Connecticut school shooting

This might just be the final straw.

I can't image what would have caused someone to do this. The gun control folks will jump on this and have a strong argument..

Edited by greenego

Too only have 3 injured with 26+ dead...This was an execution style killing.   According to reports, 1 entire classroom is unaccounted for.  

People like this make me sick.  I hope he enjoys the eternal hell he will be in for eternity in the firey pits of hell.

• Like 3

Holy jesus! 

They really need to bring back public executions in situations like this. Plenty of people would stand in line and volunteer to yank the handle on the platform on bastards like these.

Problem is, these cowards always kill themselves first.

• Like 1

It is times like these that I really hate that my wife is a teacher. She represents all that is good about the teaching profession and her family has a long history of teaching back to the beginnings of the 1900's. We've moved a couple of times and part of the motiviation is doing the best we can to keep her in safer schools.

She also is a shooting enthusiast. I don't know if she would have what it takes to pull the trigger or not but it really is a moot point since she isn't allowed to even have a weapon in her truck. She shoots and trains with me and takes at least one class per year.

But, this isn't to be political... I can't imagine the horror for the kids and first responders. The feeling of the parents? I don't know that I will ever have a frame of reference for that...

Please take a moment to offer a prayer for all involved.

Mark

• Like 1

Too only have 3 injured with 26+ dead...This was an execution style killing.   According to reports, 1 entire classroom is unaccounted for.  

People like this make me sick.  I hope he enjoys the eternal hell he will be in for eternity in the firey pits of hell.

The pits of hell are NOT good enough for these less than human monsters!

Everyone, love your children, hug them and tell them you love them every day as many times as you can!

• Like 1
  • Moderators

Saw this quote on Yahoo:

The deadliest attack came in July at a midnight screening of a Batman film in Colorado that killed 12 people and wounded 58.

I don't see how "deadliest" can mean that 15 less people died. Sure, there were more wounded, but deadliest means fatal, right?

This story in CT concerns me in regards to the 2nd Amendment for two reasons:

1) They were kids. That is sure to That's about as big of a sensitive issue that you can get.

2) [Reportedly] the gunman was 20, that's not a legal age to purchase handguns from an FFL. According to what I've found on the internet, the minimum age for possessing and transporting handguns in CT is 21. If the gunman was indeed only 20, could this be the ammunition needed to end all private firearm sales?

Man the more I think about it the worse it is. I mean little little kids, most prob don't even know what a real gun was. It had to be almost execution style. It brought tears to my eyes. Eternity in hell doesn't seem long enough. I pray God cleanses this world of these beasts soon.
  • Like 1

I am always amazed that we guard our banks, our federal buildings, our airports...but we leave our most helpless with no protection at all.  Prayers for the families.

Agreed.  I have long feared that schools will be the next horrific terrorist attack.  We are NOT prepared for the emotional horror if that happens.  It will be truly terrifying.  I pray that God prevents that from ever happening.  Not to say that this incident was not horrific or terrorism, it clearly is that.

HOW MANY LIVES COULD A LEGALLY ARMED TEACHER HAVE SAVED! 

Or Hell even a LEGALLY ARMED parent that just might have been there for what ever reason!

The "GUN FREE ZONE" Only applies to the honest people! The lunatics will still do what they want to do!

Sadly the media will never even discuss this option. To borrow a quote from another forum, "Too many people mistake coffins for soap boxes." I just hope that by some miracle, this swings entirely the other way now that our society is a little more firendly to the gun culture and that there will be some level headed people out there that will bring these points mentioned above to people's ears.

Edited by gnmwilliams

Sick piece of trash.  At least he was either shot or shot himself so he does not get to smile and act goofy like that guy in Arizona, then be found crazy, and not get the death penalty.

It makes me so sad to see little innocent kids killed because of a crazy person.  I wish there was a policeman at the school on staff to help protect these kids. 

It is times like these that I really hate that my wife is a teacher. She represents all that is good about the teaching profession and her family has a long history of teaching back to the beginnings of the 1900's. We've moved a couple of times and part of the motiviation is doing the best we can to keep her in safer schools.

She also is a shooting enthusiast. I don't know if she would have what it takes to pull the trigger or not but it really is a moot point since she isn't allowed to even have a weapon in her truck. She shoots and trains with me and takes at least one class per year.

But, this isn't to be political... I can't imagine the horror for the kids and first responders. The feeling of the parents? I don't know that I will ever have a frame of reference for that...

Please take a moment to offer a prayer for all involved.

Mark

Unfortunatly, it will be politicized before the bodies are cold.

"am always amazed that we guard our banks, our federal buildings, our airports...but we leave our most helpless with no protection at all.  Prayers for the families."

I totally agree with you.  If a school cannot afford to put LEO's, they can at least get a contract with a security company and post armed guards.

Even if it was legal in every state, I hardly doubt many teachers would carry a handgun while working.

Hate to say if but this is going to be used as the beginning to the end of gun ownership. Once small children have been killed emotions take over. This was the same type of event in both Australia and England for their sweeping gun control. I hope it doesn't but I suspect this might be too much.

Dolomite

I think you are right DS.  This will be used as a sledge hammer against the 2nd Amendment.

• Administrator

Hate to say if but this is going to be used as the beginning to the end of gun ownership. Once small children have been killed emotions take over. This was the same type of event in both Australia and England for their sweeping gun control. I hope it doesn't but I suspect this might be too much.

Dolomite

Copying a very well written post from M4C...

In the grand scheme of things, these shootings are a pimple on an elephants ass compared to the real problems facing America today. All though tragic, more people have been killed in automobile crashes today than the CT elementary school shooting. Any legislation to ban firearms in private hands will be done as merely another slight of hand to further distract us from the true problem, and that is an out of control government that can't balance a checkbook.

• Like 6
[quote name='Dolomite_supafly' timestamp='1355512057' post='860130']Hate to say if but this is going to be used as the beginning to the end of gun ownership. Once small children have been killed emotions take over. This was the same type of event in both Australia and England for their sweeping gun control. I hope it doesn't but I suspect this might be too much. Dolomite[/quote] Unfortunately I think u are right. posted from my phone

Dolomite

Copying a very well written post from M4C...

In the grand scheme of things, these shootings are a pimple on an elephants ass compared to the real problems facing America today. All though tragic, more people have been killed in automobile crashes today than the CT elementary school shooting. Any legislation to ban firearms in private hands will be done as merely another slight of hand to further distract us from the true problem, and that is an out of control government that can't balance a checkbook.

Very well said.

JTM
Sent from my iPhone

My heart goes out to the families .......... this is very, very sad for everyone.

Band together Amigos - we'll need to stay strong to defend our rights against acts like this. Unfortunately, this type of gun violence will never end .......... but the legal gun owners will always pay the price.

I wish one of those teachers could have defended the class with a firearm - this just blows my mind that someone is capable of something so evil.

• Like 1