA, is the last stand in America that hasn't been infected by the zombie virus. You and your friends are the only thing standing between the advancing horde and what's left of civilization. We've changed things up a bit to ensure the best Zombie Night Event yet! Come out, pick up a weapon and shoot some zombies! Tickets on sale now ($15.00).

Exactly what is this? Do zombie targets slowly advance toward you in your target lane? Does a certain number of well aimed hits stop the "zombies?"

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would also like more info on what to expect. I frequent the range but have never attended this event.

I spoke to them on the phone about it. If you buy tickets in advance it is $15 per person ammo included. You can shoot their guns or your own. From the video it looks like you go down the line shooting different weapons but they said they have changed it up.

In addition to that you can pay another $25 per person for a VIP ticket which will let you shoot some fully auto weapons at special targets. I will definitely be opting in for this.

The way it worked last year is you have 3 stations: pistol (~5 rounds), ar15 (5 rounds), and shotgun (2 rounds) and you walk to each one and shoot zombies that project onto paper targets in front of you. The whole walkthrough is maybe 1-2 minutes tops and you are only shooting about 12 rounds total. Maybe more if you bring your own weapons, but when I went, everyone just used what was there.

Even though there isn't much actual shooting, its pretty fun to go with friends. I went with people that had never shot before and they had a blast (pun intended). They actually wanted to go in for a real range session a few weeks later. So if anything, its a great way to get non-shooters to start shooting.

Hopefully this year will have something new/different to mix things up.

Guest rebeldrummer

man they need something like this over here in E.Tenn.

I might have to contact some of the local ranges and plant the idea ( INCEPTION!!!)

• 3 weeks later...