Muzzleloader

[quote name='mudstud' timestamp='1352171107' post='839796']
wish i had some picks to put up took my son with me sunday before chruch and saw three does
my son felt the need to wave at them lets just say they did not wave back
[/quote]

Lol, making memories. To me, that is the best part of hunting. Did the does "wave" those big white tails back at him?
Rob, that gun has awesome wood on it!

I keep seeing so-called muzzle loaders that look like bolt actions. What are these guns? The theme seems to be plastic/modern ML rifle, usually with a scope, and for all I can tell of the images, a bolt of some sort. Clearly they are designed for ML hunting... ?
Guest ochretoe
Got me a little buck yesterday with the smoothbore. Not much to look at and after giving away half I just deboned and put the rest in our huge cooker for deer and gravy. What we don't eat this evening will be made into deer/barley soup and frozen.
[quote name='ochretoe' timestamp='1352405044' post='841967']
Got me a little buck yesterday with the smoothbore. Not much to look at and after giving away half I just deboned and put the rest in our huge cooker for deer and gravy. What we don't eat this evening will be made into deer/barley soup and frozen.
[/quote]

Man, that sounds good!

Dave S
Well I watched a small but nice little six pointer this morning for about 20 something minutes. I didn't shoot because there are about a half a dozen gentic inferior deer running around the farm that I want get rid of so I'm waiting on one of those.

That or a truely nice one, and some of the does. Good luck to all of ya'll this weekend.
[IMG]http://i267.photobucket.com/albums/ii290/jasongar8/157A2BDE-8D38-47D4-9683-8A65CDAFEA5C-2487-00000465098B5295.jpg[/IMG]

Got this 8 pointer one on Thursday in Davidson county. It was almost 0800 when a doe came trotting through with him and another buck about 40 yards behind her. The other buck had a longer main beam from what I could tell, but his whole right side was broken off. I shot him at about 40 yards. I was using 100 grains of 777 powder and a 250 gr. T/C Shockwave bullet.
  • Like 1