Flatwoods Forge Bowie passaround

To make myself a better knifemaker, I need some people who can test my knives, and tell me where they need improvement, along with what is being done right. The best way to do that seems to be a pass around. So after the camp meet on Oct.19th, 20th, and 21st, I'd like to do a pass around with some fellow TGOer's. Rules are taken from Major Kong, and are as follows:

1) Post here that you want in.

2) Have at least 150 posts at TGO.

3) Use the knife. Chop wood. Baton wood. Make fire sticks. Use it to cut your steak. Have fun.

4) After you have used the knife- package it and mail it to the next person on the list. Keep the knife for no more than one week. Current user and next user info will be maintained here.

5) Post a review of your experience with the knife. Pictures are expected and appreciated.

I only ask that you don't use the knife as a pry bar, or throw it. Other than that, have fun, and give it a good test. Here are the pictures as it sits right now.

2012-10-11_12-31-31_410.jpg

2012-10-11_12-31-54_733.jpg

I'll get in on this! Much to my wife's dismay I now have the knife bug. I can only have one bug at a time though according to her so my excuse is that they are cheaper than guns (some of them.)

I think your wifes in for a suprise, if your like me. Cheaper just means you get to buy more of them at a time lmao.

I have no problem including you bjb. The post count is to kerp people with 1 or 2 post and bad intentions from even asking. Im gonna leave this open. Ill send it to tricky nicky monday. From there to maroonandwhite, then to bjb. If noone else wants it, it'll come back to me

Aw yeah, I've got a few chores to do this week that will be perfect to test this bad boy out.

Quick question, are we expected to sharpen it up before shipping it out to the next guy? I'm not great at sharpening so that may be my only issue. I can probably work something out if need be.

Spots, is the pass around closed?

No its not, I'm leaving it open until I have it back from BJB or someone else request it. If it gets passed around for 6 months its not gonna hurt my feelings. You wanting in?

Guest Broomhead

Yeah, throw me in the mix. I've got some tests for it.

Mind if I hammer it through a mild steel bar?

Just kidding, I won't.

Edited by Broomhead

Naw I don't mind lol. It needs to be tested to see what it can withstand. That way I'll know if I'm tempering to hard, or to soft, if my steel is tough enough, etc. Remember the only rules after you get it are good pictures, and an honest review of what you did and didn't like, and what the knife does, and doesn't do well. Also sign the deerskin the knife is wrapped in, and pass it on. As of now the list stands as:

TrickyNicky (Shipped to him this morning 10/22/2012)

Maroonandwhite

BJB

Broomhead