what now?

Guest cardcutter

Guest cardcutter
It is a fact that BHO is one of the most divisive presidents in the history of our nation.

Give the strong and deep divide in our country do any of you think it will lead to civil unrest?
Should he swing farther left, and there is no reason to think he won't, How much will the people take
before they take action?
How far would such actions go?
while I don't see the historic version of civil war happening I wonder if something like North Ireland in the 70s and 80s might come about.

What are your thoughts?

Jim Edited by cardcutter
I really expected Romney to beat this weak excuse for a President. I was fully prepared for riots today as the BO supporters claimed election irregularities because there was no way that BO could be voted out based on the liberal media and supporting polls. Note though that there were riots at Ole Miss last night......

[size=4][url="http://www.wmctv.com/story/20025451/riots-brew-on-ole-miss-campus"][color=#0000FF]http://www.wmctv.com/story/20025451/riots-brew-on-ole-miss-campus[/color][/url][/size] Edited by CJDore
[quote name='cardcutter' timestamp='1352313295' post='841167']
It is a fact that BHO is one of the most divisive presidents in the history of our nation.
[/quote]
More so than GWB? I think not.
[quote]
Give the strong and deep divide in our country do any of you think it will lead to civil unrest?
[/quote]
Not a chance.
[quote]
Should he swing farther left, and there is no reason to think he won't, How much will the people take
before they take action?
[/quote]
Every bit.
[quote]
[/quote]
Not going to happen.

[quote]
while I don't see the historic version of civil war happening I wonder if something like North Ireland in the 70s and 80s might come about.

What are your thoughts?

Jim
[/quote]
Guest cardcutter
Dan
GWB was nowhere near as divisive BHO. He did reach across the aisle .Hell he even got Ted Kennedy help write no child left behind.
Those that don't drink the koolaid have a much different opinion of him. I did not like him but I have to give him his due.

According to the Donald we should...
Trump tweeted: We can't let this happen. We should march on Washington and stop this travesty. Our nation is totally divided!

TNBrat :) Hiding in the woods… ;)

[quote name='cardcutter' timestamp='1352313295' post='841167']

before they take action?

What are your thoughts?

Jim
[/quote]Not going to happen! Anarchy will not be tolerated, and would be stopped with force!

[quote name='TNBrat' timestamp='1352316673' post='841224']
According to the Donald we should...
Trump tweeted: We can't let this happen. We should march on Washington and stop this travesty. Our nation is totally divided!

[/quote]Travesty, what travesty? Trump doesn't know his ass from a hole in the ground!

[quote name='CCI' timestamp='1352316840' post='841232']Travesty, what travesty? Trump doesn't know his ass from a hole in the ground![/quote]

I'm not a Trump fan. I just thought it was funny. Someone answered below the tweet... "Right behind you, Napoleon". .

[quote name='TNBrat' timestamp='1352317478' post='841239']
I'm not a Trump fan. I just thought it was funny. Someone answered below the tweet... "Right behind you, Napoleon". .

[/quote]It would be better if they said that to Bloomingidiot seeing as he's short and all... Wait, they kinda already do that.

Edited by gjohnsoniv
Secession is likely coming. O has nothing to lose. If you are an independent thinker, hard worker, tax payer, gun owner, white male you have a bullseye on your chest. Count on it.
Suggested reading:" Enemies Foreign and Domestic" by Mathew Bracken. Anything by Boston T. Party.
[quote name='Moped' timestamp='1352332058' post='841432']
Nothing is going to happen, unless there is some sort of economic meltdown. I think there is a chance that it could happen, but if not, we will all be voting in the next Presidential election in 2016.
[/quote]

And experiencing the same drama
Actually, the last stats I saw the popular vote went to Obama, but barely (approx 250k.) Most decisive? Al Gore won the popular vote, but Dubya got the office, so Obama gets 2nd, I think.

