Af 2011-A1 WTF

laktrash

[quote name='Dolomite_supafly' timestamp='1354294874' post='852873']
It will never be sold in the US. It is a newlt manufactured machine gun so it can only be sold to LE and Gov't types.

Dolomite
[/quote]
Wouldn't the dual-trigger version be legal in the US?

Not advocating it, just sayin'...
So, what makes it a machine gun? I don't see any sequential multiple fire over one trigger, other than that which
can be applied like a double barreled shotgun. It isn't a Gatlin gun, or an autosear select fire. Is the definition of a
machine gun just multiple shots, not sequential shots? It looks to be a semi-auto with two barrels, not a machine
gun.

I'm not saying the ATF won't say otherwise, but I think they would be completely messing with the definition. I also
doubt I would buy one, but it may have a market with someone.
By definition a firezrm that fires more then one shot with a single pull of the trigger is a machine gun.

That is why single trigger double barrels fire the barrels seperately and not at the same time. A standard double barrel can fire two shots at the same time but it requires a seperate trigger to be pulled for each.

Crimson is right, if they had a seperate trigger for each barrel then it would be legal.

Dolomite
Guest rebeldrummer
[quote name='Dolomite_supafly' timestamp='1354294874' post='852873']
[color=#ff0000][size=4]It will never be sold in the US[/size][/color]. It is a newlt manufactured machine gun so it can only be sold to LE and Gov't types.

Dolomite
[/quote]

??? from their website. Look likes it has received some support .....still, i am sure this will be restricted like you mentioned?
[size=3]On November the 14th, the US Department of Justice, Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (BATFE) has officially granted import permission and sale in the United States of America of the AF2011-A1 Second Century double barrel pistol, with a total score of 120 Points, according to Form 4590.
Arsenal Firearms Group proudly announces the official distribution to America of the whole line of double barrel firearms and dedicated accessories starting on January the 1st 2013, through the appointed US Importer of Record, Apex International LLC of Middletown, CT and according to a "Direct Dealer Distribution".
Arsenal Firearms also announces the USA launch of the whole line of firearms and accessories at the forthcoming Shot Show 2013 in Las Vegas, to be held between the 15th and 18th of January at the Sands Convention Center. Arsenal Firearms will welcome all the US dealers and followers to booth n° 12251, main hall.
The Company wishes to take this opportunity to thank warmly the millions of followers, enthusiasts and supporters in the United States of America and worldwide: they are part of the dream and indeed our main reason to be.[/size] Edited by rebeldrummer
Guest rebeldrummer
[quote name='mikegideon' timestamp='1354301033' post='852930']
It looks like it has 2 triggers
[/quote]

here are the updated specs on the gun as well....

i just dont get it i guess? oh well...to each his own
ill stick with dual wielding my 1911's !!!!

[url="http://www.arsenalfirearms.com/products/af-2011-a1-double-barrel-pistol"]http://www.arsenalfi...e-barrel-pistol[/url] Edited by rebeldrummer
[quote name='Dolomite_supafly' timestamp='1354300096' post='852917']
....Crimson is right, if they had a seperate trigger for each barrel then it would be legal.[/quote]

The new AF2011-A1 Double Barrel Pistol can be order in a number of configurations including either [b]two independent triggers and one sear group[/b] or with 2 triggers permanently joined.

Even if you pull them both with one finger, isn't it really the same according to that definition as simultaneously pulling two triggers with two fingers as on double trigger shotguns?

Probably one of the last pistolas I'd ever choose myself, though.

- OS Edited by Oh Shoot
[quote name='Dolomite_supafly' timestamp='1354300096' post='852917']
By definition a firezrm that fires more then one shot with a single pull of the trigger is a machine gun.

That is why single trigger double barrels fire the barrels seperately and not at the same time. A standard double barrel can fire two shots at the same time but it requires a seperate trigger to be pulled for each.

Crimson is right, if they had a seperate trigger for each barrel then it would be legal.

