Custom Gun Rails...

Guest rebeldrummer

Guest rebeldrummer
Have you guys seen these yet??
I haven't found anything on here about them.

Looks pretty cool and very creative.

http://shop.customgunrails.com/main.sc
  • Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest rebeldrummer
[quote name='pitt2magic' timestamp='1354201661' post='852400']
The ad for these guys showed up on the side of my Facebook page a few weeks ago. I ordered a couple of items from them that have been shipped but I have not gotten them yet. I'll let you know what I think once I have them.
[/quote]

that is where I came across them as well! pretty scary when facebook knows you that well huh??!!

keep us posted
Well after posting earlier I went home from work and my items were in the mailbox. Here is my abbreviated feedback on them: Total Crap!!
I guess I misunderstood the description so I went back and read it just now. It said that they are made of "state of the art" materials, well they are made a cheap, thin plastic and the graphics are painted on. They each come with two small allen screws and a allen wrench. Instructions say to tighten screws until they are flush with the rail cover. The cheap plastic cracked well before I had the screws flush. $17 down the toilet. I did manage to get one mounted without breaking it. Save your money and pass on this junk.
Guest rebeldrummer
[quote name='pitt2magic' timestamp='1354237419' post='852623']
Well after posting earlier I went home from work and my items were in the mailbox. Here is my abbreviated feedback on them: Total Crap!!
I guess I misunderstood the description so I went back and read it just now. It said that they are made of "state of the art" materials, well they are made a cheap, thin plastic and the graphics are painted on. They each come with two small allen screws and a allen wrench. Instructions say to tighten screws until they are flush with the rail cover. The cheap plastic cracked well before I had the screws flush. $17 down the toilet. I did manage to get one mounted without breaking it. Save your money and pass on this junk.
[/quote]

are we talking about the same thing?
http://shop.customgunrails.com/Laser-Engraved-Aluminum-LEA_c86.htm
Afraid so! After i posted i took another look at the website and it says laser engraved aluminum. Since mine was already broken I finished breaking it down to look it over. The printed area is indeed metal, razor thin and cheap but in their defense it is at least metal. If you look at the pictures there is a border or frame around the printed area, this is plastic and so is the backing and the area that mounts to the rail. Very cheaply made. The thin metal piece appears to be attached to the plastic parts by hot glue.
Guest rebeldrummer
[quote name='pitt2magic' timestamp='1354249979' post='852723']
Afraid so! After i posted i took another look at the website and it says laser engraved aluminum. Since mine was already broken I finished breaking it down to look it over. The printed area is indeed metal, razor thin and cheap but in their defense it is at least metal. If you look at the pictures there is a border or frame around the printed area, this is plastic and so is the backing and the area that mounts to the rail. Very cheaply made. The thin metal piece appears to be attached to the plastic parts by hot glue.
[/quote]

i did look into it a little more and you sir.....are correct!! ha ha ha. thanks for the review and the info. looks like i will pass on this one.
this is a good idea at least....someone should figure out a way to improve this design?? it looks great....but ill pass
Guest Custom Gun Rails
Hello, gentlemen. This is Angel with Custom Gun Rails. Let me start off by saying that our products are not made of "cheap plastic" as the description states they are made with what is called a thermoplastic with an anodized aluminum insert. The primary purpose of the polymer retainer is to prevent heat radiating to the shooters hand. If it were made from aluminum you would have a neat looking rail cover that would burn your hand at any type of sustained high rate of fire. Secondly the aluminum plates are not "hot glued." They are bonded with a high heat and solvent resistant adhesive. Our special anodization process is about 10 times thicker that what is commercially available which allows us to get 1200 dpi resolution on a surface that will last the lifetime of your weapon. We have thousands of satisfied customers. It is unfortunate that you had a bad experience with one of your rail covers. If you like we would be more that happy to replace it for you. Simply email Steph with your information: steph@customgunrails.com Thanks for your time and God Bless America!
I respect the fact that you came on here to defend your product. I probably have never gotten online to bash a product but my review is pretty spot on. I followed the instruction completely and the "polymer" snapped well before the set screw was flush with the mount. I also appreciate your offer to replace the item, that is good business. At this time I have not requested a replacement but I may.
Guest Custom Gun Rails
We like to hear your honest feedback, it makes us better at what we do. We also love to support our fellow brothers in arms and all those who, at a great personal sacrifice, make this country a better place to live. We take pride in our work and take it very seriously. We will do anything we can to make this right. I like to get what I paid for and so should you. CGR