Valkyrie Joins the Fold...

Guest Verbal Kint

Guest Verbal Kint

Took the wife to pick up her first, and very own, handgun this afternoon... registered in her own name. *sniffle*

She's shot a few different handguns of mine, and friends, and took to it like a duck in water. One of the very first guns she shot was my Kimber 1911 .45, and I was hesitant to hand it over in fear that it might be too much for her at first and shy her away from the hobby. However, to my surprise, she put every round on target within a 2.5" group at 12 yards. :love:

Wanting something that she could easily carry and conceal (signing her up for the class within the coming weeks), and something that she could easily handle the recoil of... we started a search for the perfect gun. She tried the different flavors of tactical tupperware, as well as steel semi-autos and revolvers... and she decided that the J-frame revolvers met all of her needs and preferences in a carry weapon. So, unknown to her, I found and purchased a .38+P Smith & Wesson 642, with the no-longer-produced pink grips, and took her out today to pick it up. What can I say? Girls like pink. lol

Already have an order in with Mitch Rosen, for leather for both sets of guns.

We plan to take it out this weekend, along with my HK 45C, and squeeze in some range time... but here is a photo showing "His & Hers". Now she has even more of a reason to post regularly on here. :cool:

DSC05327.jpg

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Valkyrie

:cool:

Looking forward to going to the range and getting used to the new addition to our "family". It's been far too long since Verbal and I went to the range.

I really liked the look and feel of Tungsten's 442 when I shot it over the weekend. 1 round = instant love. lol I told Verbal I wanted one and tried to talk him into stealing Tungsten's when he wasn't looking, but that was a no-go. I'm glad he was able to find me exactly what I wanted and in pink! haha

Guest Verbal Kint
My wife's not happy that you somehow scored the pink grips before we did... but she said to pass along that she at least will be able to legally carry hers before you can. :cool:

:love:

Shana told me to point out that Sandy wouldn't have pink grips, if I hadn't sent you the info from the box's sticker and originally pointed out they were made by S&W... then yelled out "No one messes with Adam We!". (see avatar)

I see a shooting challenge brewing. :D

Edited by Verbal Kint
Guest Valkyrie
My wife's not happy that you somehow scored the pink grips before we did... but she said to pass along that she at least will be able to legally carry hers before you can. :cool:

Shaking_Fist_emoticon.gif

Guest Valkyrie
I'm laughing at you HA HA! </anime voice>

SILENCE! I KEEL YOU! </achmed>

Perhaps it was the noid who should have avoided me....