Glock mods, good & bad

Caster

Caster:________________

RE: The trigger thing. My problem with glock triggers may simply be me; but they seem to be gritty unless someone works on 'em; and i hate that with a passion. I'm an ole double action smith shooter and im used to a long, smooth trigger pull on double action shooting; and the glock seems to mimic the "long action" thing a bit. The stock glock seems to be a bit gritty; and that's what i dont like. The trigger weight aint nearly the problem that the gritty pull is. I aint sure i completely understand the mechanics of the glock trigger pull thing; but there's lots of things goin on. I have bought the parts and installed 'em; but my trigger fixes are never good enough. I've got a buddy who can fix 'em though. For me, at least, its well worth the few extra bucks for him to go thru them. He does an excellent job.

leroy

Edited by leroy

Oh I also use the Vickers mag release. I do like it better than the factory extended. The Vickers is in between the stock options.

I think that thing is near perfect. I'm mostly in Gen 4 land now, so I don't need it. My Gen 3 is a 36, and is OK with the stock release IMO

I've got Vickers magazine and slide releases and I like those a lot. I have a Gen 3 19 that has a captured steel guide rod...I can't tell that it does anything over the plastic stock one.

Of all the mods that I have on my Glocks the undercut trigger guard is by far my favorite.

A undercut on a 19 can make a huge difference in the grip. Your fingers fit between the grooves instead of riding on top of them.

Here's a pic of a 22 that I did for a friend of mine today.

Grip8.jpg

Edited by BrasilNuts
  • Like 1

Caster.....I think the real answer here is for you to just go shootin' again with the new Glock. Seriously, get more trigger time behind it before you start thinking you'll need anything for it. The solid guide rods will do nothing to improve your shootin abilities or skills. The trigger is totally up to you....way more of a preference actually. I've had the "NY trigger" and the light triggers and the adjustableskeletonizied trigger and find that I actually pefer the stock trigger as is with the ".25" trigger job. But that's me. Unless it's a competetion Glock OR you just want to play with one, stick with the factory stuff. I've continued to return to Glocks for a reason as they simply work better for me. Play with it as is and decide if you even care to mess with anything.

Been wanting to see and feel the stipple stuff and check out the undercut trigger guards and see if they are for me. I absoutly love the feel of the my Gen 4 G26 and it makes my 3rdGen G19 fell "slicker" which is why I'm starting to get more courious.

Edited by kwe45919

I've got Vickers magazine and slide releases and I like those a lot. I have a Gen 3 19 that has a captured steel guide rod...I can't tell that it does anything over the plastic stock one.

Of all the mods that I have on my Glocks the undercut trigger guard is by far my favorite.

A undercut on a 19 can make a huge difference in the grip. Your fingers fit between the grooves instead of riding on top of them.

Here's a pic of a 22 that I did for a friend of mine today.

photo13.jpg

photo14.jpg

What are you using to smooth it out so well? 400 grit sand paper?

My must haves:

1) .25 trigger job

2) 6lb rather than stock 5lb trigger spring

3) Shave some material off the trigger safety so that it goes flush when the trigger is pulled

4) 3.5lb Ghost connector

5) Radius the area where the trigger guard meets the grip

Nice to haves:

6) Novak fiber optic front sight

7) Steel OEM Glock rear sight

8) Stipple job/grip reduction

9) Fulcrum trigger

10) extra reduced power recoil springs and an uncaptured guide rod to get better extraction when shooting anemic range ammo

the big thing i do for my glocks is to get a after market barrel for them so i can shoot cast lead. i like kkm and efk barrels. i have picked up several lone wolf 9mm conservion barrels too. on my duty glock i got the extended mag release and slide stop. they are no big deal to me, came that way from the arms room. i dropped in a 3 pound trigger bar in one of my range glocks, i can not tell much different over the five pound trigger. the five pound glock trigger will get better with age. stay away from the new york trigger. they up the trigger pull weight and were made for people that...... well can you say new york. night sights are ok and/or no big deal to me. i did change a guide rod on a g19 and g23 with a high dollar after market one. i could not feel any change in the gun. so no big deal again. so for me i feel it is best to leave thing just about much as they come and buy more/reload more ammo when it come to a glock.

The 2 I have done so far, Lona Wolf barrel was first, found a thread protector on ebay.

The Comp works great

http://jagerproducts...1&products_id=1

http://www.ameriglo....s/complete-sets

I got the ghost ring rear, you can use it to "one hand cycle" by hooking on about

anything to rack the slide.

How do you like that ghost ring TruGlow?

Edited by jdw174

New York triggers. I know a couple of younger fellas who shoot well and like these. If you take the spring out the trigger does become something akin to a steady pressure revolver trigger all the way through to break.

Glock or any gun aftermarket. Keep in mind that the gun companies design, produce, market and distribute these guns to make money. Unless the gun is some high end gun nearly any handgun can be tweaked through judicious use of aftermarket if available. Although if believed the profit margin on Glocks is quite high compared to other handguns in its class. However, for some reason aftermarket pops up on nearly any sub $700.00 handgun to some extent. For instance: Gallowy Precision and RTK have come up with some nice aftermarket improvements for Ruger, KelTec and I believe Taurus pistols. Apex has some nice stuff for S&W M&P, as well as S&W revolvers. In rifles Basix and Timiney immediately come to mind.

So mass production does work or Marlin wouldn't have sold over 11,000,000 Model 60s. However even the Marlin 60 can benefit from aftermarket from DIP Products.

I say if you like it stock fine, shoot the tar out of that thing, but if you like to tweak a little more performance, accuracy, comfort out of a mass production piece I say go ahead and shoot the tar out of that thing. My Sig X-Five is stock, but my Glocks, LC9 and Keltec are not.

• Like 1