Can't beleive my luck

Lucked into a hunting lease. But thats just the begining of this story.

To make a long story short, today I went hunting again (about 6 times so far this year) sat down in my seat, looked to my left and there is a bottle with a liquid in it and a hose coming out of the top.

Yep, I stumbled on to a damn meth lab. So after dealing with the cops (great guys btw) I decided to pack it in for today.

Tomorrow I'm changing the lock on the gate (giving the land owner a key and all the leasees a key) and putting up a game camera if I can find one I can afford in this point in time.

I want to catch the SOB since for 3 hrs after leaving the area I was still having sore throat problems. Its subsiding now but dang it.

Cops said they had been out there a while making it, had all kinds of bottles in different stages of decay (heck meth melts plastic, maybe we need to be making it and putting it in landfills lol).

I figure they will be back.

Thanks for listening to my rant.
[quote name='DaveS' timestamp='1354153757' post='852185']
I don't mind shipping them. If you insist on buying some, I got these at Walmart for 35.00 apiece. Your call...

Dave S
[/quote]wow, I can do 35 each, thanks I'll check out wall mart tomorrow, heck I was thinking I was going to have to spend 80 to 100 each.
[quote name='dralarms' timestamp='1354153873' post='852187']
wow, I can do 35 each, thanks I'll check out wall mart tomorrow, heck I was thinking I was going to have to spend 80 to 100 each.
[/quote]

No...there's some deals to be had. If you can't find any, let me know...I don't mind helping a fellow TGO Brother out.

Dave S Edited by DaveS
[quote name='Hunting101' timestamp='1354153638' post='852184']
Good luck and be careful. Meth can make people do some really crazy things. I know I deal with them on a daily basis in my line of work.
[/quote]true, but I got a 308, and a 45. Plus a 40 carbine in the truck. If they come at me I'll give them something to worry about. And I sit to where they can't sneak up on me .
  • Like 2
[quote name='dralarms' timestamp='1354153992' post='852191']
true, but I got a 308, and a 45. Plus a 40 carbine in the truck. If they come at me I'll give them something to worry about. And I sit to where they can't sneak up on me .
[/quote]

You be careful buddy, those bums don't play!

Dave S
I used to work loss prevention, I've worked in Putnam and Anderson Counties, both heavy meth use areas. I've been sick after having meth cooks in my office for 30 minutes. The sickest I ever got was when a known thief/methhead was trying to return a whole bag of clothing that was obviously stolen. I couldn't prove that she had stolen it but I had seen her steal several times before. I walked out and introduced myself as the head of store security and explained to her that we had had a big problem with people stealing clothing and them returning it so I would have to check the items against our sales records. I was pretty much bluffing just to see what she would do. I took the items back to my office and about 5 minutes later she left the store. I just tossed the bag over in the corner and it wasn't an hour later I became violently ill. It was obvious those clothes were saturated with meth cooking fumes.
  • Moderators
About 8 months ago while still living with my parents, I noticed an unmarked SUV stop directly in the road in front of our house (the house is probably 200' from the road). Some guy got out with a cell phone and was walking around. He walks around the corner for a while and comes back, still on the phone. Few minutes later a black and white shows up. After a few moments of nothing "exciting", I decided that I'd walk down there to see what was going on. Turns out that there was a "throwaway" meth lab that someone had dumped down thereat the corner of the road. One of our neighbors, a science teacher, had seen it while walking and reported it.

I have a feeling that a lot of people probably go by stuff like this more often than they would ever imagine without even noticing it.
[quote name='dralarms' timestamp='1354299628' post='852913']
True. But if they come after me its on.
[/quote]
I wasn't referring to your self defense; that IS your job. I took it by your post that they asked you to catch the guys. That is what I'd call their job.
[quote name='gregintenn' timestamp='1354322074' post='853148']

I wasn't referring to your self defense; that IS your job. I took it by your post that they asked you to catch the guys. That is what I'd call their job.
[/quote]

Nah, what they meant was if they came after me to do what I had to and the call them.