What's The Best IWB Tuckable Holster & Do They Work?

Guest DarylDixon

Guest DarylDixon

I'm new to carrying and I prefer to carry inside the waist band. Unfortunately I have to tuck my shirt in at work. I have seen different holsters online that claim to be "tuckable" IWB holsters.

Has anyone tried one of these?

If so, what has been your experience?

Could people see that you were carrying?

Would you recommend? And if so, which one?

Thanks for your help :hat:

Guest DarylDixon
My concern with the Crossbreed is that in pictures I can't see that it would sit low enough to not be seen when I tuck in, but I'm not that familiar. Is that anything to be concerned about?
[quote name='DarylDixon' timestamp='1353096288' post='846761']
My concern with the Crossbreed is that in pictures I can't see that it would sit low enough to not be seen when I tuck in, but I'm not that familiar. Is that anything to be concerned about?
[/quote]

I know a skinny guy who carries a Sig 226 or 1911 14 hrs a day and usually has a polo shirt tucked in over it. No one knows he carries. The Crossbreed is adjustable for height and cant as well. It can sit 3/4 or more below the pant line. Not the best way because it's hard to draw with so little to grip above the pant line, but it's doable.
Any of the Crossbreed type holsters work well. Solid color shirts tend to print more. When I tuck a patterned shirt in over mine it disappears. The fact that they have two anchor points really pulls the gun in close and helps in concealment. Also I carry a Glock 23.

I personally have a Galco King Tuk but have used Crossbreed and Kholster. Some folks swear by the Comp-Tac Minotaurs. Depending on what gun you carry the Galco's are already made so you don't have to wait a month to get it.
Guest NashvegasMatt
[quote name='leroy' timestamp='1353104085' post='846836']
Do any "round men" use the "supertuck"? If so, how's it workin out for ya?

leroy
[/quote]

hahaha... well, im not particularly round, but It's all about the placement of the holster as well... I'm a 5:30 guy myself... i know plenty of 3:00 people though. even a handful of 2:30's
[quote name='Runco' timestamp='1353104245' post='846837']
If round means like +300lbs, yes it works great for me (Crossbreed), just wear at the 5pm position.
[/quote]
[quote name='NashvegasMatt' timestamp='1353172461' post='847226']
hahaha... well, im not particularly round, but It's all about the placement of the holster as well... I'm a 5:30 guy myself... i know plenty of 3:00 people though. even a handful of 2:30's
[/quote]

Thanks guys. Ive got a pretty good Andrews holster that works fair; but it's pretty narrow . My problem is gettin one to work in the 5:30 neighborhood. I cant seem to find the sweet spot right in the kidney region. I always get pinched a bit. Matts post about the placement of the holster is dead on. What always happens to me is i buy a pretty good holster thinkin i can make it work; try it and get a bit uncomfortable; and wind up carrying the glocks in my hip pocket at the end of all the holster buying. Exactly where i started to begin with, only poorer by the cost of the most recent holster. I've got andrews leather, bullard, el paso, and everything else ya can think of. I havent tried the crossbreed (...or one of their clones yet...). I always wind up carryin the baby glocks in my hip pocket or overall jacket pocket. It's a sickeness, i guess.

Thanks a bunch.
leroy
Leroy, since you've spent a lot on holsters already, to save some $, buy a kit from Old Faithful holsters. The stage 3 kit is $39 with the std leather. All you do is assemble it. Check out stage 1 and 2 as well.

While researching holsters, I read on another forum where even Crossbreed is not the original maker of the hybrid leather/kydex design, but they have been the most successful and everyone recognizes them as the originator. Theis Holsters is another alternative, but the cheapest way to try this style out is Old Faithful.

[quote name='S&WForty' timestamp='1353178290' post='847258']
Leroy, since you've spent a lot on holsters already, to save some $, buy a kit from Old Faithful holsters. The stage 3 kit is $39 with the std leather. All you do is assemble it. Check out stage 1 and 2 as well.

While researching holsters, I read on another forum where even Crossbreed is not the original maker of the hybrid leather/kydex design, but they have been the most successful and everyone recognizes them as the originator. Theis Holsters is another alternative, but the cheapest way to try this style out is Old Faithful.
[/quote]

Thanks S&W; ill take a look and probably send them some dollars too.

leroy
  • 1 month later...
Guest TennToTwo

I've got Crossbreed Supertuck for my Springfiled Armory XD-45.  Great holster.  After I got my Ruger SR9c I started looking at holsters again and came across White Hat holsters.  Ended up buying one of these.  They are cheaper than Crossbreed, equal in material and workmanship but the thing I liked the best about these is that if I want to get one for anohter gun all I have to do is buy the kydex part.  I can use the same leather piece that is now broken in very nicely and just swap the kydex out.  White Hat uses Chicago screws instead of rivets to hold the two parts together making it interchangeable.  Doing this even saves you MORE money. 

Check out White Hat Holsters.  I'm very pelase.  Think you will be too.  Love the J-hooks on these as well.

• 2 weeks later...

I have a Crossbreed SuperTuck and a D.M. Bullard Dual Carry both for my M&P Compact. They both carry well.  I prefer the D.M. Bullard because it is leather and Kydex sucks. I don’t use either of them tucked though.

My experience with Crossbreed CS was excellent. I left my holster in the car at work and it melted. They replaced it with a new one.

The Crossbreed can be used with my fullsize or Compact M&P either one. The Dual Carry is closed on the end and can only be used with the compact.

I have had a Kholster and a Crossbread. The Kholster was better with its metal clips and smooth leather back. The crosses on the Crossbread standout and draw attention and I was able to wear the kholster's clips behind the belt for better concealment. I actually ended up going strictly to OWB and pocket carry. I'm really conscious about how I look and with a tucked in shirt it made me look like I was 20lbs larger than I really was. I also realized with IWB I was not as fast at drawing as I thought I was.
Check out www.concealmentsolutions.com. Great holsters. I have one to carry IWB and the more I use it, the less I feel it's there. It molds to your body and is very comfortable. I added the horse hide option which is thinner then natural leather used on crossbreed and other holsters. Really nice guy that makes them, can't remember his name, turn around time was pretty quick too. First heard about them from the Handgun Podcast.
I've got a Galco ultimate second amendment for a glock 26 I carry bout 5 0clock and love it very comfortable and sits low can't see it at all with the j hook