Take a Liberal Shooting Campaign

Guest Fingersoup

Guest Fingersoup

[size=4][color=#2F4F4F][font=tahoma,geneva,sans-serif]I would like to purpose an idea that I have regarding protecting our 2a rights..[/font][/color]

[color=#2F4F4F][font=tahoma,geneva,sans-serif]I call it the ‘[/font][b]Take a Liberal Shooting Campaign[/b][font=tahoma,geneva,sans-serif]’. [size=2]All the pro gun liberals on here can flame me for my catchy title but you can’t deny that most of the opposition comes from that party affiliation. I also want to add a disclaimer that I disagree with a large extent of the current republican policies and that they have a lot of their own problems too.. I don’t fall into the blind party left right paradigm.[/size] =)[/font][/color][color=#2F4F4F][font=tahoma,geneva,sans-serif] [/font][/color]

[color=#2F4F4F][font=tahoma,geneva,sans-serif]I spend a lot of my free time following current events and reading news articles and forums and I think that I finally understand why a majority of the people who are so anti gun have that attitude.. While there is a few that outright embrace tyrannical control and victim-ism, the majority of the people that oppose guns do so on the grounds of ignorance and a genuine irrational fear of them. They have never shot a gun in their life and have the scary ‘black gun’ mentality because of it. [/font][/color]

[color=#2F4F4F][font=tahoma,geneva,sans-serif]My whole point of writing this is that I have realized there is no arguing logic or liberty with these people – you can’t force someone to be a free.. but I do have a possible solution.[/font][/color]

[color=#2F4F4F][font=tahoma,geneva,sans-serif]I’m betting money that if they ever had a chance to slay some melons/soda bottles/even paper targets that they would become addicted if not at least change their opinion and become supportive of firearms. I want to encourage those of you that ever encounter someone that is anti guns (or even someone neutral on the issue) to ask them to go shooting with you. Don’t worry; you’ll be wearing ear protection so you won’t have to listen to them. :x:[color=#2F4F4F][font=tahoma,geneva,sans-serif] [/font][/color]Obviously you will want to stress safety and try your best to make it a positive experience so that they will come away with the understanding that the vast majority of gun owners are responsible and pose no threat to society… and that it’s fun as hell to shoot stuff. [/font][/color][/size]

[size=4][color=#2F4F4F][font=tahoma,geneva,sans-serif]Like I said on a previous post, [/font][/color][color=#2f4f4f]there is a very powerful and determined group that is in opposition to this freedom we so value[/color].[color=#2F4F4F][font=tahoma,geneva,sans-serif] (There is also a mass of [/font][/color][/size][size=4][color=#2F4F4F][font=tahoma,geneva,sans-serif][size=4][color=#2F4F4F][font=tahoma,geneva,sans-serif]well intentioned [/font][/color][/size]people, ignorant and fearful of guns, that are willing to be guided by the [/font][/color][/size][size=4][color=#2F4F4F][font=tahoma,geneva,sans-serif][size=4][color=#2f4f4f]opposition[/color][/size].) You would have to live under a rock to not believe your rights are under political attack. So, i[/font][/color][/size][size=4][color=#2F4F4F][font=tahoma,geneva,sans-serif]f you enjoy shooting and would like to continue to be able to do so, then you have the obligation to contribute in the effort against gun control. [/font][/color][/size]

[size=4][color=#2F4F4F][font=tahoma,geneva,sans-serif]If you don't have the [/font][/color][/size][color=#2f4f4f]initiative[/color][size=4][color=#2F4F4F][font=tahoma,geneva,sans-serif] to get politically active then at least t[/font][/color][/size][size=4][color=#2F4F4F][font=tahoma,geneva,sans-serif]ake every chance you get to be a ‘firearm ambassador’. We really need more allies and one more pro 2[sup]nd[/sup] is likely one less potential anti 2[sup]nd[/sup] voter. The best way to win a battle is to get the enemy on your side. [/font][/color][/size]

[size=4][color=#2F4F4F][font=tahoma,geneva,sans-serif]Reading something is easier than putting it into practice but it’s as simple as hearing someone making an uninformed comment about guns and asking them in a non condescending way ‘have you ever shot one before?’ – ‘do you want to shoot one?’ Promise them you won’t let it bite them.[/font][/color][/size] :yuck:

Guest Fingersoup
[quote name='gjohnsoniv' timestamp='1354037527' post='851387']
I've already done this. Twice with a friend from Chicago and another friend from home. Nothing an AK and AR won't fix.
[/quote]

Good for you! It worked right?

