Two permit holders pull guns on each other in road rage incident

[url="http://www.newschannel5.com/story/20199124/dangerous-road-rage-spills-over-into-crowded-mall"]http://www.newschannel5.com/story/20199124/dangerous-road-rage-spills-over-into-crowded-mall[/url]

The incident started with two angry drivers speeding off I-24 and down Old Fort Parkway and to the Stones River Mall in Murfreesboro. When they got to the mall, one driver jumped out of the car and pulled a gun inside a parking lot crowded with shoppers.

Police also said the two angry drivers did have proper permits for their weapons, but used incredibly bad judgment. They weren't arrested at the scene, but both could end up facing aggravate assault charges.
Guest Cogent Design
The cutting off was an accident (or so the article makes it sound like). The guy who pulled the gun first is an idiot. The second seems like self defense.
Guest Lester Weevils

Yep plenty of foolery to go around but if somebody pulls a gun on ya it makes no sense on the spur of the moment to inquire of the fella whether he has a carry permit. :)

I wasn't there, but I could easily see how this story could read one angry driver and the other a case for self defense. I would like to know which driver was following the other to the mall.

I don't think there is a person here who wouldn't draw if you we're followed and they pulled a gun.
[quote name='D3vo' timestamp='1354108653' post='851837']

Not true. Only one person needed. The other is sometimes called the victim.[/quote]

Yep. Been chased down before by a crazy lady who was convinced I cursed at her. Never saw her van before and my windows we're up. She blocked me in in a Walmart parking lot and got out of her van to scream at me like a loon. Coulda ended a lot differently if that were a dude.
[quote name='TMF' timestamp='1354109409' post='851841']
Yep. Been chased down before by a crazy lady who was convinced I cursed at her. Never saw her van before and my windows we're up. She blocked me in in a Walmart parking lot and got out of her van to scream at me like a loon. Coulda ended a lot differently if that were a dude.
[/quote]

If they're holding a gun or driving a large vehicle, their gender is irrelevant.
[quote name='BryanP' timestamp='1354115557' post='851888']

If they're holding a gun or driving a large vehicle, their gender is irrelevant.[/quote]

Roger. The point being had it been a man I would have interpreted her behavior as being a threat rather than just a loony woman,
I have a good friend who politically seems on the fence about people carrying he sees the pros still shes a lot of cons. His wife thinks that anybody that carries is "trying to be a cowboy." Her brother and sister in law carry and do so irresponsibly. The SIL was recently in a drive thru where she got irritated at the car in front of her so she got out of her vehicle walked up to the vehicle in front of her and announced "I have a gun and a permit to use it, get out of my way!" Morons! I hate that fence sitters are exposed to idiots like this and think that we are all that way. I did explain to my friend that that is not the intention of a carry permit and that a responsible permit holder is only going to reveal that they have a gun if their life is truly in danger. He does acknowledge that his inlaws are pretty stupid.
[quote name='10-Ring' timestamp='1354206822' post='852439']
I have a good friend who politically seems on the fence about people carrying he sees the pros still shes a lot of cons. His wife thinks that anybody that carries is "trying to be a cowboy." Her brother and sister in law carry and do so irresponsibly. The SIL was recently in a drive thru where she got irritated at the car in front of her so she got out of her vehicle walked up to the vehicle in front of her and announced "I have a gun and a permit to use it, get out of my way!" Morons! I hate that fence sitters are exposed to idiots like this and think that we are all that way. I did explain to my friend that that is not the intention of a carry permit and that a responsible permit holder is only going to reveal that they have a gun if their life is truly in danger. He does acknowledge that his inlaws are pretty stupid.
[/quote]

She could actually be arrested for aggravated assualt just for that statement. Probably should be to get the permit outta her hands and gun.
Had someone follow me into a convience store lot, got out of his car and started screaming at me. I cracked my window and hollered,"How much you weigh?" He stopped and asked something like, "What the F does that matter?" I said,"Cause I am about to park this 2 ton Caprice on you." I popped it in reverse and did a burn out. He ran into the store. I left. Oh to be a dumb teenager. Do still miss the old days where family cars had V-8's.

Basically put, this was a bad situation. Very bad. Could have ended in dumb and dumber shooting at each other. I am glad cooler heads previaled. They definitely need to review what happened, and if one was the instigator, he needs his license revoked. Edited by HvyMtl
Guest TankerHC

[quote name='Garufa' timestamp='1354061904' post='851635']
The guy with the .40 would have won.
[/quote]

According to Jeff Cooper, the guy who makes first contact with a round usually wins. Regardless of what Caliber he is using. :hat:

just sad to see this in the news. most permit holders are responsible but there are always the idiots. bad thing is that most of the gun haters see us all acting like this.