Sig sp2022 40cal Pros Cons Value????

Guest jaybo86

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My brother recently ordered one from Gilbert's online and he loves everything about it. Gilbert's has them on sale right now brand new with one 12 round mag & a SIG brand laser for $399 shipped. [url="http://www.gilbertsguns.com/Handguns/Sig+Sauer/Sig+SP2022+40+Pistol+With+Laser+E2022-40-B"]http://www.gilbertsg...aser E2022-40-B[/url] Edited by luvmyberetta
[quote name='jaybo86' timestamp='1352255632' post='840555']
Just came across one of these so looking for some info.

Sig sp2022 in used but like new condition.
Pros?
Cons?
Value?

Thanks in advance.
[/quote]

Value is amazing. You can normally find them with a laser for $380 - $400 shipped. And they apparently hold that value, I've seen some for sale used that are over $400. Some guy in Nashville is trying to sell his for $500 for some reason.

Without the laser, you can normally find them for $350 - $370 without night sights. For some reason, it's hard finding the model with night sights.

Pros:

It's a Sig
Good DA/SA
It has a really smooth trigger

Cons:

For me, I wish it had a takedown more like the 22x series instead of like a Jericho.
Mags are expensive - The best price I've ever seen on them was when Ron Shirk Shooting Supply had them wholesale (he only ships to FFL's) for $10 each and CDNN one time had their mags for $10 each. That's it.
Only comes with 1 Mag - Seriously...unless you qualify for Sig's IOP program (first responder, military active or retired, LEO) If you do, they will come with either 2 or 3. Edited by wcsc12
If it was like new (they will wear really quick on the barrel though), I would pay No more than $400. Add for extras / subtract for wear.
Cons- its a little thick, I'm a 40 fan boy but lean a little more towards the 9 in the p2022, the scarcity of mags and their price, holsters can be a little hard to find but really dependent on what kind of holster your looking for.
Pros-it's a great gun and worth the money, you won't be sorry.
You can find mags at academy and online... I have one in .40 and had one in 9. I will be buying another one soon, and have nothing bad to say about them. IMO one of the best guns for the money out there. Break down and cleaning is easy once you get used to it, but would be nice if it were like the other P22x like stated above.