Kimber ultra carry II, I didnt buy it, did I mess up?

Guest Rando

Guest Rando

I really want it in a .40 but the price on this one was $750 out the door, did I blow it or not? I really love the look and feel of this gun but the .45 just isnt one of my favorites. I mean how much difference is there between the .40 and the .45 but in the end you can usually carry more rounds in the .40 and the ammo is a little cheaper. I have a Ruger P94, 9mm with the decock and saftey that I thought about trading on it but it is the first handgun that I ever bought for myself so it is kind of hard to part with and it looks fresh off of the shelf. I was wondering if anyone has had any problems with the Kimbers and is it really that hard to come by spare mags for them?

Thanks, Rando:screwy:

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Centennial

Kimber 1911 pistols are great handguns. The 45 ACP is one of the very best defensive handgun rounds available. Some would say the 45 IS the best. I am among them. The 40 S&W is also a fine cartridge and as you mentioned is a bit more affordable. Magazines for the Kimbers are readily available. They use the same ones as other similar sized 1911 versions. I use Wilson magazines and have no issues.

Guest Boomhower
Ithe price on this one was $750 out the door, did I blow it or not?

If that price was NIB, then I'd say yes...you are excused to go and kick yourself now! :(

You'll not find them for that price on a regualr basis. I thought about buying one myself, but my hands are far too big for the grip. If you really like it, go back. Also, you could check out the EMP. They are more expensive, but very similar to the Kimber. You can get a 9mm, .40, or the .45. Sweet little gun.

Guest EasilyObsessed

3" 1911's have a much higher likelihood of having problems. Id say you made the right decision passing on it.

I have been carrying the ultra carry for almost 4 years and I will probably carry it for a long time to come. The only reason I would quit carrying it is if I found a pro carry for less than $700.

If the one you looked at was a stainless steel it's a great price.

If you don't like the .45 ACP you should go back to the USSR

Guest Engloid

If this is a regular shop, tell me where it is. Newport is close enough to ride to in order to get it for that price. I'd love to get one, but now isn't the best time for me to do it. I just had to buy a bed, dishwasher, disposal, and a caught a deal on some motorcycle leathers...all in the last few weeks.

I have had the Kimber Ultra Carry II now for 6 months and love it! Mags are easy to come by and about 23 bucks each...So far the only ammo that it hasn't ate was Federal Eagle...Mike.357 told me about the Blazer Brass and Boomhower shot the PMC through it the other day and didn't have a FTF or any other problems...I gave a little more than $750 for it so I'd say HECK of a deal!!! GO BACK and get it before it gets gone if you like the 1911...

Now, on another note, The EMP 9mm that Boomhower has is SSSAAAAWWWEEETTTT!!!! :( That gun feels like a million bucks in your hand!!! So it's all on what you like best...If you ever see a NIB EMP for $750 you better jerk their arm off!!!!! :D Good Luck!!

Guest sling

If you don't like the .45 ACP you should go back to the USSR

Meh.:(

Been there done that. I kinda hate the .45 actually.

Oh wait..*ahem* the topic. Right. Those Kimber Ultra Carry's are a nice piece of work. However.. as a few people have stated.. 3" barrel + .40 = problems.

Guest atomemphis

many many people have had 3" 1911's from Kimber work flawlessly. I've had no personal experience with a person who had the problems themselves. Lots of people on the internet have heard of problems though. ;)

I would want a steel frame.

And 45 is a great round, you schmuck!

Magazines are easy to come by, they are 1911 mags. Officers grip length for that one. Piece o' cake! Tripp Research is still my favorite, though many people just run standard Mec-Gar or equal.

Wolff makes magazines for the 1911, not sure about officers grip length though.