Operation Z: Chris Costa

TLRMADE

Guest rebeldrummer

It's a DVD series that they are going to release....I believe that they took the idea of making an educational series about tactics / prepping and just decided to go the zombie route and add some type of story base for theatrical purposes??

It's no surprise I am a zombie fan....and I like Costa....so I'm probably going to like the series?!

i guess it looks cool, i like to have fun with the whole zombie thing but it seems to be getting just a little to mainstream these days

It's been getting a little too mainstream for the past six years. It used to be fun, still kind of is but it's not the same somehow.

• Like 1

It's been getting a little too mainstream for the past six years. It used to be fun, still kind of is but it's not the same somehow.

i like that more people are having fun with it but it has become a bit superficial just like everything else seems too, something that used to be a fun thing people are taking way too serious and people seem to make an "elite" thing, all the super tactical people are making more about them and not about what the great zombie movie legends who made something off the beaten path so epic created

Guest rebeldrummer

i like that more people are having fun with it but it has become a bit superficial just like everything else seems too, something that used to be a fun thing people are taking way too serious and people seem to make an "elite" thing, all the super tactical people are making more about them and not about what the great zombie movie legends who made something off the beaten path so epic created

Well said....The people who jumped on the bandwagon will eventually jump back off and follow whatever the current craze is!

First it was "Drive like a Cullen" ... Now it's "Zombies hate fast food" .... Who knows what is next!!

Guest rebeldrummer

here is what i found out about this....from the studio that put it out. it was on their website

What is the premise of Operation Z?

We wanted to look at a post-outbreak / SHTF scenario from the perspective of it being a “past†event. This would allow us to analyze what happened, how did people survive, what went wrong etc. The AAR would provide the basis for training, and that’s where we pick up. Civilians not caught up in the outbreak, but who watched it on TV, will be motivated to learn at least a basic survival skill set.

There are a lot of interesting things you can do with the premise, including exploration of what the effect of a limited zombie outbreak would have on the psychology of the population. There would also be widespread fear of the impending return of the zombie plague. How does life continue? What are the moral and political discussions of the time? Would humanity have to change from a globalized open civilization to a segregated and inwardly focused one?

Hurricane Katrina was a much bigger influence on Operation Z than any other zombie project. I think anyone that does research into that disaster and the aftermath would quickly realize that dependence on the government can be a dangerous bet.