Yeager responds to Coward claims

TLRMADE

• Administrator

[quote name='RobertNashville' timestamp='1354809066' post='855864']
It never ceases to amaze me how people who don't know James, hasn't trained with James or even met him know SO much about him.

Funny how that works. :panic:
[/quote]

I [b][i]really[/i][/b] don't have a dog in this hunt, but I feel compelled to point out that the reason folks know SO much about him is because James has apparently made it his mission for this to be the case. If he wanted anonymity he wouldn't be posting any of this crap on the Internet. Like I said, he is keenly aware that there is no such thing as bad publicity. Any uproar involving him on any message board, YouTube, etc. just spikes his Google search relevancy which drives traffic to his web site which drives money into his bank account.

The guy [i]truly [/i]gets it and is making bank off of the people who post bad things about him online. Every time Yeager's name is mentioned, a weekend warrior gets his wings.

• Like 2
[quote name='mikegideon' timestamp='1354810426' post='855877']

Cocky isn't a bad trait in what he does for a living. [/quote]

Absolutely it is a bad trait.

Not that I think of him as anything more that a war tourist, if I found myself in a situation where he would be the person watching my back I would would rather sit and watch radios. His attitude is the epitome of douchey tough guy which is what gets people killed; either because he discovers he isn't as tough as he thinks he is when the metal starts flying, or he does stupid stuff to get his fight on. He is bad news. Trust me, I've dealt with his kind before. They are dangerous in a combat zone.
  • Like 3
I have never heard of this guy or incident, but I am curious about what happened. Here is a link of reports and documents about the incidents in Iraq. I have no dog in this hunt, but I do respect anyone that put their lives at risk over there, whether in battle dress or civies, getting paid or not. That #### was our generations Vietnam, but thankfully, with love and respect for the soldiers coming home. God bless them all.

[url="http://web.archive.org/web/20060402200509/http://fuckersm.com/"]http://web.archive.org/web/20060402200509/http://fuckersm.com/[/url]

[quote name='ShamGlock' timestamp='1354825498' post='855999']
I can't call anyone who has what it takes to go over there and get shot at a coward, but he does come off as a complete tool. If nothing else just that goatee, good lord dude.
[/quote]

and after no-shave November, I can't say #### about that goatee! :)

[quote name='TMF' timestamp='1354825907' post='856001']

Not that I think of him as anything more that a war tourist, if I found myself in a situation where he would be the person watching my back I would would rather sit and watch radios. His attitude is the epitome of douchey tough guy which is what gets people killed; either because he discovers he isn't as tough as he thinks he is when the metal starts flying, or he does stupid stuff to get his fight on. He is bad news. Trust me, I've dealt with his kind before. They are dangerous in a combat zone.
[/quote]

Go sit on your hands in the TOC you!
  • Like 1
[quote name='TMF' timestamp='1354825907' post='856001']

[/quote]

You missed what I was saying. As a trainer. I'm not going into combat with anybody.
[quote name='mikegideon' timestamp='1354826927' post='856009']

You missed what I was saying. As a trainer. I'm not going into combat with anybody.[/quote]

Oh, ha, I thought you were talking about what he did in a previous life. I will say though, I would prefer a reserved, yet confident instructor as opposed to a loud mouth, self aggrandizing tool. The tool act works fine with folks that don't know any better, but is annoying as hell and a distraction to training for those that do. Edited by TMF
  • Like 6
[quote name='TMF' timestamp='1354827146' post='856011']
Oh, ha, I thought you were talking about what he did in a previous life. I will say though, I would prefer a reserved, yet confident instructor as opposed to a loud mouth, self aggrandizing tool. The tool act works fine with folks that don't know any better, but is annoying as hell and a distraction to training for those that do.
[/quote]

All I've seen is the internet show. Never seen the guy run a class.
I weed through all of the garbage as best I can when I watch a video from him. You have to, but some of the info
he dishes out in the more sane videos is good. All the bravado, I could do without, and what TMF says, I take on
his experience since I don't have the military training.