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhh... The 'liberal' gets to [i]shoot[/i] the gun, not stand out there and hold the target. Now I get it. ;)

Joking aside, it does work. When they see it's not a big scary gun with arms and legs that controls itself, but the person holding it is in control, a lightbulb usually goes off. Not to mention it's a LOT of fun!

• Like 2
Been there done that. It's gratifying when after they tell you how much fun it is they start asking where to go buy one and what the best bang for the buck is.

The only thing better IMO is getting a young person interested in the sport and started off safely.
  • Like 1

It's worked for me once (too bad she's still a Democrat :puke: ). I think I might potential have two more victims this Sunday. No better way to entice liberal audio engineering students than by recording gun shots for sound effects! :cool:

Guest Fingersoup

[quote name='Q-tip' timestamp='1354065815' post='851680']
It's worked for me once (too bad she's still a Democrat :puke: ). I think I might potential have two more victims this Sunday. No better way to entice liberal audio engineering students than by recording gun shots for sound effects! :cool:
[/quote] Make sure they get a chance to shoot - it's empowering and addictive..

Replace "liberal" with "non-shooter" and you've got a winner. There are also plenty of people who are ambivalent to our 2nd Amendment rights and they are just as dangerous. Shooters tend to be white, conservative males by a large margin. So if you have friends that don't fit into that category take them too. Take every person you know that is willing and able to hold a firearm and point it in a safe direction.

I have found, at least for me, that guns were an introduction to freedom in general. When I saw what people would resort to in order to remove my 2nd Amendment rights I began to see what they were doing to remove my other rights as well. Come to think of it maybe that isn't such a good thing. Ignorance is bliss, you know.
  • Like 2
  • 3 weeks later...
Guest Fingersoup

Bumping this thread as it is now more relevant than ever..

My liberal sister-in-law from Pennsylvania wants me to take her. Maybe it's time.

Did you do it? =)

• 3 weeks later...

None can deny: a gun-toting, gun-rights-minded democrat is a good thing, and something that is essential in the battles we face to kill much of the ill conceived gun legislation coming down the pike. These are allies infiltrating enemy ranks. While still a democrat, I purposed it in my heart to become a responsible, law-abiding gun owner. Having never shot a gun, I bought one and qualified for my HCP. Since then, it's been consistent, dedicated, training and practice.

What can I say? Gun ownership has a way of shifting one's worldview to a more freedom-oriented perspective. For me personally, there was an "ah-ha" moment along the line. I am responsible for my own safety, as well as that of my loved ones, and even innocents in harm's way. The government cannot, and does not, fill this role well. This is a God-given responsibility. It is backed up by a God-given right. The Constitution testifies to this right. There are people who would (to their own detriment) nullify this right for themselves and everyone else for political expediency, or out of sheer ignorance. Along the same lines of thinking, there are a lot of laws for "the greater good" that are very authoritarian, unjust, and in general an encroachment upon individual rights. Seat belt laws, helmet laws, etc., come to mind.

As it stands today, I am an example of what I used to call the political unicorn: a Constitutionally minded, gun toting, freedom loving, Black conservative. Kind of cracks me up, actually. And this came to be through stepping out into the unknown wilderness of the "gun culture" to mine if for all it had to offer. Great people, tasty freedom, lots of fun, self-reliance.

I've got a LONG list of people to take to the range, most of them liberals. So far, every single person I've taken really enjoyed the experience and is interested in getting a permit. Whether they become conservative or republican doesn't matter to me. What matters is that they taste, in some measure, the freedom they've been missing. That is never a bad thing. The rest will follow.

Edited by GeminII
  • Like 1
Guest 6.8 AR

Good idea. I've always been on the pro side of guns, but I was scared of them before I took an interest and started learning about them. I can understand how people with no experience with them can easily be made into anti-gun by all the rhetoric.

Yeh, you have to convince them it is similar to a Cuisinart. Just another tool. :D