Dolomite
[/quote]The picture I saw showed two triggers. Maybe it said they had a one trigger setup, also. I don't know, but
I also thought the definition of a machine gun, as now defined by those cheery nuts at the ATF used the action as
allowing for more than one shot to be fired, not as, in this case. Like an AR-15 that landed a man in prison because
it was somehow shown to be able to allow a second shot, or third shot, when malfunctioning. Don't take that the wrong
way, Gordon, because I am merely pointing out the absurdity of the ATF, when it comes down to their version, or style
of enforcement. I'm sure you understand why I would disagree after hearing of that case, a few years ago.

That bunch of idiots should be the first branch of government to be dissolved.

I would also submit that two shots fired at the same target, from the same gun, at the same time, without any other
variable, would not be considered a machine gun, since it is not repeating any action, and would require an additional
pull of the trigger to make another discharge. I think there has to be some kind of repetition of action for that definition
to apply. You can carry this to the ridiculous, and if so, then slidefire stocks would be illegal, also.

I may be wrong, but your definition of a machine gun doesn't cut it. There has to be some kind of repetition involved.

[font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][size=4]Yes, the laws are, for the most part, idiotic. I think what caused all this confusion is when they quite making laws and started making decisions on what is legal and what isn't. And that isn't the biggest cause of problems, it is the fact that you cannot get the same answer from every agent. That is why you need a letter in writing to now be legal. I was told by a person way up the food chain that a plan I had was perfectly legal but to write a letter to cover myself from an overzealous local agent. Well I wrote that letter and a low level agent said it was NOT legal. I called the person up in the food chain who told me it was legal to get him to allow it and he said he would not change the low level agents ruling. He went on to say I should have sent the letter directly to him but now there was nothing that could be done to change the ruling.[/size][/font]

[font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][size=4][url="http://www.atf.gov/regulations-rulings/rulings/atf-rulings/atf-ruling-2008-1.pdf"]http://www.atf.gov/regulations-rulings/rulings/atf-rulings/atf-ruling-2008-1.pdf[/url][/size][/font]
[font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][size=4][quote][/size][/font]
[font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][size=4]The Gun Control Act of 1968 (GCA) at 18 U.S.C. 921(a)(23), and the National Firearms[/size][/font]
[font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][size=4]Act (NFA) at 26 U.S.C. 5845(B), define the term “machinegun” as “any weapon which[/size][/font]
[font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][size=4]shoots, is designed to shoot, or can be readily restored to shoot, automatically more than[/size][/font]
[font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][size=4]one shot, without manual reloading, by a single function of the trigger.”[/quote][/size][/font]

[font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][size=4]As far as the slidefire stocks go there was the Adkins Accelerator that was the precursor. It worked exactly like the slide fire with one very important exception. It used a spring to simulate automatic fire rather than forward pressure. The ATF initially ruled it was perfectly legal then went back and stated it was illegal with the spring installed. After that the Slidefire came out that used manual pressure rather than a spring. The spring made the Adkins Accelerator illegal and woud render the Slidefire illegal as well if a spring replaced the manual forward pressure.[/size][/font]

[font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][size=4]As far as stupid laws go the SBR, SBS, AOW and supppressor laws should [u]NOT[/u] be in place. It should be perfectly legal to make and own them without any sort of registration. For ANY of the NFA stuff, including machine guns and destructive devices, they should transfer instantly just like a standard firearm. There should not be a $200 transfer or a 6 month wait.[/size][/font]

[font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][size=4]Dolomite[/size][/font]

Guest TankerHC
They started promoting these about a year ago with the Pseudo James Bond guy in a video. From the get go, I felt that there was no need for something like this and that no only was it ridiculous, they look ridiculous. But, Im sure SOMEONE will like and find a use for them. Here is Mr. Pseudo James Bond demonstrating. I like Iain Harrison's take on them. " If you listen carefully to the video, you can almost hear the dialog in the meeting that lead to it’s creation. ”Hey Franz, we’ve got a couple of spare 1911′s and a MIG welder. Any clue what we can do with them?” Either that, or they hired a recently-graduated business consultant who mistook the South Park underpants gnomes episode as an instruction manual."
Now, if you’ll excuse me, I have a brilliant idea that involves a couple of Glock 17s and a tube of JB Weld…

BTW, its got two barrels and two triggers, same as a SxS. Can be sold OTC.

[CODE]
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/BM-DGaNmtA0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
[/CODE] Edited by TankerHC