Picked up a Glock Today... never saw it happen

Guest sling

Guest sling

I should probably put an Ashley big dot on it... cuz if i dont "I wont stand a chance on the street."

Thanks for the recommendation Ghost... when i get the cojones i might try that. :D

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually I always said the little sign they put up was worded terribly. That case has some LE only stuff in it (Glocks, Smiths, and the like), but we ran out of room in the old HK/Sig case and since the HK's dont move as well as the Sigs, they got the boot to the other side of the room :D. However, I'll let em know to take that stupid sign out of there and I'll write one up myself.

Guest sling

Daniel,

I cant remember the name of the gentleman. It was probably around 1:30 or so on Saturday. Kudos to whoever it was... great guy to work with btw. Him and the gaming\movie geek. Longer haired semi shaggy fellow.

Guest bkelm18

Went to a local shop to look at some Glocks thinking that maybe my tastes have changed since I lest held one a few years ago. Not really. Still felt like I was gripping a 2x4. Oh well. To each their own, I suppose.

Guest sling

I actually just purchased new sights as well as 3.5 connector...to play with. I'll post how it goes. When it gets here...

I accidently selected USPS instead of UPS when i ordered from Midway. Doh!

Edited by sling
Guest NormShaver

well, you purchasing the g19 has almost lead me to getting a g17, i am really looking fwd to see how the 3.5 works for you as well. thanks again for the updates/

Once you get used to the "feel" of the trigger, they're hard to beat. I will say though, they're not for everyone. Some (usually 1911 guys, but not always) find the grip angle and trigger "feel" to be too different from they are used to.

I like the grip angle because, for me, it makes the pistol point a little higher.

Guest sling

Alright, got my 3.5 connector and Heinie sights in yesterday. Installed the connector and polished the contact points. The trigger is a lot smoother and breaks cleaner than stock. The Heinie sights seem to be a lot higher than the stock glock sights. The rear sight took forever to get on with a punch due to the fact that the dovetails was a smidge too large. Ended up having a problem when reassembling the receiver with the slide stop. The stupid spring wouldn't get under the top pin and i had problems with the stop being too high. This resulted in keeping the slide open with no magazine insert...nor could the slide be released by pulling the slide back. Balls.

I finally got the spring to stay down. Havent shot with the new sights yet but i'm sure it will be promising.