My daughter got her first deer this morning.

It was rather funny. Get that dreaded call at 2am and can hear crying on the phone when wife answers and start to get up, and Tnbrat keeps asking are you hurt and no answer and she says, "sorry, I was apologizing to mr deer for hitting him." It was priceless. I told her to slow down bullets are cheaper that cars.

JTM

Sent from my iPhone

• Like 2

Glad she is OK...that's the main thing. Car, well, that's what insurance is for. It'll all work out, and meat in the freezer too.

I do have to ask though, since it's only archery season, did you have a "Camaro" permit?

Just a joke!

Your Daughter probably feels bad about killing the deer. It happens all the time. She probably did all she could do to avoid it. Let her know that.

Dave S

I have she actually did it right. brakes and hold on. Since we had moved to the country, I have worried about her swerving to miss a deer even though I have told her not too. I have never heard of anyone dying from hitting a deer, A tree is a different story.

I have she actually did it right. brakes and hold on. Since we had moved to the country, I have worried about her swerving to miss a deer even though I have told her not too. I have never heard of anyone dying from hitting a deer, A tree is a different story.

Sadly, people do die from hitting deer and while avoiding hitting deer. I've seen deer come through the windshield of a car and kill the driver. Sad situation. A guy riding his Harley on Fort Campbell died after hitting a deer. People loose control of their vehicles to avoid hitting a deer and die from the resulting accident. Although human reaction is to "brake", most times you're better off to hit the deer than to loose control of your vehicle.

The "Rut" is coming in...more deer on the road! I may write something up on the subject in the very near future. Ya'll drive safe!

Dave S

Edited by DaveS

Your Daughter probably feels bad about killing the deer. It happens all the time. She probably did all she could do to avoid it. Let her know that.

Dave S

She was in hysterics! Wouldn't even tell me if she was ok she was so upset about the deer. She's been a vegetarian for 5 years & is an animal rights activist. She was still apologizing to the deer when we got there.

TNBrat :) Hiding in the woods… ;)

She was in hysterics! Wouldn't even tell me if she was ok she was so upset about the deer. She's been a vegetarian for 5 years & is an animal rights activist. She was still apologizing to the deer when we got there.

I hope all works out for her.

Dave S

Sadly, people do die from hitting deer and while avoiding hitting deer. I've seen deer come through the windshield of a car and kill the driver. Sad situation. I guy riding his Harley on Fort Campbell died after hitting a deer. People loose control of their vehicles to avoid hitting a deer and die from the resulting accident. Although human reaction is to "brake", most times you're better off to hit the deer than to loose control of your vehicle.

The "Rut" is coming in...more deer on the road! I may write something up on the subject in the very near future. Ya'll drive safe!

Dave S

Very true. My wife is an animal lover and I've told her repeatedly that if she wrecks the car trying to avoid a deer or smaller animal, I'm gonna be pissed. If you can't avoid colliding, its better to use your weight advantage and deliver the blow, rather than the deer hitting you.

I also ride a motorcycle and have had a couple close encountered with deer. So far, the advice given by my MSF class instructor has held true.... if you can't stop in time, aim for it. Wild animals will typically move, you just can't predict where they'll go. So the best thing to do is aim for where they currently are. Chances are high they won't be there when you arrive. When they just appear to materialize out of thin air in the dark... there's not much you can do.

After hours, on a public road, in a licensed vehicle, without an approved hunting device, no hunting license, no hunters saftey card, and she was spotlighting?! Game warden will not like this! :-) All kidding aside, I am very glad she is ok!
  • Like 1
Thanks for all the good wishes...It being a Camero the thur the windshield was my worst thought. It all worked out. the car needed a paint job that was scheduled for the spring so now it really needs a paint job and fender and hood and headlight and ....It is driveable so she will make it til I get around to fixing....Luck for her I like doing body work.
  • Like 1

[quote name='gjohnsoniv' timestamp='1352222957' post='840090']I'm sorry but I have to post this. Just saw it and laughed, and thought of this.

[url="http://9gag.com/gag/5774655"]http://9gag.com/gag/5774655[/url][/quote]

I showed that to my daughter & she got a laugh out of it. Thanks.