Thoughts on Rossi

Caster

Picked up a Rossi 357 mag, 4inch barrel. It's a preTaurus interarms piece. Dunno why, but there's two different model numbers in crane pocket : M711 & M971

It's in great shape and locks up really well. Haven't shot it yet.

Anyone own one with a thought or two?

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've had very limited interactions with Rossi's, seems to me the nice ones are nice and the poor ones are poor.

Sounds like you found a good one. If the chambers all index correctly and it shoots straight you should have a nice revolver that you don't have to worry to much about scratching.

I wouldn't use it to develop any hot loads or anything but you probably knew that already.

My first gun was a 38 special by Rossi (R351).

Never a problem with it and it was the gateway to many more (and the reason I'm now broke). It shot where it pointed and I was impressed by it's accuracy especially for a snub nose.

I only paid $250 for it new and it didn't feel cheap at all. I only sold it to get something else and I still regret it a little today.

My first gun was a 38 special by Rossi (R351).

Never a problem with it and it was the gateway to many more (and the reason I'm now broke). It shot where it pointed and I was impressed by it's accuracy especially for a snub nose.

I only paid $250 for it new and it didn't feel cheap at all. I only sold it to get something else and I still regret it a little today.

I sold one of mine to fund another gun too. I gave the other to my wife for the night stand when I work late. As far as revolvers go, I don't know that you can beat a Rossi for the price. I replace mine with a S&W bodyguard .38+P for carry but still love to get my wife's out and punch holes in paper every now and again.

Guest ochretoe

I carry the 2" .357 off duty. It had a lock up problem when I got it but customer service took care of it and was very nice and fast. I like the gun a lot. It is accurate to about 25yds. It's no S&W but it is well worth the money.

I have a Rossi snub-nose .357 mag for the nightstand. The wife and I both have Glock 19s for carry, but if I need to grab and shoot in the middle of the night, I want the stopping power.

Also, the wife likes the simplicity of revolver vs automatic, especially if something happens in low light situation. She had it out on the countertop when I got back from the TGO Rendezvous this past weekend. I was very pleased that she thought ahead while I was gone.

I would only get rid of it if there was a 1911 owner that wanted to work a deal.

The only rossi I have is a coach style shotgun, and it is excellent quality and a good looking piece. Recently shot it a fair amount to try my hand at casual skeet, and it was flawless. However its possibly an 80s or at the youngest, a 90s era gun and a LOT can happen to a company in 20 years. Still, based off the quality of it, I would at least give them a good consideration if I were looking for something they make. Just being around for that long can mean something, or not, but at least you can track the company history and give it a thought.

Edited by Jonnin

.... Just being around for that long can mean something, or not, but at least you can track the company history and give it a thought.

Taurus bought them years ago, but as I understand it still operates the same Rossi factory in Brazil separately from Taurus one.

- OS