Yeager responds to Coward claims

TLRMADE

I tend to judge people on two things...

1. What they've done (not rumors about what they've done but what is actually known as fact), and

2. Who they hang around with (and by default who is willing to hang around them)

I've read the official published report on the "incident" James mentioned, and the only people who seem to have a problem with James weren't there, don't know him and haven't trained with him.

Further, when people like Tom Givens chooses to train with James and James has been invited to teach at Range Masters and at Thunder Ranch (with Clint Smith) (at least if I remember correctly) I'd say he is in pretty good company. Folks like Tom Givens and Clint Smith don't invite cowards to train at their facilities.
  • Like 2
I'm no James Yeager fan. His personality is a bit abrasive for me. And I don't agree with his video challenge since he's not going to start a fight and risk going to prison, nor is somebody stupid enough to attack this guy in his own home. But I do feel his pain that he is tired of all the BS that people give him over a situation that they were not personally involved in.

I've read the entire report, seen the video, and read tons of internet chatter over the guy. Other than being an idiot with putting his car in neutral (who does that?) and other than his training video with the photographer sitting in the line of fire (I wouldn't trust Navy Seals shooting towards me, much less civilians), this guy doesn't deserve all the crap that he gets on the internet. Especially because of a high risk situation that others would have probably behaved the same way or similar in (I would have "gotten off the X" too). So props for the video calling people out, even though if it is in a little bad taste and just potentially adds more fuel to the fire.
[quote name='PolePosition' timestamp='1354769601' post='855601']

It is bad taste and adds more fuel to the fire.
[/quote]

I don't know him and I have no opinion about him other than the video. It's juvenile!

If A person were to take him up on his offer, I doubt that he would throw away his livlihood just to kick someones ass. If so, then he is a brave fool.

[quote name='RobertNashville' timestamp='1354767003' post='855589']
I've read the official published report on the "incident" James mentioned, and the only people who seem to have a problem with James weren't there, don't know him and haven't trained with him.
[/quote]

People have been in similar situations and that gives them the background to criticize Yeager for his screwup. You don't have to be in that exact situation to criticize his actions....or lack of actions. I think what really offends people about him is his absolute refusal to accept responsibility for "getting off the X." And if you remember right, people that were there didn't have nice things to say either.

What he does is feed off the negative reputation and twist it to suit whatever he's talking about at the moment. I will give him his props that he's a sneaky good business man, if that's the style you like :-\

Someone on the internet called him a coward so he makes an internet video saying that he isn't a coward?

Are too! Am not! Are too! Am not! I know you are but what am I! My dad is bigger than your dad! Is not! Is too!

Sorry it felt like I had just gotten time warped back to elementary school for a moment there.

• Like 3
It has been more than some"one." I agree with Pole a few posts up. I have seen the video and besides the neutral bit which really doesnt matter in the end as the other two vehicles were mobility kills from the start his actions at the time werent the problem. It was the after the fact #### talking dead guys.
  • Like 2
I can't stand the man. His abrasive, cocky attitude rubs me the wrong way, and is the exact opposite of what I expect from a professional. Coward or not, hes still a pot stirring ass with an attitude problem.
  • Like 2

[quote name='Daniel' timestamp='1354771363' post='855615']
It has been more than some"one." I agree with Pole a few posts up. I have seen the video and besides the neutral bit which really doesnt matter in the end as the other two vehicles were mobility kills from the start his actions at the time werent the problem. It was the after the fact #### talking dead guys.
[/quote]

They were definitely in the killzone of a rehearsed ambush. Putting the lead car in neutral was fail one IMO. IIRC from the report, what was really scathing was the AAR/report saying that Yeager broke contact by himself without the element establishing some sort of fire superiority. He then positioned himself in such a manner that he was unable to effectively render supporting fires for his element (proned out on the median). He self admittedly had no idea where the contact was coming from and didn't do anything to address this. The other team members had to identify the distance, direction, and descriptions.

Again, IMO - it's not that he ####ed up. That happens. Its the stuff that happened after the fact that damned him in many eyes.

I don't MMQB guys in combat. I understand that things go sideways, sometimes in the worst way. But we need to be brutally self honest in the AAR's.....not passing the buck onto dead men.

But Yeager will continue to be Yeager :-\

• Like 3
I've never been in a combat zone so I really have no room to second guess his actions in the incident, tell the truth I don't even know what expected protocol would be in a situation like his.

What chaps me is the attitude, this guy has ironically enough a huge case of little man syndrome. Can't stand someone with a superiority complex as bad as his.

We are in a "golden age" of weapons and hand to hand training with so many experienced individuals willing and able to teach that for my money I'd choose to go with someone with a little more humility.

I'm sure he's a good trainer but personaly not for me.
Guest bkelm18
I don't believe I've seen anyone criticizing his actions on the day. However, most of the criticisms that I have seen are geared toward Yeager's actions and the criticisms he had made against his fellow fallen soldiers after-the-fact.

As for the video, I see a man totally devoid of humility fighting to stay relevant and boost business. Edited by bkelm18
I have no love for this man but I have never called Yeager a coward, either publically or privately, because if you are over there you are not a coward. He is a lot of things but a coward is probably not one.

James might find himself in a far worse spot than he is right now. He made lemonade out of lemons, and I am happy for him, but he just put himself in between a rock and a hard spot with this video. When someone calls him on it, and someone will, he will either fight and risk loosing everything or he doesn't and then all those screaming he is a coward will have their ammunition. At a bare minimum if he fights it is going to cost him thousands in legal fees. And you know damn well both sides are going to have video.

And this is yet another video that proves to me some of the things I have been told by those that knew him.

Dolomite
Mr. Yeager strikes me as someone who has a plan, that doesn't involve direct violence, for anyone who takes him up on his offer. He'd likely make a video of the meeting and use it to promote his school.

I don't dislike the guy but his personality is a bit much for any long-term exposure...for me anyway. I will admit, I have watched most of his videos on YouTube. I do my best to filter out the hyperbole and keep the bits that make sense to me. (just like I do on any website, including TGO)

I'll give the guy credit, though. He's trying to meet his detractors head-on. At least as much as one can do under the anonymous circumstances of the Internet. I wish the guy success and will continue to learn from him when he offers something I'm in the market for.
[quote name='TMF' timestamp='1354802001' post='855807']
So, he made a video to counter claims of him being a coward? Will he now make a video to counter claims that he is a flaming douche-tard, or is there enough substantiated evidence of that to prevent an argument?
[/quote]

TGO David nailed it. Douche-tard or not, did we spell his name right?
  • Like 1
Ok I am a bit late to the party and I am just vaguely aware of the guy (Yeager). I did a quick Google of him and didnt find the info about "why" he is being called out a coward. With that said I would have to agree that he comes off as very abbrassive person and as such I wouldnt want to spend more than just a few seconds with said individual.
[quote name='buck1032' timestamp='1354809934' post='855872']
Robert,
If that post is directed at me please refer to my last line. I was not commenting on him as a trainer, soldier, etc, just agreeing that his video post makes him come off as a very abrassive personality.
[/quote]

His abrasive personality doesn't bother me at all. Cocky isn't a bad trait in what he does for a living. Some may even view it as a positive. I normally get a kick out of his videos. He does manage to kick up a pretty good buzz when he puts one out.

[quote name='buck1032' timestamp='1354809934' post='855872']
Robert,
If that post is directed at me please refer to my last line. I was not commenting on him as a trainer, soldier, etc, just agreeing that his video post makes him come off as a very abrassive personality.
[/quote]No worries; my post was directed at no one and everyone; just a general observation...if it were directed at you I would have quoted you. ;)