Connecticut school shooting

It's obvious that gun control will be reinforced by this issue. Politicization always happens with something as bad as this.

I don't really care what the president says, but more likely he will continue on toward the gun treaty by hook or by crook.

This one is a shocker, but we're just observers. I hope to see it stay that way.

First, please pray for the families, community, and first responders in this incident.  They need it!

Second, pray for the families, community, and first responders in the OTHER INCIDENT that occurred today in China:

http://www.courant.com/sns-rt-us-china-stabbingsbre8bd065-20121213,0,5592318.story

This one by a knife-wielding man.  It happens no matter what type of weapons are available.  Also, one of the news reports listed the most deadly school massacre in US history as a bomb that was used in Bath Township, Michigan in 1927 (45 dead and 58 others injured).

Terrible day!!

A gun in the hand of the perpetrator started this massacre, and a gun in the hand of the perpetrator ended this massacre. There were guns in the hands of the various police officers that responded to the scene who were prepared to end this massacre. There were (probably) no guns in the hands of the principal or any of the teachers of the school.

In every case, the guns themselves took no independent action. The guns are merely tools. We could be talking about another type of tool: a bomb, a sword, a knife, or a shovel.

Edited by QuietDan
  • Like 1

Anyone think if the teachers where allowed to CC , there would have been less fatalities?

Changing the gun laws wont have any effect on a crazy person going on a rampage and doing this again.. or doing anything else for that matter.. criminals and crazy people are not known to heed gun laws or any other laws..They dance to their own music.. no gun law will change their mind or make them NOT do what they set out to do..

Damn..I cant wrap my head around this.. it doesnt matter how upset or pissed you are at someone.. how can you look at a child and pull a trigger?

Did not like Fox News interviewing a kindergartener.

I don't have television (no cable or satellite) & have never seen fox so I didn't see the interview. I have no problem with interviewing a kindergardener (at least that might be first hand news). I'm watching NBC news live on the internet & what I was referring too are the reporters saying, well this happened, then saying no we were wrong, this is what really happened. Then twenty minutes later saying well we don't know, but we think something else happened. They need to backup and wait until official facts are known before they play gossip volleyball. Like another guy said, they would rather be first to make news than to be accurate.

Edited by luvmyberetta
  • Moderators

After seeing this story as well as the China story, I have a very brief but possible motive. All I am stating is that it is possible (not suggesting that it is) that the CT shooter saw himself as a mercy killer? [Allegedly] killing his parents, and a lot of very young kids, I wonder if it has anything to do with the December 21, 2012 Mayan ordeal? 

I could see how a man could convince himself that something very bad was going to happen a week from today, and convince himself that by killing those "closest" to him and a lot of innocent children would actually be sparing them from the things to come.

Not suggesting (as I have to evidence at all to suggest so), but just wondering. Things such as this have certainly happened in the past. And humans can truly convince themselves of truly warped things, and believe 100% of it to be true.

Tragic, just tragic.  As posted before, we all need to pray for the families and victims. 

As usual, the bodies aren't even cool before the calls for gun control start.  In spite of the fact that these killings happened in states with very strong gun control.

Well from what I heard earlier, it said that you had to be buzzed into the building, and all the doors were locked. So I don't think he just waltzed in. How correct that is I don't know, but that's what some news group was saying at lunch today. So maybe another person was involved?

Weapons found on the shooter were a Glock 9mm and a Sig Sauer.  There was also a Bushmaster rifle in the shooter's car, per CBS News. One source stated that the weapons were legally purchased by the shooter.

I love it when the media catalogs brand names with guns.  Why don't they ever do that when someone is killed with a evil knife, axe, brick, or rope?  I want to make sure that I don't purchase the same brand of evil rope.

• Moderators

Well from what I heard earlier, it said that you had to be buzzed into the building, and all the doors were locked. So I don't think he just waltzed in. How correct that is I don't know, but that's what some news group was saying at lunch today. So maybe another person was involved?

Maybe? Or perhaps conceal each handgun under a large winter coat, and simply push the button to be buzzed in? He did technically (I believe) follow standard protocol and proceed to the front office first. I believe it is still allowed in practically any school in the nation to arrive at a school and speak with the administration unannounced? Appear to be there for an official purpose (whether it is a meeting, a delivery, a pickup, etc), and any school will unlock its doors for you and allow you in. It isn't like he had to walk in the door with firearms in hand.

Unfortunately, this type of gun violence will never end .......... but the legal gun owners will always pay the price.

Just like insured drivers pay the price for the actions of uninsured drivers.  The law abiding will always pay the price for the irresponsible, reckless and criminal.

I think we are going to look into home schooling more seriously.

That and more Christian private schools.

BUT, there's really no way of explaining a mad mans intentions. He also killed his parents and his girlfriend is missing.

Now, tell me, tell me his parents didn't have some clue that their son was unstable and just failed to speak up? HIS mother was a teacher !!!,  teachers no more about children than most parents!!! 

Just unexplainable.

God bless the families of Newtown, CT.

Edited by kieefer
  • Like 1

Anyone think if the teachers where allowed to CC , there would have been less fatalities?

