Do any of you women ride?

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would love to. I would love to get a Yamaha 250, that is probably about all I could hold up ROFL.

I used to ride one when I was in my twenties up and down the road for fun with a friend on the back but everytime we would stop I dropped it ROFL, but it was a big heavy sucker.

My husband isn't liking the fact that I want a motorcycle. :D

Hey, we only live once right? As he says when I say I am afraid of airplanes "you will go when it's your time."

Soooooooooo, wouldn't it be fun to ride to the mountains on a bike on the weekend and camp. Or ride through Caves Cove. I guess though that mine and his biggest fear is other drivers.

Edited by Guns&Dobes
Guest Jason F.

My wife rides. She is actually the one who talked me into riding. We took the MSF course together and learned at the same time. She does have her own bike, although I tend to steal it some, but she actually likes to ride with me about as much as she likes to ride her own.

We did not learn to ride until we were in our 30's by the way.

My wife took the MSF over the Easter weekend, and I bought her a 2006 Suzuki GZ250 on 4-1-08 with 91 miles on it and it now has 985. If you get a motorcycle I recommend you take a MSF course and once you take the course all you have to do is take the certificate showing you completed the course and they will put the endorsement on your license.

100_0740.jpg

I took these pictures while she was at the class.

100_0688.jpg

100_0685.jpg

Edited by ZZRguy

Soooooooooo, wouldn't it be fun to ride to the mountains on a bike on the weekend and camp. Or ride through Caves Cove. I guess though that mine and his biggest fear is other drivers.

Yes it is. I went on a trip to the mountains last year and a had a lot of fun.

Here is a picture of me on the Tail of the Dragon, 318 curves in 11 miles.

IMG_0316.jpg

Edited by ZZRguy

That is cool Jason that you two took the class together, maybe that is a way to get my husband in the mood for a bike LOL.

ZZRguy, we have been on the Tail of the Dragon in an automobile and it looks like it would be a lot of fun on a bike. Thanks so much for the pics of the course and you and your wife on the bikes too.

I talked to a guy today at a motorcycle shop and he gave me info on one of the courses. I got an application but unless hubby agrees to get the bike then I am not sure I will bother with it because I know what will happen, I will take the course and I will want a bike and then I will have to pout and he will get it for me grudgingly and I don't want that, I want him to be excited and want it too.

Just wait til my daughter comes home from camping and see's this thread, she will pass out ROFL. I have always tried to steer my kids away from motorcycles. Well not really though, they had dirt bikes when they were kids, but it is the street bikes I have always hated because of the drivers in cars.

My wife took the MSF over the Mothers day weekend, and I bought her a 2006 Suzuki GZ250 on 5-1-08 with 91 miles on it and it now has 985. If you get a motorcycle I recommend you take a MSF course and once you take the course all you have to do is take the certificate showing you completed the course and they will put the endorsement on your license.

Whats that!lol

I dont know anybody that actually has taken the test!

I started to,went to the DOS and took the computer test,and after about two hours of waiting I said F`it and walked out!

Those days are long gone now,the country rides are left up to the convertible

Yes it is. I went on a trip to the mountains last year and a had a lot of fun.

Here is a picture of me on the Tail of thr Dragon, 318 curves in 11 miles.

IMG_0316.jpg

I rode the Gap a lot many years ago. It was a fun ride. My buddy Tommy, took his last ride there, when he lost control of his Ninja on a pebble filled turn and went off the road right in front of me. He hit a tree and died on that hillside.

He wasn't riding excessively fast. He wasn't taking chances.

I rode from the time I was 5 till 30, rode almost every day of those years and enjoyed bikes. I raced every kind of dirt racing you could do and a few times on the road tracks too.

Once my kids came, I decided the risk was not worth it. It would be selfish to take a risk which could jeopardize their lives and futures. I sold my last bike, a BMW, right after my daughter was born.

Guest Natosha

Just wait til my daughter comes home from camping and see's this thread, she will pass out ROFL. I have always tried to steer my kids away from motorcycles. Well not really though, they had dirt bikes when they were kids, but it is the street bikes I have always hated because of the drivers in cars.

:shrug: YOU SHOULD BE ASHAMED!!! Wanting a motorcycle! HAHAHAHAHAHA! ;)

HAHA! Whatever makes you happy mom! Just remember you are not replaceable!!! I only have one mother.