Walmart Refuses Guns Sale to Woman!?!

Guest TNBrat

[quote name='OhShoot' timestamp='1352481164' post='842529']
I would opine that any retailer who carries guns is supporting the firearms community about 100% more than those who don't sell guns.

And if there's any truth to the idea that people become more enured and receptive to firearms by seeing more of them in daily life, you can't beat your average citizen seeing those scary assault weapons at Wally's while shopping for their normal mundane items.

- OS
[/quote]

That's a good point and one I can't really disagree with. However, I would still rather support a store where the owner himself as well as, in many cases, his employees, are firearm enthusiasts.

By the same token, when I buy a motorcycle (which I sold my last bike some time ago); I prefer to deal with people who ride themselves.

Not sure why everyone thinks WM is the Debil anyway.
They are still employing a lot of people.They could just as easily close the stores and just be a mailorder from overseas.

I do not pay a lot of attention to ammo and gun prices..Thats G`s job.:) But I know that they have stuff cheaper most of the times than other stores.Only thing I really pay attention to is that my salad stuff is organic..all other stuff I dont care.

[quote name='Sour Kraut' timestamp='1352691753' post='844126']
Not sure why everyone thinks WM is the Debil anyway.
They are still employing a lot of people.They could just as easily close the stores and just be a mailorder from overseas.

I do not pay a lot of attention to ammo and gun prices..Thats G`s job. :) But I know that they have stuff cheaper most of the times than other stores.Only thing I really pay attention to is that my salad stuff is organic..all other stuff I dont care.
[/quote]I don't think they are the debil (I assume you meant "Devil) nor do I think they are evil...I have many and sundry reasons for why I don't shop there.

Moreover, when it comes to specialized things like firearms, I support stores that specialize in those things. A firearm isn't a box of dishwasher detergent nor a package of pork chops. ;)

[quote name='RobertNashville' timestamp='1352736262' post='844288']
...Moreover, when it comes to specialized things like firearms, I support stores that specialize in those things. A firearm isn't a box of dishwasher detergent nor a package of pork chops. ;) [/quote]

No, but a Ruger 10/22 is a Ruger 10/22 no matter where you buy it.

Wait, I forgot that the ones at Wally's are made from Taiwanese pot metal parts assembled in Tierra del Fuego!

- OS

• Like 1
[quote name='LagerHead' timestamp='1352930000' post='845708']
All the more reason to buy guns at your local gun shop. You may pay a little more but at least you don't have to deal with morons like this guy.
[/quote]

I dunno, I've dealt with some well qualified morons at more than one of my local gun stores, too.

- OS Edited by OhShoot
  • Like 1
Guest DarylDixon
Not surprising. There is a real life neanderthal who works the gun counter at the Wal-Mart in Oak Ridge. He makes you wait before he will acknowledge that you are standing at the counter and acts like he's doing you a favor by selling you a box of ammo.
Guest AmericanWorkMule
Yeah, what is up with some of these employee's power trip?
If you try to complain to mgmt. they act like they don't care either.

[quote name='DarylDixon' timestamp='1353014354' post='846167']
Not surprising. There is a real life neanderthal who works the gun counter at the Wal-Mart in Oak Ridge. He makes you wait before he will acknowledge that you are standing at the counter and acts like he's doing you a favor by selling you a box of ammo.
[/quote]
[quote name='DaveTN' timestamp='1350580619' post='830157']
The story says he thought it was a straw purchase.
Liquor, Tobacco, Guns, and Ammo; you have liability when you sell those items and you can refuse to sell to anyone.
[/quote]

This. He still sounds like a male chauvinist, but I can see where he was coming from. It was Wal-Mart after all. Where would you go to make a straw purchase? A store with trained people, or a somewhere where you could likely wind up with a guy who says "Which one is a shotgun" when you ask for the Mossberg?
I don't know, the guys at my local wal mart are a couple of good ole boys. They know their way around their limited selection just fine.

One exception is the guy who works electronics and helps out late at night. He's apparently "from the Army" and is under the impression an AR in 5.56 will do more damage to a deer than 00 buck shot. According to him buck shot was built for deer but there won't be much left if you shoot one with an over powered AR.
[quote name='TrickyNicky' timestamp='1353475790' post='849049']
He's apparently "from the Army" and is under the impression an AR in 5.56 will do more damage to a deer than 00 buck shot. According to him buck shot was built for deer but there won't be much left if you shoot one with an over powered AR.
[/quote]
5.56 is underpowered and inhumane. It has no business on the hunting field or battlefield. That’s just my opinion though, our government experts obviously don’t agree.
[quote name='DaveTN' timestamp='1353499055' post='849061']

5.56 is underpowered and inhumane. It has no business on the hunting field or battlefield. That’s just my opinion though, our government experts obviously don’t agree.
[/quote]

I'm with you on the 5.56, underpowered for what it's being used for, on the other hand I do think its a pretty ok intermediate cartridge and does have its place in battle. I would rather be able to carry more than less rounds up to a point.

I know there are plenty of deer felled by plenty of people using 223/5.56 and if they're able to cleanly and humanly more power to them but I do think its a funny caliber choice for something that size.

None the less his reasoning remains ludicrous IMO.
[quote name='SGilbert' timestamp='1352407288' post='841993'].....Id be scared to death to trust someone at walmart to change my oil or put tires on my truck..... and i aint buying guns from them.
[/quote]

I wouldn't let a walmart employee touch my truck or guns, but I get the oil and ammo there, when the price is right.