300blk pistol range report

Guest nysos

Made it out to the range on Saturday and got to put some rounds on paper. I only had 1 malfunction and that was ammo related, the 2nd round did not go into battery and upon extracting it - the bullet fell out of the case, so something was not to spec. All other rounds fired and cycled the next round into chamber without issue.

First few shots were just to make sure gun was operating fine, then started trying to get my red dot sited in. It took some ghetto bore siting to get it on paper, but towards the last few rounds it seemed to be pretty close. I only had 20 rounds to work with, so it might need some more fine tuning next range trip.

As a whole recoil wasn't bad at all, the gun performed as expected too. For the type of ammo, my gun may be a little over gassed as the rim of the rounds were getting a decent dint in them - although nothing too bad to where they couldn't be reloaded. I will be interested to see if I can get subs to cycle without having to switch out my gas block to an adjustable (which I plan to do in the future regardless).

Below is the last 5 shot group at 50 yards from a bench, optic is a vortex strike fire red dot with no magnification.

[img]http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b128/-zippy-/range.jpg[/img]
  • Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Glad to see you got it running. FYI, mine ejects straight into the deflector denting the case neck as well. I'm gonna turn the gas down and see if that stops, then see if it will still cycle subs. I little sent is fine, I mean that's why the deflector is there.

We're you using factory ammo?
Yep, factory ammo my brother bought. We got some reloads done tonight, 110grain hornady vmax on 19.5 grains of h110. Will try those out sometime in the coming week. You got any free days coming up? You are more than welcome to join us up at ORSA.
[quote name='Lumber_Jack' timestamp='1355198511' post='858253']
Glad to see you got it running. FYI, mine ejects straight into the deflector denting the case neck as well. I'm gonna turn the gas down and see if that stops, then see if it will still cycle subs. I little sent is fine, I mean that's why the deflector is there.

We're you using factory ammo?
[/quote]

Every one of my fired cases have a flat place on the neck. Lots of brass left on the deflector. I may lighten up the ejector spring a little.
[quote name='mikegideon' timestamp='1355201813' post='858264']

Every one of my fired cases have a flat place on the neck. Lots of brass left on the deflector. I may lighten up the ejector spring a little.[/quote]

Mine is exactly the same. Didn't notice the dents much until I saw the gold color building up on my black deflector.

Let us know what you conclude with the extractor springs, Mike. As long as my brass is reloadable I am not too concerned, but if you find a good solution I would want to change mine up.

Let us know what you conclude with the extractor springs, Mike. As long as my brass is reloadable I am not too concerned, but if you find a good solution I would want to change mine up.

I may not mess with it. It's a pain in the butt to get the extractor back in without the right tool