what do you do?

Guest salb3039

Guest GlocKingTN
^^

Yeah, debt.....

I detail cars for a local stealership. It's not a bad gig, really.

Sometimes it really sucks though.

I actually have an assoc. degree in computer technology, an A+ cert, and have been working with computers since I got my first real PC when I graduated HS in 1993(Mom thought it'd help in college.)

I got a job at a local computer store right after getting my degree, but they decided to close the Cookeville location about a year later. Some of you may know the place....Ovation Computers. The main(only other) store is in Franklin.

Since then, I just do freelance work for a few people who are lucky enough to know about me. :D

I'm looking at a job at a local bank call center. If the guy that is supposed to be leaving gets his new job, I'm pretty much a shoe-in for his job.

He makes $50k/yr fixing any problems that arise from the equipment...mostly none.

I'm sure that's more than you wanted to know.

~Archi

P.S. -- I can do electrical, plumbing, some carpentry, concrete, drywall, mechanical, ....I've done a little of almost everything, so I'm also a pretty good general handyman.

So we can call you "the jack of all trades"!:up:

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Professor & Dept Chair at Volunteer State Community College = full time job

Online Instructor for Lincoln Educational Services = part time job

Firearms instructor at HGR firearms = part time job

RSO at Stones River Hunter Ed Center = volunteer job

Guns: There are currently 5 in the inventory, expected to double within the year.

Gun goals: AR15, Kimber 1911, Garand, S&W 642, Semi-auto shotty TBD

I use the ft job to pay the bills and the pt jobs to have fun/buy guns.

-Len

Guest Phantom6

25 yrs in sales, marketing and training. Now semi-retired Marketing Consultant for about 6 online clients is my day(?) job. I also run a shooting school (see signature).

Guest Ghostrider

Retired from the Army in 92. X gets half my retirement so I get about zero from that.

Been an LPN since before most of you were born (1974).

Have been in IT in one form or another since 95; mostly healthcare systems implementation, but just finished an 11 month engagement with a gas transportation system asset management implementation.

Consulting for an international concern now for 2+ years and going to Chicago Tuesday to consult with a healthcare payor company for the next 3 months or so.

My wife makes all the money. She's a healthcare financial systems implementer and trouble shooter. Basically, when healthcare companies/hospitals change systems, she makes the books balance, often finding reams of money that have never been billed. They pay her well.

After a pretty miserable life prior to meeting each other, we're doing better together than we could ever do apart. We don't fight, and we're mature enough not to say things in haste we can't take back.

She's a keeper -- hell, she bought me a c6 for Christmas of 04 - how could you say no to that? :surrender::devil::D

Southpaw, I love that! so you and Tung are nerds with Guns...:surrender:

The best compliment I have ever gotten, was from my sister in law..

she said "Elliott, you are as good with your hands as you are with your heads." (I just finished building a really nice driveway for them, with stone stairs and a retaining wall.)

• Administrator

The best compliment I have ever gotten, was from my sister in law..

she said "Elliott, you are as good with your hands as you are with your heads." (I just finished building a really nice driveway for them, with stone stairs and a retaining wall.)

You apparently have a very close extended family. :surrender:

This isn't Arkansas Gun Owners! Please God tell us it's a typo. :devil:

:surrender::eek::devil:

ahahahaha I knew that was coming..

nope..its not Arkansas..

my brother is a sailor so he's gone for 4 months at a time..so if there's something that needs doing, and I'm home, I do it for them. In exchange, when I care to shoot, I am welcome to. He My brother and I are close..He's my 2nd best friend on the planet!

His wife treats me like a little brother as well...sometimes thats annoying though...but over all, yah..we're close knit...but in a GOOD way.

Guest Hornet Handler

Sr Network Administrator for a correctional healthcare company. Technically I'm a System admin, servers, OS, apps that sort of stuff.

Guest Ghostrider
Ghost:

You sound like a happy and lucky man. Good for you! :surrender:

-Len

Yes sir, I absolutely feel that way.

Don't know what I did to deserve it, but I thank God for my life and situation every single day!

Guest pherman926

I manage the textbook dept. at Vanderbilt University. It's a lease operation run by Follett Higher Education Group . Overall we run over 700 college bookstores. My wife manages the Medical Bookstore at Vanderbilt.

Working in the belly of the liberal beast:)

i am a service advisor for a ford dealership,used to be into the car audio biz for a while,welded in a factory for about 8 years also.looking for something else right now too damn stressed out right now.still do a lot of sideline mechanic and stereo work + i buy and sell a lot of crap for a little extra cash. i have a glock 19,and 27. an ar-15, folding ak-47, folding 10-22, folding 870, ruger 22/45 custom bolt .308 seems like i have 3 or 4 more but cant remember what they are right now,must be the stress?

Guest Shane

I'm in the sanitation business and travel to Mexico several times a year.

Who's the librarian? I need some help with the Dewey Decimal system.

Guest Boomhower

I draw trailers.....well no ,"Dreams" as others refer to them.....Really though, I do CAD work for a local mobile home manufacture. I work in a corp. office in Maryville TN, sitting on my butt all day and watching my waistband grow.

Guest Phantom6
USMC retired. I build custom furniture and do custom leatherwork for fun and profit. Getting old relly sucks.

Naw man, getting old is cool if you forget about the part where it takes you 10 minutes of moaning and groaning to get out of bed in the morning; you gotta use the bathroom 64 times before noon due to the medication your Cardiologist makes you take; the fact that you have a Cardiologist to begin with and one day fairly recently you looked into the mirror and rather than seeing that 189 lb dashing young man that could do anything looking back at you, you fell under the gaze of some tired looking old fart that vaguely resembled your father. If you can get past all of that then you got it licked. Besides, since I am no big fan of the proverbial "dirt nap" I think I'll just continue to get older as long as I can. I'll finally get to use that Senior Citizen discount legitimately at Denny's and people will respect me just because of the color of my hair. Another benifit is the ability to "suger charge" the grandchildren and send them home to agrivate the hell out of my children. :D

Like the old story goes, if I'd known I was going to live this long I'd have taken better care of myself.:D

I'm a computer programmer. I do database work usually, but also some data warehouse stuff.

As for the original poster referring to people buying lots of guns, well I can say in the last 6 months I have purchased 3 firearms (Shotgun - Mossberg 590-A1, Springfield XD9, and DPMS AR-15). I've paid cash for all of them, and my wife and I are currently working our way out of debt (paid off about 3k so far this year).

I work a part-time job (at a local range doing sales and range cleanup), I also have a hobby of selling hand crafted woodturning items (Pens/Pencils, etc.) We are also on a budget :D and that helps us TELL our money what to do, not just try and figure out where the money went.