I know I wouldn't pay anyone for the crap, just quality instruction. But that's just me. I've only watched some of his videos
and they can get over the top very quick.
[quote name='mikegideon' timestamp='1354828054' post='856018']
All I've seen is the internet show. Never seen the guy run a class.
[/quote]
I've seen his crowd in a restaurant in Camden. They walked in like they owned the place. It's no act.
Many of you may not know this, but believe me... some will.

A soldier(or veteran) who runs his mouth telling everyone who will listen...
just how smart they are, how bad ass they are, how many they've killed, how rough of a time they had,or how great they are...
are total BS!!

I know this for a fact.

The ones who are the "real deal" don't say a word... because they don't have to.
They want to forget... but can't.
  • Like 4
[quote name='1morethan8' timestamp='1354835566' post='856083']Many of you may not know this, but believe me... some will.

A soldier(or veteran) who runs his mouth telling everyone who will listen...
just how smart they are, how bad ass they are, how many they've killed, how rough of a time they had,or how great they are...
are total BS!!

I know this for a fact.

The ones who are the "real deal" don't say a word... because they don't have to.
They want to forget... but can't.[/quote]

"No sh**, there I was, in the Valley of Nodangtwat, surrounded by 3,000 Taliban fighters and all I had was an MRE spoon... Was I scared? You're damn right I was scared.... scared one of those little bastards would get away!"

Seemed appropriate for this thread.
  • Like 4
I’m calling [img]http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y111/TourGlide/Web%20Stuff/bs.gif[/img]
I don’t believe for one second that if he put that video on YouTube he hasn’t had many contacts from people that would knock him TFO just for a free airplane ride.

What’s he doing with all the people that are taking that offer? [img]http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y111/TourGlide/Web%20Stuff/confused.gif[/img]
[quote name='DaveTN' timestamp='1354839064' post='856116']
I’m calling [img]http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y111/TourGlide/Web%20Stuff/bs.gif[/img]
I don’t believe for one second that if he put that video on YouTube he hasn’t had many contacts from people that would knock him TFO just for a free airplane ride.

What’s he doing with all the people that are taking that offer? [img]http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y111/TourGlide/Web%20Stuff/confused.gif[/img]
[/quote]

Well, it's on Youtube, with 13,000+ views. Free airplane rides aren't what they used to be, since they started grabbing your kajones. Nobody knows what he's doing with the takers but him.
real operators dont talk much art vleast the one i have known.btw i know one so called instructor at thunder ranch that claims so have been 2 tours in sf in viet nam was even on a magizine cover spent his time as an mp in ca this from his wife at the time so yes ringers can get into thunder ranch
Was he suppose to stand there and get shot in the head while searching to figure out where they were taking fire from or was he suppose to lay down beside the car and hope they eventually stop shooting at the giant target in the road or was he suppose to just start spraying wildly into the distance like RAMBO,could be wrong but dont remember anyone on the teams packing a 240 or 249 so suppressive fire at distance with AR's,AK's,and or definitely MP5's when you have no clue where you are taking fire from likely wont count for jack. So what did he do wrong yep put the car in neutral what a IDIOT I mean we all know when your unarmored car starts getting blasted with rounds and you throw it in gear and punch the gas that and it doesnt go anywhere you should instantly stop check and make sure its not in neutral because we all know bullets cant effect whether a car runs properly or not.....and what if he had done it right and got it in gear for sure the driver of the rear car was taken out instantly,so if he "Did what he should have done" he would have drove off and left his team behind.