Changing the gun laws wont have any effect on a crazy person going on a rampage and doing this again.. or doing anything else for that matter.. criminals and crazy people are not known to heed gun laws or any other laws..They dance to their own music.. no gun law will change their mind or make them NOT do what they set out to do..

Damn..I cant wrap my head around this.. it doesnt matter how upset or pissed you are at someone.. how can you look at a child and pull a trigger?

You surrender to something so dark and so evil that normal people can't and aren't really meant to understand what motivates them. Evil on a scale such that to even attempt to comprehend it's depths only serves to leave you feeling even more dirty and with even less understanding than you began with. I don't even try anymore. I just realize that we live in a broken world with broken people and nothing will be perfect until I walk with my maker. Until then, I will continue to love those I hold dear, try to love those I don't, pray for the ones beyond help, but do my best to end those who threaten.

Edited by gnmwilliams
  • Like 1

Emotions are always a little high after reports such as these.

"Settle down Francis" probably should apply to all.

I am going to closely follow the angle in the story about the reported 24-year old son (or potentially the 20-year old son) perpetrator killing his teacher mother and members of her class.

Was he under medical treatment? What was the nature of his injuries? Who was his doctor and what treatment was he receiving?

Was he under mental health treatment? What was the nature of his mental health? Was he taking medications or did he stop taking medications? Who was his doctor and what treatment was he receiving?

What was the relationship with his mother such that he killed her? Was the mother socially or politically active?

What was the relationship with his father, and is his father dead, and under what circumstances? Was the father socially or politically active?

What was the relationship with his brother, and is his brother dead, and under what circumstances? Was his brother socially or politically active? Was his brother military, a college graduate, employed, have a girl-friend, have a wife?

Was he still living at home? Had he always been living at home? Was he politically active?

Was he in the military and if so, was he still in the military? If he was in the military and is not now, under what circumstances did he leave the military?

Did he go to college? Did he graduate, and if he did, what was he studying?

Did he have a job? Did he lose his job and under what circumstances?

Did he have a girlfriend? Did they break up and under what circumstances?

Was he married? If married, did the marriage last or end, and if it ended, under what circumstances?

We need to know the answers to these questions, and if the media does not supply the answers to these basic questions, then something is up, that is, the answers don't match the media's chosen political narrative. I actually expect this.

Was he just another ignorant young thug that wanted to get attention for hurting others?

There are monsters in the world. The sad part is the good people are prevented from protecting the innocent by the politcians. Gun free zones only create a target rich environment for the monsters. If the principal a teacher or an armed security guard had been there the result may very well have been very different

Never let a crisis go to waste. That is the way this administration works.

The left has always waded through blood to press the political agenda.

Edited by zgunbear
Schools and daycares need top notch security.

Nobody but the teachers should be allowed in classrooms, the room doors should be locked and officers should patrol the hallways like a prison. Teachers should be searched before school. Parents who pick their kid early should with a officer. Gun control wont help. Bad guys will just kill gun owners and take their guns to do these crimes with.

Sounds like his mom was a teacher he killed het and the whole class of kids. :(
I just joined this forum about 2 weeks ago and I have basically been "lurking" the whole time, but there are some good points made in this thread and I thought I would add a little to it. When I was deployed last year to Afghanistan EVERYONE carried a loaded rifle and most had a grenade. We never had people shooting up "chow halls" because everyone was armed and could defend themselves. Do you think a coward would go into a school and try to shoot someone if they knew within the first 5 rounds being fired they would be on the way to their maker? Absolutely NOT. Someone that would kill a child is a lowlife piece of trash and wouldn't have the balls to be taken down like a man. This truly breaks my heart, and I pray for those children and their families.
  • Like 3

I just joined this forum about 2 weeks ago and I have basically been "lurking" the whole time, but there are some good points made in this thread and I thought I would add a little to it. When I was deployed last year to Afghanistan EVERYONE carried a loaded rifle and most had a grenade. We never had people shooting up "chow halls" because everyone was armed and could defend themselves. Do you think a coward would go into a school and try to shoot someone if they knew within the first 5 rounds being fired they would be on the way to their maker? Absolutely NOT. Someone that would kill a child is a lowlife piece of trash and wouldn't have the balls to be taken down like a man. This truly breaks my heart, and I pray for those children and their families.

Thank you for your service.

I agree it has never been the object's fault but the fault of the mentally defective person behind the trigger.

• Like 2

Schools and daycares need top notch security.

Nobody but the teachers should be allowed in classrooms, the room doors should be locked and officers should patrol the hallways like a prison. Teachers should be searched before school. Parents who pick their kid early should with a officer. Gun control wont help. Bad guys will just kill gun owners and take their guns to do these crimes with.

Sounds like his mom was a teacher he killed het and the whole class of kids. :(

Glad I would have never went to a school you would like to open.  Schools aren't prisons.  At the end of they day, bad things happen.  This is tragic, but when we get to that level, the crazies have won.  Your child could get hit by a truck on the way home, they could die of a heart attach, or anything.  Let's not turn our country into a police state thinking somehow we would be safer.

Edited by Hozzie