Mossberg MVP Predator

Pengnpup

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Pengnpup' timestamp='1353192255' post='847326']
Consistently shot 3-4 shot groups that you could cover with a quarter.
[/quote]
At what range with what glass?
I bought one of these a few months ago and haven’t even shot it yet.
Love the idea but curios about the execution. From what I remember there is a "flap" on the bolt that comes down as it opens to facilitate striping a round out of the mag. The only thing I'm worried about is if the "flap" were to break would I need a new bolt or could they fix it up or what? Never seen one in person so maybe it's robust enough not to be an issue?

Either way I'm thinking the MVP seems like a great idea for a varmint/zombie get rid of er.
[quote name='TrickyNicky' timestamp='1353217696' post='847494']
Love the idea but curios about the execution. From what I remember there is a "flap" on the bolt that comes down as it opens to facilitate striping a round out of the mag. The only thing I'm worried about is if the "flap" were to break would I need a new bolt or could they fix it up or what? Never seen one in person so maybe it's robust enough not to be an issue?

Either way I'm thinking the MVP seems like a great idea for a varmint/zombie get rid of er.
[/quote]

i don't think you have to worry about it breaking. It is more like a scoop. I have only had the rifle two weeks and put close to 600 rounds through it. Not a single issue
Good to know. My brother was wanting a bolt gun he could trick out a bit maybe I'll point him in the MVP direction. I'm thinking some nice glass, a bipod and a few pmags and that would be a good little gun.

What's the twist rate in those? We can only shoot out to 100 yards at CHMR but it would be nice to know we could launch those heavier rounds out to 400-500.
[quote name='TrickyNicky' timestamp='1353290019' post='847908']
Good to know. My brother was wanting a bolt gun he could trick out a bit maybe I'll point him in the MVP direction. I'm thinking some nice glass, a bipod and a few pmags and that would be a good little gun.

What's the twist rate in those? We can only shoot out to 100 yards at CHMR but it would be nice to know we could launch those heavier rounds out to 400-500.
[/quote]

Twist is 1:9, so you will will need to stay under 70gr and try anything over 63gr before you invest in a lot of ammo.
Anything under 63gr should be fine. Of course you may already know all this stuff.
I just bought (but haven't received) the MVP Predator with 18.5 inch barrel for $490 total cost, free shipping, from Kentucky Gun Company on-line. It has the traditional stock, not the bench rest style, which I may also buy someday. It just seems like a great idea to use AR-15 mags in a bolt rifle, and it looks really good. I want to compare performance to my Mini 14, which also shoots .223 and looks about the same size, although semi-auto of course.
[quote name='Johnm251' timestamp='1353769721' post='850020']
I just bought (but haven't received) the MVP Predator with 18.5 inch barrel for $490 total cost, free shipping, from Kentucky Gun Company on-line. It has the traditional stock, not the bench rest style, which I may also buy someday. It just seems like a great idea to use AR-15 mags in a bolt rifle, and it looks really good. I want to compare performance to my Mini 14, which also shoots .223 and looks about the same size, although semi-auto of course.
[/quote]
its a loud little rifle. But man it is accurate
Ill be interested to see how these hold up. I'm sure they will be fine but the one I played with in the store just seemed flimsy. Like when you cycle the bolt, the bolt is wobbly and hangs down. Nothing like my 700 that is solid, no matter where the bolt is. I like the concept, a lot! But I would rather see it from Remington.

Or maybe a Ruger Gunsite .223.