1 bottle cheap red wine
1/4 cup dark rum or brandy
1/2 cup sugar
5 whole cloves
8 cinnamon sticks
1 lemon

Simmer above ingredients for 15 mins to 1/2 hour
Squeeze then slice whole lemon into hot gluewein...serve in a coffee cup with
one lemon slice and one cinnamon stick in each cup.

PERFECT for a cold or brisk winter evening, morning or actually anytime, LOL

Simmer Edited by barewoolf
[quote name='dralarms' timestamp='1352765590' post='844538']
Not entering but:

Cheesey Chicken

2 cups of macroni, bring water to a boil dump the macroni in for 2 minutes and drain

Extra Sharp cheddar cheese, I used about 12 oz. use whatever is to your liking

2 cups of chicken, cubed into 1" squares, I used 1 whole boneless chicken breast

2 cans of cream of mushroom soup

1 1/2 cups of milk

2 small cooking onions

mix the cream of mushroom soup, milk and onions together until creamy, layer the precooked mac onto the bottom of a 9 x 13 pan, then add the chicken, make sure you have enough chicken to cover the mac, then add the cheese, again add enough to cover the chicken, biw add the mushroom soup mixture on top of that, do not mix. Bake at 350 for 30 minutes or until soup is bubbly. This is optional but add another layer of cheese on top of casserole when you take it out of the oven.
[/quote]

I just made dralrms cheesy chicken and it ROCKED !!!! dralarms gets an A+ . Here is a picture of it ......

[IMG]http://i768.photobucket.com/albums/xx328/tercel89/chesseychicken.jpg[/IMG]
Cajun Deep fried Turkey

14lb turkey
1 bottle Tony sacheries Butter Jalepenos cajun Injection
2gallons peanut oil

heat oil to 375
inject turkey
drop in oil for 45 minutes and delicious Edited by jtmaze

Let me start by saying I could live in my kitchen, lol. As someone who was raised "old school" by my now dearly departed grandmother, cast iron, pressure cookers/canners,and using LARD in its many forms doesn't make me flinch. Considering the stuff they use in modern food it's funny how people cringe at the above mentioned when you speak of it. Oh but I could write a book about that, lol. Alas, cool thing you're doing Triple Digit Ride and since I am currently cultivating my baking skills atm I will throw out a quick and easy one for anyone that loves bread and eggs in one simple handheld treat :)

[b]POPOVERS[/b]

[b]4 large eggs at room temp [/b]
[b]1 1/2 cups milk (whole,skim,etc.- just remember the more fat in the milk the richer the taste)[/b]
[b]salt (this is adjustable. I use 1/2 teaspoon sea salt )
1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
3 tablespoons melted butter[/b]

[b]Preheat your oven to 450. While a popover pan makes these suckers get some real air time a 12 cup muffin pan works just as well. Spray it down lightly with cooking spray or grease it up with a little melted butter on a paper towel. You can also use muffin liners but unless you eat the paper its thats just a waste of tasty, lol.[/b]

[b]I like simplicity so if you have a blender then drag it out. Add your eggs milk and salt and blend on low speed until everything is one pale yellow, slightly frothy mixture. Add in your flour and blend once again until smooth. If your blender has a lid with a access hole for adding things while on the go then slowly add in your melted butter while blending on the lowest setting. 10-15 seconds should be all it takes to incorporate the butter. If you don't have the hole simply dump in the butter and pulse ( turn on and off) the blender 15 times or so to insure the butter is mixed in well.[/b]

[b]Fill your cups 3/4 of the way full and place pan on a lower rack in the oven. Its crucial you place them in the lower 1/3 of your oven but not the last position closest to the bottom element. I go to the second notch up from the bottom. Bake 20 minutes and DO NOT open the oven door. While they are more durable once they're finished, in the baking phase a sudden change in temp can deflate them leaving you with a limpover not a popover, lol. After 20 minutes reduce your oven temp to 350 and continue to cook for another 10-15 minutes. If it looks as though the tops are getting more browned than they need to then take a pan ( I prefer a large pizza pan) or cookie sheet and place it on the next rack up. This will help to stop the tops from being burned.[/b]

