Profile View Count

[quote name='maroonandwhite' timestamp='1354120467' post='851941']
I have quite a few views and only have about 200 more posts than you. We must be interesting folks! I wouldn't worry too much about it. I check profiles sometimes when someone makes an interesting post. I would wager when someone tries to look up a past post by you it adds to the view count.
[/quote]

I do the same thing. I don't know what I posted to get so much attention. That is a LOT of profile views, I doubt I'm that interesting. It's seriously making me think about removing some of my information. Does anyone know if guests are allowed to view profiles?

[quote name='UncleJak' timestamp='1354121083' post='851949']
Add one more, I just looked up your profile...
[/quote]

Lovely. Edited by w0lfattack
Guest rebeldrummer
[quote name='LINKS2K' timestamp='1354121830' post='851957']
Well, when i'm on my iPad, I have a bad habit of tapping on a members name when attempting to tap on the title of the post. Maybe its just a case of members with fat fingers.
[/quote]

this is a good point...i do the same thing. and sometimes when I try to open mail or look at notifications from my ipad I end up going to my profile. so i assume I am increasing my own profile views?? i am over 2K as well ???
[quote name='monkeylizard' timestamp='1354130210' post='852019']
If you post up much in the classifieds it will probably increase your profile views. I always check a seller/buyer's profile to see how long they have been a member. I suspect others do the same. I generally trt to avoid being a lead story on the 6:00 news.
[/quote] Didn't think of this. Probably where most of the views come from in my opinion too.
  • Like 1
Well, when i'm on my iPad, I have a bad habit of tapping on a members name when attempting to tap on the title of the post. Maybe its just a case of members with fat fingers.
[/quote]

Exactly! I have the same problem.

[quote name='rebeldrummer' timestamp='1354122186' post='851962']

this is a good point...i do the same thing. and sometimes when I try to open mail or look at notifications from my ipad I end up going to my profile. so i assume I am increasing my own profile views?? i am over 2K as well ???
[/quote]

This.
[/quote]

This.

[quote name='Troutburger' timestamp='1354122167' post='851961']
I just peeked....
[/quote]

And this. :)

Guest Lester Weevils
I agree about mistaken taps on pad puters. I FREQUENTLY hit the wrong link and get the profile page on the android phone or pad, but hardly ever do that on Mac or PC.

I agree that when you have allot of classified activity your view count will go way up. And I also agree that guests can view it. I have had people from way far off (Washington just a few days ago) contact me about old classified adds (like months ago)[list]
[*]Group TGO Benefactor
[*]Active Posts 93
[*]Profile Views 1,102
[/list]
Also posts made in the classified section do not add to your active post count.

Yes I looked at your profile as well :taunt: +1

Edited by swim615
[quote name='Caster' timestamp='1354159828' post='852252']

What the hell is that interesting about me that necessitates nearly 3K looksies?
[/quote]

The answer is in your iTrader profile. And the fact that so many folks are interested in casting bullets, too, most likely.

- OS Edited by Oh Shoot
Guest Lester Weevils

[quote name='Caster' timestamp='1354159828' post='852252']

What the hell is that interesting about me that necessitates nearly 3K looksies?
[/quote]

You attracted the attention of every single sub-authority under auspices of not only the dept of homeland security, but also dept of justice! :)