Profile View Count

[quote name='TGO David' timestamp='1354195168' post='852359']
There's a bunch of people who's profiles I look at daily. Because I like to.

[img]http://i288.photobucket.com/albums/ll194/dkyancy/Funny%20Stuff/internet-creeper.jpg[/img]
[/quote]

Is that man handcuffed in the back of your van?
Guest Lester Weevils
I lead a sheltered life and don't do chatrooms. Had to look it up in urban dictionary.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=asl

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=a%2Fs%2Fl

Many pages of definitions. A favorite-- "ASL-- What stupid people say on chats to learn who you are and where you live so they can come to your house with a chainsaw and kill you."

Urban dictionary nailed it lol

Horny teenager: "A/S/L?"

50yr old bald, obese guy sitting naked at computer, scratching double chin and eating cheetos: "16/F/hopefully in your bedroom soon ;) "

Horny Teenager: "Wanna cyber?!?!"

50yr old dude: "Thought you'd never ask!!!!!"

Edited by sL1k
  • 1 year later...

I still don't understand. Got 7100 before I even have 900 posts. I'm not that popular...

You do mean this, if so, I don't know.  You are quite popular by this dashboard!

[URL=http://s963.photobucket.com/user/runco0318/media/profileview_zps3a685356.jpg.html]profileview_zps3a685356.jpg[/URL]

• Like 1

As I hover over a page a members profile will pop-up if my mouse is over it. I have wondered if it shows as me viewing their profile?

Yes, the listing on the right side shows the most recent people to check your profile.

And yes...it is a little creepy to see that you've been looked at.

Because of the way the page is laid out, I click on profiles all the time...by accident.  It's too close to the place where we click on the last post in a topic.  Probably most (95+%?) of my views are by accident.  So, I ain't looking at you on purpose (just a 1.5 eyed klutz).

Edited by R_Bert
  • Like 1
I've been peeking at people more often to see if anyone's updated their interests or anything, but usually just the people on my friends list. Other than that I'd say the vast majority of mine are like R_Bert, being ham fingered while clicking on a phone is my excuse though.

Also keep in mind that I'm pretty sure that you checking your own page raises the count. So if your constantly checking to see who's looking, that might drive the number also.

Also keep in mind that I'm pretty sure that you checking your own page raises the count. So if your constantly checking to see who's looking, that might drive the number also.

Didn't work like that when I checked just now. No change on the number.

OK just checked again...still 4826.

Dang! They be some nosy guys here!

Edited by hipower
  • Like 1

Didn't work like that when I checked just now. No change on the number.

OK just checked again...still 4826.

Dang! They be some nosy guys here!

Used to could see real name if you put one down, I know I used to look at a lot of them just for that before the switch to IP Board.

- OS

Used to could see real name if you put one down, I know I used to look at a lot of them just for that before the switch to IP Board.

- OS

I think I can understand the desire for a little distance, as it were, from totally giving out your identity to everyone. I personally don't do that unless it is my choice.

Not saying there are bad guys on here, but just a precaution till I, or you, or anyone feels the urge to meet/ disclose full information.

But I still would like to see a geographic location used rather than some of the forms used, i.e., Nashville, Tullahoma, etc.  

I think I can understand the desire for a little distance, as it were, from totally giving out your identity to everyone. I personally don't do that unless it is my choice.

Not saying there are bad guys on here, but just a precaution till I, or you, or anyone feels the urge to meet/ disclose full information.

But I still would like to see a geographic location used rather than some of the forms used, i.e., Nashville, Tullahoma, etc.  

It was only first name during the vBulletin Era ... just was kinda nice to put a (probably) real handle with an online persona, made it a bit more communal, I felt.

- OS 

Edited by Oh Shoot

Because of the way the page is laid out, I click on profiles all the time...by accident.  It's too close to the place where we click on the last post in a topic.  Probably most (95+%?) of my views are by accident.  So, I ain't looking at you on purpose (just a 1.5 eyed klutz).

The location often causes me to click on profiles by accident.

It was only first name during the vBulletin Era ... just was kinda nice to put a (probably) real handle with an online persona, made it a bit more communal, I felt.

- OS 

Actually, that sounds pretty good. I know that usually we connect and get names, but maybe that is something to consider.

The location often causes me to click on profiles by accident.

I can see that happening, but have to say that I don't think I've done it..