[b]At this point you should have on hand your favorite jam, jelly, fruit butter, maple syrup, etc because the best time to consume these is immediately out of the oven. Take one out, tear it apart, and enjoy !![/b]

And while there isn't a lot of room to make a healthier version of these I do have a recipe for those watching their waistline. It incorporates almond milk, different flour, butter substitutes, etc. I've managed to lose 100 lbs. over the last 2 1/2 years and have learned there are several ways to skin a cat....and most of them are quite tasty :)

Someone try it and let me know what they think !!

Marcel

Here are two recipes that I enjoy. The first is a party snack/desert and the second is great when using deer sausage (Holidays mean deer hunting).

Chocolate Chip Cheese Ball (and Graham crackers) (~32 servings (yeah right)) unknown

1 (8 oz) package cream cheese,softened

½ cup of butter,softened

¾ cup confectioners’sugar

2 tablespoons brown sugar

¼ teaspoon vanilla extract

¾ cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips

¾ cup finely chopped pecans

1. Beat together cream cheese and butter until smooth,mix in confectioners’ sugar,brown sugar and vanilla. Stir in chocolate chips. Cover and chill in refrigerator for 2 hours. (works best in a metal bowl) 2. Shape chilled mixture into a ball. Wrap with plastic and chill another hour. 3. Roll cheese ball in finely chopped pecans and serve with graham crackers.

I mix the pecans in the ball instead of rolling it. It is easier,and I also chill in the freezer instead of the refrigerator.

Hogs in a Sleeping Bag (Paula Deen) also known as an oversized pig in a blanket.

16 Ounces of sausage (you want enough to have 6 pieces approximately 4 inches long).

2 sheets of puff pastry,thawed and lightly rolled out (you can also use crescent rolls)

1 egg

Serving sauces to taste.

Preheat oven to 400°F

If using pastry cut into thirds (six strips) or use two triangles of crescent rolls and roll sausage into puff pastry/crescent roll. Place on baking sheet

Beat egg and brush generously over pastry.

Bake for about 20 minutes or until pastry is golden brown

Happy holidays and good hunting!
[size=3][color="#000000"]Haven't seen much in the line of desserts so here's my favorite cookie![/color][/size]

1 cup of white sugar
[color="#000000"][size=2]1 cup of softened butter[/size][/color]
2 eggs
[color="#000000"][size=2]1 cup packed brown sugar[/size][/color]
3 cups all purpose flour
[color=#000000][font=Verdana, Arial, sans-serif][size=2]2 teaspoons vanilla extract[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#000000][font=Verdana, Arial, sans-serif][size=2]1 teaspoon of baking soda[/size][/font][/color]
1/2 teaspoon of salt
[color=#000000][font=Verdana, Arial, sans-serif][size=2]2 teaspoons of hot water[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#000000][font=Verdana, Arial, sans-serif][size=2]2 cups of chocolate chips[/size][/font][/color]
[color="#000000"][size=2]1 cup of chopped walnuts[/size][/color]

[b] Directions[/b]
[color=#666666][font=Verdana, Arial, sans-serif][size=2]
[list]
[*][color=#4E4E4F]Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).[/color]
[*][color=#4E4E4F]Cream together the butter, white sugar, and brown sugar until smooth. Beat in the eggs one at a time, then stir in the vanilla. Dissolve baking soda in hot water. Add to batter along with salt. Stir in flour, chocolate chips, and nuts. Drop by large spoonfuls onto ungreased pans.[/color]
[*][color=#4E4E4F]Bake for about 10 minutes in the preheated oven, or until edges are nicely browned.[/color]
[/list][/size][/font][/color]
Guest rebeldrummer
Grilled Pork Chops w/ some good fixins'...

