Decided I wanted to get a Heavy Caliber Revolver

Guest TankerHC

Guest TankerHC
Only one revolver in the house and its not even mine its hers. Plenty of SA's, decided I wanted one but didnt want to spend a lot of money, on recommendations found one of these on GunsAmerica and the guy was local.

Ruger Super Redhawk in .454 Casull, 7 1/2" barrel. Only problem I had was finding ammo for it. Off the shelf was able to get some 300gr, but wanted some of them 360gr Bear Loads, ordered some from online, still waiting.

Got a really good price on it, came with some lighter loads. Only about 12 rounds through it before I bought it.

[img]http://i215.photobucket.com/albums/cc56/tankerhc/Guns/DSC_0110.jpg[/img] Edited by TankerHC
  • Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest TankerHC
[quote name='zgunbear' timestamp='1353028324' post='846266']
Looks nice.
But I think I'll stick with my SW 625.
454 hurts my body too much [color=#ff0000]especially the wallet[/color]
[/quote]

Mine too. At nearly a buck fifty a round the thing costs more to shoot than .50 AE.
Guest Papabear
[quote name='TankerHC' timestamp='1353040318' post='846375']
Mine too. At nearly a buck fifty a round the thing costs more to shoot than .50 AE.
[/quote]

But remember it will also shoot .45 Long Colt ammo just as well. I am a big fan of the .454 its a great hunting round I have taken many hogs with mine over the years.
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I sold my 7 1/2" Super Redhawk in 454  to a TGO member in the early spring with reloading dies and then bought a 9 1/2" Super Redhawk in 44 mag.

It is alot more plesant to shoot, rounds are cheaper, and has good knock-down power. When I was younger, I could take the heavier recoil.

Good luck with your 454!!!!!!!!!!!

Guest TankerHC

There is a guy on one of our local Gun Sales FB Groups that has a Smith .500 Mag with a 14 inch barrel for sale. If Im going to go with a 14 inch barrel, before I buy a revolver that is as nearly as long as a carbine, Ill just buy a carbine.