I have no idea what to think about this new FEMA youth Army.

Do you always print when you write? If so, strange indeed. When I went to school, shortly after the invention of fire, printing was taught from kindergarten to second grade, and cursive from then on. Cursive writing is faster and less fatiguing than printing. I developed sufficient skill to write equally illegibly in both block characters AND cursive. :) Seriously, in a class that requires long-winded test answers, people expect to write in long-hand, block characters, a ten page impromptu essay? It would be painfully slow and in addition literally painful after the hand and wrist starts cramping up toward the end.

I print. Everyone prints. Not even girls/young women write in cursive anymore.

There are a finite amount of hand gestures, so one form could have several meanings.  You anti-"tinfoil" guys are going to be the downfall of yourselves and a lot of people by constantly discounting everything that anyone points out as being something to possibly be concerned about.  Why are you guys so accepting of everything as "harmless"?  When does something cross the line with you guys or start to concern you?  Maybe we all should check with you guys before posting anything to make sure that it's not too crazy.  People are not crying wolf or saying that xyz is absolutely positively verifiably true, but many posts on here pointing out a possible relationship to past history which may be cause for concern are so easily dismissed by many of you as being "tin foil", that when some of it turns out to be true...well...you and others will be caught by surprise.

Nah, they'll deny they ever said anything. :D

Guest Lester Weevils

I print. Everyone prints. Not even girls/young women write in cursive anymore.

Well, when I try I can print pretty well, having learned it in drafting classes back in college. Printing is good for legibility or technical drawing "the old fashioned way". OTOH when I'm not trying for clarity my printing is equally illegible with my script. A friend says my writing looks like the work of The Insane Bomber.

But don't you find printing painfully slow and tiring if you write more than a line or two? Its fastest to type of course, and more legible, but do people never write numerous pages any more, even on school exams?

How do you fill out contracts if you can't do cursive? You know, just about every form will have-- Name (please print)__________ Signature____________. And often a zillion places to initial. Do you print the name and then print the signature and then print the initials as well?

Or maybe this is how to do it (joking)--

PleasePrint.jpg

Guest bkelm18

All I can say to that Spock, and glad to see you back, is that movie kids watch in elementary school called "The

Story of Stuff". There are many other examples of how our kids are being taught the wrong stuff, but I am going

to be lazy. But you can start with Jefferson and some slave and move forward. :D

Now, I never said the youth of today aren't being brought up differently. Of course they are. Each generation has their own way of doing things. But to say kids and young adults are being warped into mindless liberal automatons is just simply conservative fear mongering. Regurgitation of whatever rhetoric they saw on a YouTube video. Whilst I do not agree with the liberal mindset of many of my fellow college students (most of whom are almost a decade younger than me), they are certainly capable of independent thinking (for the most part) and quite capable of questioning that which they do not agree with. The idea that they're somehow being groomed for pacificity and blind allegiance is, well, utter bullsh*t. :)

Wait, there's more.

We work collectively to prevent terrorism, secure borders, enforce and administer immigration laws, safeguard cyberspace and ensure resilience to disasters. 

Please "press uno porfavor", if you believe in propaganda Ms. Katrina, Ms. Sandy and Mr. Border Patrol Officer?

Why I feel so secure I just may stop upgrading my anti-virus software and stop my Rosetta Stone Spanish lessons to use the ATM's and telephone!

They have to be talking about clothing or picture borders amigos. Hasta la vista hombres.

• Like 1

Wait, there's more.

We work collectively to prevent terrorism, secure borders, enforce and administer immigration laws, safeguard cyberspace and ensure resilience to disasters. 

Please "press uno porfavor", if you believe in propaganda Ms. Katrina, Ms. Sandy and Mr. Border Patrol Officer?

Why I feel so secure I just may stop upgrading my anti-virus software and stop my Rosetta Stone Spanish lessons to use the ATM's and telephone!

They have to be talking about clothing or picture borders amigos. Hasta la vista hombres.

Whaaaat? I'm liking this post, I have no idea what your talking about but at least it made me laugh. Kinda.
  • Like 1

Now, I never said the youth of today aren't being brought up differently. Of course they are. Each generation has their own way of doing things. But to say kids and young adults are being warped into mindless liberal automatons is just simply conservative fear mongering. Regurgitation of whatever rhetoric they saw on a YouTube video. Whilst I do not agree with the liberal mindset of many of my fellow college students (most of whom are almost a decade younger than me), they are certainly capable of independent thinking (for the most part) and quite capable of questioning that which they do not agree with. The idea that they're somehow being groomed for pacificity and blind allegiance is, well, utter bullsh*t. :)

But I didn't say those things you allege. All I said was the way they are being misrepresented in their education. That

can and will cause problems with the way they form opinions until and if they ever learn the truth. Never said any of

them were not independent thinkers. You took what I said and morphed it into something it's not.

Guest bkelm18

But I didn't say those things you allege. All I said was the way they are being misrepresented in their education. That
can and will cause problems with the way they form opinions until and if they ever learn the truth. Never said any of
them were not independent thinkers. You took what I said and morphed it into something it's not.

My apologies. That wasn't really directed at you, just more of a continuation of the previous post.