Ingredients

1 cup light brown sugar

1 cup soy sauce

1 cup orange juice

1/2 cup spicy brown mustard

1/3 cup honey

2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce

2 tablespoons ground black pepper

1 tablespoon ground cumin

8 pork chops, 1/2 to 1 inch thick

1 lime, juiced

1/2 cup butter

1 tablespoon light brown sugar, or to taste

2 tablespoons ground cinnamon

4 large green apples - peeled, cored, and cut into eighths

4 Bartlett pears - peeled, cored, and cut into eighths

Directions

In a large bowl, mix together 1 cup brown sugar, soy sauce, orange juice, brown mustard, honey, Worcestershire sauce, black pepper, and cumin until thoroughly combined and the sugar has dissolved. Place the pork chops into the marinade, and spoon marinade to cover the chops. Let stand at room temperature for 45 minutes to 1 hour.

Preheat an outdoor grill for medium-high heat, and lightly oil the grate.

Remove the chops from the marinade, and discard marinade. Shake any excess drops of liquid from the chops, and grill until they are browned, no longer pink inside, and show good grill marks, about 8 minutes per side. Squeeze lime juice over the chops as they grill. An instant-read meat thermometer inserted into the thickest part of a chop should read at least 145 degrees F (63 degrees C).

Melt butter in a large skillet over high heat, then stir in 1 tablespoon of brown sugar and cinnamon; bring the mixture to a boil, stirring to dissolve the sugar. Stir in the apple and pear slices, and cook, stirring often, until the fruit is coated with the butter mixture and softened but not mushy, about 5 minutes. Transfer the apple and pear slices to a grilling basket.

Grill the fruit on the outdoor grill until the slices are browned, about 5 more minutes. Serve grilled fruit with pork chops.
Sausage Dip

[u]Ingredients[/u]
1 lb of [u]hot[/u] sausage (TN Pride is my favorite)
2oz of chopped pimento
8oz sour cream
¼ cup of mayo
¼ cup of shredded parmesan cheese
5 green scallons
Box of table serving crackers to be used at the time of serving

[u]Directions[/u][list]
[*]Brown the sausage and drain/blot grease from the sausage
[*]Cut/Chop the green onions, (hold one onion out to use later as a topping)
[*]Preheat oven to 350° F
[*]Mix all the ingredients thoroughly in a oven safe bowl that can be covered
[*]Cover and put in oven. Stir occasionally. Heat until slightly bubbling
[*]Remove when hot enough and do a final stir
[*]Sprinkle the one chopped green onion on top for added decoration
[*]Serve with crackers as a dip
[/list]
This is Turkish dish called plov

All ingredients should be measured by volume. I use the containers from pudding to measure volume. Assume 1 full container as one part.
Every next ingredient goes on the top of previous. Do not steer the water and ingredients. Good plov consists of layers
1. Bring 8 parts of water in a pot to boiling
2. Use this time to slice raw carrot into thin pieces. Make 8 parts and dump them into the boiling water
3. Keep the water slowly boiling for 8 minutes
4. Add 4 parts of rice.
5. Keep the water slowly boiling for 8 minutes
6. Add 4 parts of raisins.
7. Keep the water slowly boiling for 8 minutes
8. Use this time to crash walnuts. Make 2 parts
9. Add crashed walnuts. Turn off the burner. Cover the pot with the lid.
10. Wait 8 minutes.
11. Open the lid. Plov already completely absorbed the water
12. Pour the honey on the top. Serve with cake spatula in layers.

Enjoy
First of all, I would like to thank everyone who participated in this giveaway. We had 21 eligible participants, and the 3 winners who were chosen by random drawing are....

[size=5][color=#ff0000][b]1) Trekbike[/b][/color][/size]

[size=5][color=#ff0000][b]2) 10-Ring [/b][/color][/size]

[size=5][color=#ff0000][b]3) Will H[/b][/color][/size]

[size=5][size=4]Congratulations to all three of you.[/size][/size]

[size=5][size=4]Thank you again for playing.[/size][/size] Edited by TripleDigitRide