As far as him laying in the median,yeah sooooo he put distance between himself and the giant target identifiers scattered all over the road, a smart move imo when you are trying to actually survive,ok well he laid in the median"Longer than he should have" maybe he was still trying to get eyes on the enemy so he could put down accurate fire, I mean us smart people know that the break in fire couldnt have simply been due to the enemy fumbling around reloading a PKM or RPD,Yeager is a fool for not knowing the lack of fire means the bad guys are retreating. Sure most of the team instantly stopped what they were doing and immediately started attending to the wounded,and they call Yeager a coward for not doing the same,however it seems as though you would want someone to keep their eyes open for movement incase another spamming of lead and copper may be heading your way, then again Im not on Seal Team 6 so wtf do I know. Others simply dont like Yeager because he doesnt accept responsibility, responsibility for what accidentally putting the car in neutral or the deaths of men on his team,did putting the car in neutral cause lives to be lost or where they already done, if he had started to drive off would he of had to come back for the rear car putting his men in more danger for a longer duration since they all would still infact be inside the unarmored car? I really dont know do you know,I mean Im not sure what the protocol is for contractors under heavy fire in a convoy, if a vehicle goes down are the other vehicles suppose to just drive off and leave the other guys behind or are they suppose to stop and fight,once again I dont know however I highly doubt you are suppose to leave part of your team behind which in this case Yeagers mistake is null and void seeing as how the rear car went down almost instantly and Yeagers mistakingly putting his car in neutral and thinking it was out of service caused him to bail thus causing everyone else to bail could possibly have actually accidentally saved lives(Including his own), not saying it did but it is possible.

The way I see it he was a fat cop that was not properly trained for the situation he was presented with at the time of his deployment,it is my understanding at the time the requirements for working as a contractor werent near as strict as they seem to be now. In which case the loss of life and outcome of the situation ultimately would fall on the shoulders of whoever was in charge of selection rather than the people selected themselves imo.

I know it sounds like I am a Yeager fanboy,but seeing soooo many people talk of how they have been shot at(Not referring to anyone here) and this and that and judging him calling everything he did mistakes drives me insane. Im sorry but if some sh*t face took a pop shot at you from 800 meters with an AK47 while your cruising around in a armored Humvee you have no clue as to what Yeager or any of the men on that team were experiencing that day and should stfu and go back to lying to everyone about how you were Chuck Norris and how much ass you kicked over there rather than the truth which is how you sat on your ass playing Call of Duty on xbox most of the day(Actually know several soldiers personally that do and did this). Now there are others who have actually gone through similar situations and or worse and have managed to perform almost perfectly,but at the end of the day we are all different and will all respond differently to high stress situations.

Is Yeager an Egomaniac?-For Sure
Is Yeager a Blowhard?-Imo Yes
Would Yeager be my first choice for training?-Definitely Not
Does Yeager give some useful advice?-Sure does

In the end I like him, sure I dont know him personally and if I had to spend any real amount of time around him Im sure we would probably end up with some fist flying, but I like how raw he is. I respect his idgaf attitude and the way he seems to stick to his guns ,compared to others on youtube his channel is very different and in a way somewhat refreshing to me since he is so far from the norm. Everything above is simply my opinion on him from the somewhat limited amount of research I have done on him in the past and watching the "coward"video. I am not in the forces and have never been ambushed by anything more than a swarm of gnats so my opinion on this matter is really just invalid and a waste of time. Edited by ~48_South~
  • Like 2
[quote name='~48_South~' timestamp='1354944471' post='856804']Im sorry but if some sh*t face took a pop shot at you from 800 meters with an AK47 while your cruising around in a armored Humvee you have no clue as to what Yeager or any of the men on that team were experiencing that day and should stfu and go back to lying to everyone about how you were Chuck Norris and how much ass you kicked over there rather than the truth which is how you sat on your ass playing Call of Duty on xbox most of the day[/quote]

I rock the hell outa some COD on XBOX. That is one of the best parts about being deployed.

Yeager is still a douche.
  • Like 3
  • Moderators
[quote name='TLRMADE' timestamp='1354984457' post='856894']Somebody is trying to take him up.

http://getoffthex.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/998104881/m/172006708001/p/1[/quote]
That thread is hilarious. The guy attempting to take him up on the offer is a bag of crap, but it is still funny.