Am I the only one that got pissed when Romney sais automatic guns are illegal? With the money he has recieved from the NRA he should have someone explain the most commonly misunderstood gun laws and be able to talk facts. That statement was the point when I realsed he is just putting on a show like any other politician.

Edited by Mason
Am I the only one that got pissed when Romney sais automatic guns are illegal? With the money he has recieved from the NRA he should have someone explain the most commonly misunderstood gun laws and be able to talk facts. That statement was the point when I realsed he is just putting on a show like any other politician.

They are illegal......without a tax stamp ;)

More omission of facts, than a lie. Definitely a political ploy. But of that were me, I would have done the same thing. That's not the place to explain the NFA. plus if libs think they are illegal, they won't try to further ban them, or worse inflate the tax stamp to a level that it would be prohibitively expensive.

• Like 2

Actually Joe Trippi was criticizing Obama and Crowley more than Romney. Pleasantly surprised here.

Yeah, that exchange with Crowley about Lybia was inexcusable. Since when does the moderator help a candidate by jumping in with an inaccurate "fact". She should be reprimanded. It may be a waste of time, but it made me feel better to tell them how I feel about it http://www.cnn.com/f...?s=election2012

As far as the AWB, I think there is far better chance that Obama will try that. I can't believe that any freedom loving people even think that Obama is still a valid choice at the polls. :confused:

Edited by Batman

Let's not forget, whatever Romney consideres doing about guns, Paul Ryan will be there to talk some sense into him.

A quote from Obama at the 2nd Presidential debate:

"But I also share your belief that weapons that were designed for soldiers in war theaters don't belong on our streets."

WRONG ANSWER! They don't belong in the hands of criminals, but they do belong in the hands of law abiding citizens. That's what the Founding Fathers intended, allow the common man to have weapons to prevent the government from enslaving the people. They didn't intend for the government to have 50 caliber automatic weapons while the people had sharp sticks for defense. What a putz.

Romney was just trying to point out Obama's misleading statement. Obama said that he wanted to keep criminals from getting automatic weapons (or something like that). Romney rebuttled with we don't need any new laws because automatic weapons are already illegal to own [by criminals or without a stamp].

• Like 1
I can't believe that any freedom loving people even think that Obama is still a valid choice at the polls. :confused:

Most people have their head in the sand (or have their hand out) and do not realize what freedom really is. They sure don't appreciate it. There are plenty of smart, common sense people out there of varying beliefs that take our freedom for granted. So, they do not see what we see in certain actions by the government or political groups as slowly stripping us of our freedoms.

Since in was in my early teens, I've absolutely loved muscle cars. At a relatively early age, I knew someday they would try to take away my gas-guzzling beauties in the name of saving the environment from us "gross polluters." It's very analogous to stripping gun rights/freedoms and "doing it for the children/etc."

Sometimes I really wish we could separate the Red states from the Blue states and watch the Blue states turn into a 3rd world country.

Thanks to my love of old cars, I hated liberals before I knew what liberals were.

DON'T TREAD ON ME.

• Like 1
Guest Lester Weevils

BHO has tainted the party with a stench that will last through 2016.

They have no one, Billary blew her chances for having the balls that BHO doesn't have by taking responsibility for Benghazi. Either way it's going to take at least 4yrs to sort out all the scandals, including F&F, and the screw ups this administration has been involved in.

At least I hope so, I can't imagine all of this just being ignored.

If Romney wins, am betting all the scandals get swept under the rug and records sealed til everyone is dead and gone, like the usual practice. Neither side wants to get an investigations arms race going. If R's prosecute previous D's, then when the tables turn it will be D's putting previous R's in jail. Everybody is guilty of something or t'other and often doesn't take much digging to find it. Too many laws.

If Romney wins they better hit it out of the park and not screw it up like bush or obama have done, or in 2016 it won't be president Hillary Clinton. It will be president van jones or president al franken.

If Romney wins, am betting all the scandals get swept under the rug and records sealed til everyone is dead and gone, like the usual practice. Neither side wants to get an investigations arms race going. If R's prosecute previous D's, then when the tables turn it will be D's putting previous R's in jail. Everybody is guilty of something or t'other and often doesn't take much digging to find it. Too many laws.

If Romney wins they better hit it out of the park and not screw it up like bush or obama have done, or in 2016 it won't be president Hillary Clinton. It will be president van jones or president al franken.

Great. Thanks a lot for putting that thought in my head. President Al Franken. That pushes nightmares to a whole new level.

In Romney does win and screws things up then it very well could be Obama again in 2016.

Edited by Garufa

Obama moved us into a post-judicial America. I doubt the scandals, which, by the way, I have not heard anyone

say to prosecute any of this even around here, will go anywhere. What do you do, round up his whole appointed

administration? I would, but they won't.

In Romney does win and screws things up then it very well could be Obama again in 2016.

It would be a Obama democrat in one form or the other, they are all alike, some just hide their communist side better than others.

Edited by kieefer
Guest Lester Weevils

In South American politics there were several cases where a politician would get to be fearless leader pretty young, screw up and be defeated, only to be replaced by government so bad that it made the previous look fabulous by comparison, and then the fella would get to be fearless leader again later in life. The old devil didn't look so bad in hindsight, compared to the new devil, and the old devil had name recognition, a benefit not possessed by any prospective even newer replacement devils applying for the gig.

If R's get in there and do as good a job as Bush and his R congress, maybe Obama won't look so bad in 2016. Hadn't thought of that.

A win by Hillary would be kinda sorta the same. I'm no idolizer of Clintons, and the Clintons were lucky to ineptly rule in a relatively placid time financed by a crazy tech bubble, and lucky to get out just in time before the bubble popped under G. W. Bush. However in retrospect, the Clinton 8 years looks damn good compared to the Bush 8 and Obama 4. Lots of people could be superstitious and believe the "relatively good proseperity and peace" of 1992 to 2000 was due to core competency of the Clintons rather that sheer blind luck of being the right place at the right time.

When G.W. took over, lots of right-wingers wanted G.W. to prosecute previous clintonistas and were annoyed that G.W. did not do so. Then in 2008 lots of left-wingers wanted Obama to put half the Bush admin in jail, and were annoyed that Obama did not do so. Therefore it will probably be "get out of jail cards" handed out en masse by the Romney admin, if Romney wins.

However there seem to be some state and local governments where defeated politicians routinely go to jail, so maybe we could get the same cycle on the federal level if one side ever "starts the cycle" and doesn't cut previous opposing criminals enough slack. Kinda like a political Hatfields vs McCoys. :)