One GOOD thing this election

As I reel from the fact that Tues informed me I am now, an apparently have been, in the minority in this country I struggled to find some glimmering light from all of it.

THIS IS IT!

Tennessee Republicans win Super Majority in BOTH Chambers. Thank God I live in this state!!!!!!!

http://www.knoxnews.com/news/2012/nov/07/gop-gains-six-seats-each-state-house-and-senate/

AT LEAST we have a fighting chance with our state representatives to keep everything in check.
  • Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

The downside to having Republican super-majorities in both houses is that now ALL bills will be back-room deals. the only bills that will see any public view are those that have already been pre-approved.

As said above, the Republican RINO leadership has a lock on this. I do not expect the Governor to stand up to the Feds and fight un-Constitutional decrees from 'Dear Leader'. I hope I'm wrong, but do not believe that I am.
[quote name='1gewehr' timestamp='1352472015' post='842422']
The downside to having Republican super-majorities in both houses is that now ALL bills will be back-room deals. the only bills that will see any public view are those that have already been pre-approved.

As said above, the Republican RINO leadership has a lock on this. I do not expect the Governor to stand up to the Feds and fight un-Constitutional decrees from 'Dear Leader'. I hope I'm wrong, but do not believe that I am.
[/quote]

You are not wrong. Take it from someone who was up close and personal last year with this outfit, the decisions are made by the few, and told to the many what they will do. It operates under the Golden rule, them whats got the gold rules! Big business lobbed tons of money into the Caucus Super PAC, and mandates the actions.
[quote name='N2thebox' timestamp='1352464496' post='842362']
As I reel from the fact that Tues informed me I am now, an apparently have been, in the minority in this country I struggled to find some glimmering light from all of it.

THIS IS IT!

Tennessee Republicans win Super Majority in BOTH Chambers. Thank God I live in this state!!!!!!!

[url="http://www.knoxnews.com/news/2012/nov/07/gop-gains-six-seats-each-state-house-and-senate/"]http://www.knoxnews....use-and-senate/[/url]

AT LEAST we have a fighting chance with our state representatives to keep everything in check.
[/quote]

Right.

As far as this forum's main focus, the only thing worse than a TN Democrat on 2A rights is a TN Republican.

- OS
Maybe your views will change once you see the HUGE Democratic Federal government machine (obama train) attack our rights and mandate what we do. We need all the republican oposition we can muster to thwart off federal attacks on our state democracy.

What you are all missing is this administration's agenda, which is to remove the power of the states to control what effects the state. The Obama plan is to wipe states rights clean and enforce federal rule over all!
Guest Oaklands
I'll have to admit the election really depressed me for a day or 2. There are already articles of large companies getting ready to start laying off people due to Obamacare. Another coal company is laying people off because the plans to close many coal fired plants by 2014 leaves them no place to sell their product. I hope I can keep my company doors open for another 4 years. They are barely open as it is.
[quote name='N2thebox' timestamp='1352499565' post='842722']
Maybe your views will change once you see the HUGE Democratic Federal government machine (obama train) attack our rights and mandate what we do. We need all the republican oposition we can muster to thwart off federal attacks on our state democracy.

What you are all missing is this administration's agenda, which is to remove the power of the states to control what effects the state. The Obama plan is to wipe states rights clean and enforce federal rule over all!
[/quote]

We're talking about state government here. Our Republicans are mostly RINOs at best here, have been for decades. Most of them could run as Dems -- their records wouldn't even be campaign fodder for the opposition. Some of the staunchest movers and shakers for gun rights over the last 10 years in the TN legislature have been Dems.

And I'm certainly not convinced TN Republicans are any more adamant as a group regarding our state rights than TN Dems. At all.

- OS Edited by OhShoot