Early voting

Guest HvyMtl

Early voting started today in Davidson County, and I believe, in other areas of Tennessee.

The line took 1 hour (from 11am to noon) to get to vote.

A fellow with a bad leg saw the line, and turned to leave. I saw, and knowing the State Law, broke line, and caught up with him. I asked him if he wanted to vote today. He said yes, but he couldnt stand in the line. I asked him to follow me. I went to the front of the line and asked where the handicap line was. He was allowed to be in the front of the line. True, I had to wait longer, since I pulled myself out of line, but I made sure someone who wanted to vote, got their right to do so. Please do the same.

I ask of you to make sure everyone gets a chance to vote. Go out of your way to make it happen. Show your love of the Country and its Constitution. Make sure you vote, and make sure others get their right, too.

Now, since I am done voting, I am taking leave of the politics threads. (Sorry guys, there was no one running against Beth Harwell, so I wrote in Donald Duck.)

I went today with my wife and we were in and out in ten minutes. I only had one issue and that was the state senator for my district and she had a D running against her so it was the lessor of to evils. Hopefully I can use my vote to help persuade her to look out for gun rights.

My wife tried to get in the Madison Library and the line was around the building an no parking left. They told her Goodlettsville City hall was better. She picked me up and we were done in fairly short order. All my kids( except the 2 yr old) 4 years ago. Took my 2 yr old with me this time. Let her hit the final submit button.

Edited by AK Guy

Ok . . . I would expect a line on November 6, but a line on the first day of early voting? Is that normal?

I'm thinking there is nothing normal about this election.

I was thinking the same thing. I voted by absentee ballot so I could avoid the madness down here.

Ok . . . I would expect a line on November 6, but a line on the first day of early voting? Is that normal?

Yeah, I think so. First and last day busiest.

I'll vote tomorrow or Friday, before 5. Never had any wait at all in the busiest area of West Knoxville.

We've got a bunch of referendums this time, looking them over so I don't have to read and think in the booth.

I also need to go ahead and do it, before Mitt turns me totally off.

- OS

Edited by OhShoot

Question, does early voting results get counted along with the main voting results? The reason I ask, I didn't know this until the 2000 election, that absentism voting does not get counted unless it is absolutely necessary, i.e. if the election is too close with the regular results, they go to the absentism results. I recall this is way to save money. Can anyone shed any light on either of my points, thanks.

Edited by Runco

Question, does early voting results counted along with the main voting results? The reason I ask, I didn't know this until the 2000 election, that absentism voting does not get counted unless it is absolutely necessary, i.e. if the election is too close with the regular results, they go to the absentism results. I recall this is way to save money. Can anyone shed any light on either of my points, thanks.

Early votes are in final tab. Hell, it's a third of the vote or more in many states.

Don't know re absentee hand ballots, in TN or other states. Sounds like military folks have been deterred if not outright suppressed at least to some extent.

- OS

Edited by OhShoot

I'm thinking there is nothing normal about this election.

I just heard on FoxNews that there has been heavier than normal early voting in a number of states (20+). They reported that if it continues, it could be a record year.

I am going to go vote for Romney tomorrow. Here is the early voting info for Bradley County if anyone needs it.

http://www.bradleyel...arly_voting.htm

Early Voting

Early voting dates:

October 17th - November 1, 2012

Monday through Friday 9am — 6pm

Saturday, 9am — 4pm

The early voting stations are located:

1. The Election Commission Office
  2. Bradley Square Mall in the Conference Center
    (Between Kay's and JC Penney's)
  3. Bi-Lo Store #343 on McGrady Drive
    (in north section of parking lot)

You may vote at any of the above locations during the early voting period.

If you don't make the Early Voting Dates the Actual Election Day is:

Tuesday November 6th, 2012 at your normal voting location. All Polling locations will be open 8am-8pm

If you have any questions about where to vote just click here or contact our office at 728-7115 during business hours.

Edited by Batman

I was thinking the same thing. I voted by absentee ballot so I could avoid the madness down here.

Aww, it's fun to vote on election day. I talk with everyone in line. We have a great time. Even use our carry permits

to ID ourselves. Got some of the poll watchers excited last time. :D

Get engaged, Erik, it's fun.

Aww, it's fun to vote on election day. I talk with everyone in line. We have a great time. Even use our carry permits

to ID ourselves. Got some of the poll watchers excited last time. :D

Get engaged, Erik, it's fun.

There IS something Supremely Satisfying in identifying yourself at the polls with a Handgun Carry Permit. VERY Bill of Rights, Very First Amendment, VERY Second Amendment.

We went to Nolensville location to vote at 2pm. Took about 15 minutes to get in and out. My son was with me and he had a on a t-shirt that said "want to be my Bahama mamma." On it. The older ladies behind the desk had a hoot with that on his shirt. He turned many shades of red. LOL.