It did not cause revolution then, it will not now. And those whining, and threatening to leave this country because of Obama? Go. Leave. You are [u]not[/u] patriots. You are only supportive when you believe things are going your way? You are not what this country needs, go someplace else.
[quote name='HvyMtl' timestamp='1352351584' post='841673']
Actually, the last stats I saw the popular vote went to Obama, but barely (approx 250k.)
[/quote]

Don't know where you're still seeing that.
Even though nothing is "official" yet, all totals I see are more than 2.5 million. Generally being expressed as 50% and 48%.

- OS
Well, it was at like, what 3am last morning. And Florida still had not come back yet...

And again, if so, then it would be the second time, and the US did not fall into "Civil" war the last time.
[quote name='HvyMtl' timestamp='1352352806' post='841679']
....And again, if so, then it would be the second time, and the US did not fall into "Civil" war the last time.
[/quote]

Don't understand. Winner had ~ 2.8 million more votes than loser. Second time for what?

- OS
[quote name='Moped' timestamp='1352332058' post='841432']
Nothing is going to happen, unless there is some sort of economic meltdown. I think there is a chance that it could happen, but if not, we will all be voting in the next Presidential election in 2016.
[/quote]I hold two bachelor degrees in Accounting and Public Finance and a Master's as well but basic math tells me that a financial meltdown is inevitable.

I won't be stupid enough to try and predict "when" but no one and no country can continue to spend nearly 150% of what it takes in and survive...no amount of manipulating the numbers can or will change that...no amount of additional taxation or even confiscation of all wealth can change that.

We are going to have some severe pain to go through; Romney may (MAY) have been able to avert it but I doubt it and Obama and the current Congress sure as hell won't. Edited by RobertNashville
  • Like 2
Guest cardcutter
[quote name='RobertNashville' timestamp='1352389212' post='841788']
I hold two bachelor degrees in Accounting and Public Finance and a Master's as well but basic math tells me that a financial meltdown is inevitable.

I won't be stupid enough to try and predict "when" but no one and no country can continue to spend nearly 150% of what it takes in and survive...no amount of manipulating the numbers can or will change that...no amount of additional taxation or even confiscation of all wealth can change that.

We are going to have some severe pain to go through; Romney may (MAY) have been able to avert it but I doubt it and Obama and the current Congress sure as hell won't.
[/quote]

This and his habit of bypassing congress by the use of executive orders is what I see as a trigger to the civil unrest I fear is coming.
It's pretty hard for politics to trigger civil unrest when the average person is more interested in American Idol than politics.

I was at a rural gas station for early morning coffee the morning after the election and struck up a conversation with several guys. Most seemed to be saying, whatever... they're all crooks.

Then one guy asks, "What did you think of the election?" I was disappointed, I replied. He said he was on the other side. He paused and then said, "I just can't support that gay marriage thing."

I was dumbfounded. What could I say? Um, sir, you have the candidates' positions wrong. The guy you voted for is the guy who supports gay marriage.

What can we do when we have voters who are ignorant of the most basic positions?

BTW, the whole gay marriage is a non-issue for me personally... that's just what he said.
If we have the meltdown, then yes we will have true unrest. The Occupy hippies will look like kiddos selling lemonade on the sidewalk by comparison.

The current administration and its partner in crime, our news media, will ensure the blame for the meltdown is the fault of the rich to spur the unrest.

If there is no meltdown, we may still see some unrest that is "planted" by the current administration to help sway public support for "changes." Like a game of extortion. Give them what they want and they'll shut up...

As far as any unrest stemming from "our" side, I don't see it. I see more Tea Party movement that will be condemned by the media, but it will be peaceful by those that witness it or participate in it first hand.

"Our" side may be fed up, but we have the morals and right, rational thinking that our political opponents do not have. Just like we are with our firearms, we will only be violent for true self defense. We are not violent by nature. We, unlike them, have never and will never resort to mob rule to get out way.

• Like 1