What Critter is this ?

Locals chatting about this on FB.

Night time, something bawling the last few nights, looks to be arround a coal pile at Bull Run Steam Plant.

maybe bear cub or elk calf ?

edit - does not sound anything like the bear cub sound files I found. They sound closer to a pig in pitch.

B.

Edited by R_Bert

injured deer

I thought about that. I have heard a lot of deer noises, not any quite like that. Apparently what ever it is is still ambulatory. I need to search through my varmint calls

Edited by R_Bert
Guest rebeldrummer

and people ONLY hear this at night? I wonder if anyone has investigated it during the day...

it would stand to reason that if it is an injured animal it would be there at both times? right?

my first thoughts were as you mentioned, baby elk or bear cub? i am unfamiliar w/ that noise......

I can't quite place the sound either. Is it wooded? What kind d of terrain is it? Sounds fairly close (within 200 yards) judging by the clip but still hard to tell. Happening nightly?

I think it is the last few nights. After reading the description, it is along a scrub woods area between the steam plant and the river. It is in a creek bottom or river bottom, if I have it figured right. Otherwise, on the side of a steep ridge. The camera was pointed at the bottoms, though. It would not be the first time a bear has wondered up the river, or an elk for that matter.

If not the chupacabra it might be some retarded meth head.

*That* is a distinct possibility. There is a meth house just over the hill from the steam plant. Been busted numerous times.

Edited by R_Bert

Also it could be a hoax.

possible, but I don't think so. The persons who relayed to me are extremely close to videographer, and would be really embarrassed if fooled. I think I know the video guy also, but not positive (I used to work for Chris Hill).

If bogus, be assured I will note it here.....